DeSerres Employee Reviews

Travail comme conseillère
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC3 June 2019
L'ambiance est agréable et les employés aussi. La seule chose étant qu'il y a de moins en moins de clients donc de moins en moins d'heures à donner. Il est facile de grimper dans la compagnie par contre et d'avoir plusieurs formations. Par contre peu importe le poste, les salaires sont moindre
Pros
Opportunité de grimper
Cons
Heures de travail et salaire
environnement de travail
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2019
Super environnement, très bien structuré et toujours à la recherche du changement
Pros
rabais employé
Cons
augmentation salarial
Fun environment
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 April 2019
I think working at DeSerres was a great experience as a summer student. I learnt how to use the cash, talk to different clients and vocabulary about the art industry.
Fun,lovely coworkers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 April 2019
This is a place where you can be yourself and be comfortable. The coworkers are very helpful when you are first learning. Management is lenient and respects your out of work life with scheduling. tasks include :
Restocking shelves
Assisting customers with products or cash
Pros
Welcoming staff, Many products to learn
Cons
some dead hours
Great company and work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2019
I loved working at DeSerres! I worked with people whom I still call friends. Management was understanding, kind and flexible. When I began I didn't have a lot of knowledge beyond the art materials I used but as I worked there I was able to learn and use what I learned to help customers and myself as an artist. It was a very rewarding job!
My time in DeSerres as a Co-op Student
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2019
Work starts in the afternoon, roughly at the time of my typical afternoon class start. Responsibilities consists of stocking up items onto shelves and help out customer service. The main thing that I learned in my time there is how a typical retail shop works from the perspective of a co-op student. The workplace's culture is oriented in arts & crafts seeing as the customers of the store are (or planning to be) workers of the Art Industry and hobbyists of the visual arts. The one thing I would describe as the most difficult part of the job is handling customer service, the reason being is my lack of knowledge on the items the store sells. The biggest highlight in my time as a co-op student in Deserres is discovering wonderful items sold in the store and finding more respect for retail stores and it's workers.
Pros
low-key window shopping
Cons
hours seemingly longer than they should be
Environnement de travail bien
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC15 March 2019
Étant passionnée par le domaine des arts visuels, pratiquant - à l'occasion - le dessin, mais n'étant pas étudiante dans ce domaine, j'ai été peu considérée lors de mon emploi en tant que caissière dans cette entreprise.

Cependant, j'ai remarqué la belle complicité qui régnait entre les employé(e)s (étudiants en art médiatique et/ou en histoire de l'art ) et la direction.
Pros
40 % de rabais sur nos achats lors de nos quarts de travail (ou au moment de quitter notre quart)
Cons
Trop longues pauses dîner, l'entreprise ne peut pas garantir le nombre d'hrs/sem. qu'elle pourra t'offrir, ce n'est pas un emploi stable.
Don't bother working here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  alberta10 September 2018
Terrible management that fired me after I could not mop the floors with my broken wrist. I was late by one minute because I took public transportation at the time and got screamed at for that. Don't waste your time with this dump..
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything.
Soulless retail
Sales Associate, Fine Arts Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2018
If you need a part time job and a discount on art supplies, it's bearable. Otherwise I would avoid if possible. Soulless, boring, and with very little opportunity for upward mobility.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Horribly managed
Très bien
Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Quebec17 August 2018
Personnel très bien traité. Ils nous traite plus comme des conseillers que des caissiers.
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseillère et Caissière (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC16 August 2018
Les journées varies, autant qu'elles sont hyper occupées qu'elle peuvent être vraiment tranquille.
Good for retail
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2018
Started great, but over time found myself very disappointed with management and pay. Found that no matter what one does to improve the work environment it is rarely appreciated. That being said, management is amazing when it comes to time off requests and assisting in getting shifts covered if needed.
Great Place to work at!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 April 2018
Great management and fun place to work at. There is room for advancement and room to use your skills in the workplace. Very flexible and understanding manager.
Productive, and lively workplace with lots of opportunities
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 March 2018
Working at DeSerres has been a great experience, with even better staff. I enjoy every minute I'm working and embrace the job culture. The hardest part of this job would be leaving because they've accommodated my busy schedule through school.
Product knowledge and artistic growth
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2018
Loved working at DeSerres! I was able to make great friends that all have similar artistic backgrounds as mine. We could really share our product knowledge and concil one another on different materials and techniques. The management was amazing and would listen to all consultants opinions and experience, and value all our hard work.
Pros
Creative liberties
Environnement de travail agréable
Commis d'entrepôt (Current Employee) –  montreal27 November 2017
Une journée typique chez Deserres : Faire les changement de prix de la journée, placer la marchandise des chariots, à l'entrepôt : faire les envoies pour les clients et réceptionner la marchandise.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 October 2017
I haven't been working here long, but the vibe I got from when I started till now is that it's a happy place, where we're treated like adults (not micromanaged) and treated nicely and fairly. Both my bosses and supervisors are friendly, welcoming and inviting people who will listen to any concerns and provide great feedback on problems.

They give great hours and flexibility with scheduling. My only problem is minimum wage, but that's to be expected with a cashier position.

I would 100% recommend this workplace to anyone looking for a job.
Pros
Friendly and Caring Coworkers/Supervisors, Flexibility, Nice Break Room, Positive Workplace Culture
Cons
Minimum wage
J'ai adoré mes années pour eux
Étalagiste / Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC11 October 2017
Mon meilleur emploi a vie, ils sont très ouvert esprit, les journée sont bien remplis et très creative.
Pros
flexible pour l'horaire
Cons
aucun
bonne experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Est, QC20 June 2017
Les jours que J'ai travaillée à Omer DeSerres, ma vraiment permis d'apprendre beaucoup de choses, sur le service à clientèle. Les personnes qui travailler avec moi était de personnes vraiment gentils et aimables ils aident beaucoup quand tu avais des questions à propos de quelque chose.
Pros
bonne ambiance
Cons
aucun point négatif
Positive environment to work
Framing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2017
Organized, positive environment, competent management.
Well structured, reasonable shifts.
Fairly competitive.
Good perspectives of career in retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeSerres. Our community is ready to answer.