Desjardins
Happiness score is 68 out of 100

Desjardins Employee Reviews

Canada948 reviews

Great Canadian Organization

The outcome of one’s experience within the company is completely dependent on the management of the area/office/department. There are some fantastic leaders within the organization and some very toxic individuals. That said, to be fair, they do a good job of extracting bad apples. I would encourage anyone to join the organization if they are looking for long term employment where they can build lasting relationships.

Pros

Great benefits, some paid lunches, good people

Épanouissement

Vie de famille et vie professionnelle équilibré. La formation est complète et bien suivi.

Insights into Desjardins

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Environnement de travail motivant

C’est une très belle équipe, les employés sont appréciés et les avantages sociaux extrêmement compétitifs.

Environnement de travail propice

Environnement agréable dont règne le respect entre les collègues. Avantages sociaux très importants. Gestionnaires ouverts et justes.

Chargé de projet

Bonne ambiance de travail. Aspect Humain très important et mis de l'avant

Stressant et non humain

Au début je pensais trouver le meilleur emploi Pour moi, mais chez Desjardins on est juste des numéros et on est traité comme des robots.

Cons

Gestionnaire non humain

Best company to work for

They treat very well their employees. Good starting salary. Good benefits. Great people and management. Place for growth and career advancement. Best company I worked for so far.

Environnement stressant, mais gestionnaire à l’écoute.

L’environnement peut facilement être très stressant, mais les gestionnaires sont très à l’écoute.

Environnement de travail très agréable, avec des gestionnaires toujours derrière nous pour nous aidez à avancer et s’amilliorer.

Nous avons accès à des avantages sociaux très avantageux et un salaire compétitif au mérite. Travailler chez Desjardins ces travailler dans une équipe qui a comme seul objectif offrir le meilleure service à la clientèle tout en contribuant au bien être de ses employés. Les gestionnaires sont toujours derrière nous pour nous offrir les meilleures support pour pouvoir exercer notre travail le mieu possible. Ils sont à notre écoute de nos besoin et sont toujours prêt à s’adapter à notre vie personnelle.

Great People and Great Environment

I work at an Insurance Agent’s office which in my opinion would be the way to go. At my particular Agent’s office, it feels like we are all a family. We are very collaborative and constantly helping one another out without feeling like I’m competing against my peers. We have fun, in-office promos that aim to give some extra incentives for high performance, and we always celebrate each of our successes. My Agent is also very relaxed about needing time off and really strives for a great work/life balance. To be honest, my Agent feels more like a coworker or work friend than a boss as they are very encouraging and easy to approach. I find most clients are kind and fun to talk to and any of the “higher ups” in the company I’ve spoken to are very kind and there to help you succeed. The underwriting department and billing department are easy to work with when needed and you begin to form bonds with them over time as well as your immediate coworkers. The only reason I docked a star from the job culture rating is that there are some other Agent’s nearby that are a bit rude and uptight, but as I said, for the most part each person I’ve spoken to is great.

Training is long needs to focus on people that are more a visual than theory

mixed feelings to be honest culture is good but as usual depends on the manager. Feels like they say one thing and do another. work life balance is important to the company so they say but in reality its the opposite

Good place to work, good support from manager and coworkers, a lot of opportunity for advancement, you can apply for a lot of jobs internally, pay is a little bit low

Toxic environment

A horrible environment, repetitive tasks with no sense of accomplishment and a nonstop cycle of new claims. Employees are regularly asked for feedback which is then ignored. The department is so conservative and hostile to new ideas, and management treats their employees with total disregard. Expect to be micromanaged in every single thing you do, every second of the day. The salary and benefits might seem appealing at first, but they never mention all of the unpaid overtime you will be forced to do. There is no work-life balance at all, and you are expected to work almost all of the statutory holidays as well as evenings and weekends. Your schedule is set up without your consent and they count every minute of your day and how you spend it. Managers have no respect for their employees and no problem overworking them until they quit or end up on disability leave. Customers and coworkers can treat you horribly and management just laughs it off. Favoritism and nepotism are the only ways to get beyond the advisor position, but there are so many layers that most people quit after a year or so. The culture is so toxic with its forced positivity, everyone is unhappy but is too afraid to say anything for fear of being fired. Older employees are overlooked and undervalued, and the company does not value loyalty at all.

Good Benefits and career advancement

Good benefits with a defined benefit pension. Career advancement to management if you fit the mold. Managers have little understanding of day-to-day handling of claims and therefore cannot relate to staff's extreme workload stressors.

nice work environment and work-life balance. Great management who took interest in you as a person. A lot of opportunities for growth within the company

Belle culture d'entreprise

Les gens sont vraiment gentils. Belle collaboration

Pros

Salaire et opportunités d'emploi

Cons

...

Environnement stressant du au manque d’employés

Département dans lequel je travaillais était understaffed et Desjardins était très lente à réagir pour y remédier.

Pros

Avantages sociaux

Cons

Charge énorme de travail du au manque d’employés

Very stressful

Ppl call in all the time ,short staffed, hight staff rotation (but very,very slow to replace the potions). Very stressful, you get yelled at and harassed by the members. You advise them to management but nothing gets done. Your just a number to them!

Pros

Benefits, retirement plan, free banking perks

Cons

Stressful, Poor management

bonne entreprise!

bonne entreprise!Possibilité d'avancement!bonne ambiance!

Environnement de travail humain

Mes 5 mois de travail chez Desjardins ont été très bien. Travail collaboratif, respectueux et reconnaissant. Pour le poste pour lequel j'ai appliqué, possibilités d'avancement étriqués et peu intéressants considérant mes grades universitaires.

Great workplace culture, invests in employees development.

Great workplace culture, they invest in the development of its employees. One of the best workplaces with diverse ethnic and cultural representation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Desjardins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement