Designer Brands Inc. Employee Reviews in Greater Sudbury, ON

3.0Job Security & Advancement
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1,876 reviews
was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON25 February 2019
Don't get very many shifts, some times did not have a lot of people on floor which was difficult, on call shifts were not paid, lots of information to contain in not a lot of time.
Demanding place of work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 May 2017
The shoe company is a great place to work, if you can handle it. They use very aggressive sales tactics and attempts to enforce it upon everyone while disregarding the way you choose to communicate with customers. Statistics are everything, and these stats literally determine if you work, and how much you work. If you are an amazing employee and your boss loves you, you'll have a great time. If not, you will be fighting for your job.
Pros
Discounts on expensive shoes.
Cons
Not enough pay for the work.
The Shoe Company - Terrible
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON27 March 2017
This is a terrible company to work for. They do not care about their associates . If you want a job where you work extremely hard and are not appreciated at all, then you should work for this company.
Fun place to work. Great manager!!
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ontario1 March 2017
I love working at the shoe company in Sudbury my manager is so good to all the employees and makes everyday fun .. she makes us feel valued everyday and tells us what a great job we do.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Not alot of shifts in January
The worse place to work in sudbury
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON3 March 2015
The most horrific job I have EVER had. The manager is so incredibly rude to everyone. She likes to yell at staff infront of costumers, swear at them, call them names, and be in the worst mood possible 24/7. The boss at the shoe company CLEARLY hates her job. The assistant manager straight up called me and several other employees "obese", "b*tches" and other hurtful things, and once reported to the manager, she DIDNT EVEN CARE! She didnt do a thing about it. I tried to report these incidents to head office, and head office straight up told me they didnt believe me.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
you'll leave work crying and hating yourself