DeSerres

DeSerres Management reviews

Fun work place
You get to do collaborative art projects to show customers who are unfamiliar with the art. People are generally very kind to you. Management is fantastic and works accordingly to your schedule.
productive place to work
Interesting environment to work. Good teamwork and flexible hours.
Top management is quite supportive of new employees. Overall, it is a good place to work
Fun for a bit but room for improvement
Fun store if you like art! Customers are generally great. Co-workers are great, too! Biggest problem is management, which does not value or respect their employees. Fear-based work environment coming from the top, down. Combination of no commission and minimum wage = low incentive to make big sales. Also, be prepared for only one half break for an 8.5 hour shift. So much would be improved by attitude of management, for both customer and employee experience. Not much room for advancement.

BUT! On the good side, got lots of hours!
Fun,lovely coworkers
This is a place where you can be yourself and be comfortable. The coworkers are very helpful when you are first learning. Management is lenient and respects your out of work life with scheduling. tasks include :
Restocking shelves

Assisting customers with products or cash
Pros
Welcoming staff, Many products to learn
Cons
some dead hours
Great company and work experience
I loved working at DeSerres! I worked with people whom I still call friends. Management was understanding, kind and flexible. When I began I didn't have a lot of knowledge beyond the art materials I used but as I worked there I was able to learn and use what I learned to help customers and myself as an artist. It was a very rewarding job!
Don't bother working here
Terrible management that fired me after I could not mop the floors with my broken wrist. I was late by one minute because I took public transportation at the time and got screamed at for that. Don't waste your time with this dump..
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.
Good for retail
Started great, but over time found myself very disappointed with management and pay. Found that no matter what one does to improve the work environment it is rarely appreciated. That being said, management is amazing when it comes to time off requests and assisting in getting shifts covered if needed.
Great Place to work at!
Great management and fun place to work at. There is room for advancement and room to use your skills in the workplace. Very flexible and understanding manager.
Product knowledge and artistic growth
Loved working at DeSerres! I was able to make great friends that all have similar artistic backgrounds as mine. We could really share our product knowledge and concil one another on different materials and techniques. The management was amazing and would listen to all consultants opinions and experience, and value all our hard work.
Pros
Creative liberties
Positive environment to work
Organized, positive environment, competent management.
Well structured, reasonable shifts.

Fairly competitive.

Good perspectives of career in retail.
great job, great team members, wonderful products and services
I loved my job and the environment I worked in. Customers and Coworkers were an absolute pleasure to work with.Every work day involved helping clients find creative solutions and products/gift ideas to take home and enjoy and share with others.I learned that our store played a huge part in helping people achieve their dreams as artists. Our assistant manager should have been head management in the store; a fantastic fun personable person who treated all his employees with respect; unfortunately I am not able to say the same for head management who demeaned and at times humiliated staff in front of coworkers and customers.The hardest part of my job were days when I worked with head management. Most enjoyable part of my job was the people I helped and seeing how excited they were to buy their art supplies. They absolutely loved our store and the pride we took in providing exceptional customer service.I have never worked at a job I enjoyed more.
Pros
great working with creative team members
Cons
upper management could brush up on interpersonal skills with staff