Derrick Dodge Employee Reviews

bien
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 November 2018
une bonne compagnie, malgré que cela n`étais pas facile pour faire la vente a cause de l`économie de la province.
Horrendous employer - stay away
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2018
Up until new owners/management took over in June 2016, this place was spectacular to work for. (worked there off/on part time). Always welcomed back. Great management. Since June 2016, new owners have driven away long term staff (15-20-25-30-35 year people), by their inability to keep their word. I have witnessed first hand, (several times) new management firing someone for no reason, other than to be able to replace them at a lower hourly rate. New department managers, are quitting within days, because they've realized what a TOXIC place Derrick Dodge is.

It was like working in a shooting gallery. Never knew who was on the chopping block next.

No job performance reviews. Broken promises. Reneging on raises, promotions. Overtime hours not paid, missed regular hours on paycheques. NO RESPECT for their staff.

The new owners/management are from Ontario.

They have no concept of how the Alberta economy works or how we as Albertan's think. They have taken an Edmonton and an Alberta business with a great reputation and totally destroyed it because they refused to listen to the people that have been through several economic downturns in Alberta and how Derrick Dodge in the past, has weathered the storm and continued to be successful.

Derrick Dodge HAD a great reputation in the automotive industry, as a fair employer. An employer that treated everyone like family.

The new owners/management style is the complete opposite of the original owners. The new owners/management is only concerned about one thing....MONEY.

They do not
  more... care how they make it, who they run over, who they destroy in the process. They do NOT CARE about their employees or the well being of their employees.

Middle management and regular staff turn over is like a revolving door.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Worst place you can ever work for
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 September 2018
Not a good place to work for . A lot of turnover
Due to poor management

All good long term employees got fired or quit
The place is sinking in water as it’s a complete failure

If you want to be treated with disrespect it’s tgen the
Right place for you
Pros
Sorry nothing good
Cons
Work overtime and weekends and won’t be paid
Do not board this sinking ship
Sales & Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2018
New ownership forced out ALL of the great staff that worked here. Upper sales management has been changed 3 times in 3 months. Auto group out of Ontario that clearly has no clue about how to operate in the local market.

No one knows what is going on at all.

Save yourself the trouble of having to look for another job in 3 months, DO NOT WORK HERE, unless you enjoy long hours, high stress levels, and low pay.
Pros
Leaving after your shift
Cons
Starting your shift
Good turned bad.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
While working there under previous management, everything was going good. You would actually want to come to work.
Then new management came in with new owners who have no idea how to keep employee. Moral is awful. Hard working employees & employees that have been there for over 10 years just let go. People quit left & right because of the chaotic atmosphere.
Pros
Was good.
Cons
Paychecks were missing money, bad moral, new management
Good job bad environment
Lube technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 July 2018
The work was what you can expect I started as a porter then promoted to lube tech and became a service adviser and every time they told me exactly what i would be doing. The people there are what you have to watch out for nobody is looking out for you and the higher up staff is always looking for drama if you try to stay out of it they will try to start some with you. it makes it easy to get promoted because everyone quits but they quit for a reason it's avrage pay but your job security minimal if u don't try to stab others in the back
Pros
Good experience for people just getting into the automotive indistry
Cons
6 day work weeks
Very disorganized
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  6211 104st Edmonton Alberta15 July 2018
Has relatively new owners that are completely lost and have no clue how to run a customer dependent store.
Management continue to do nothing but cut pay to employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
low pay, always errors with paycheck unexplained, disorganized managment
Fast paced, competative environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
This was long time ago a summer job I don't really recall a lot of it. I remember that it was a fast paced, competitive environment. i enjoyed the people I worked with.
Was ford second day
Lube Bay Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
Company got new owners and on my second day I was doing other people’s jobs and was fired. Wouldn’t recommend working here at all. Worked 12 hours my first day after training someone. Very upsetting.
Good job
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
Busy lots to do without a lot of support
Many courses competed, and company support
Good but could support you better
Good culture many different personalities
Pleasing the general manager
Dealing and meeting all the customers
Fun and very motivating. Drives for constant self improvement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Great place to work. Helpedme stay focused, deal with tough situations and helped me to learn how be prisistant. It's a career where you can't take no for an answer and keep looking for ways to make a sale yet not be pushy. It was defenatly a great expireance.
As a Temporary worker it was a friendly environment.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
I work at Derrick Dodge every summer and winter checking inventory. The employees are very friendly and helped out with things i wasn't clear about. The job I do for Derrick Dodge is only about three to six days a year. But I learned a lot about the company in the short time I am there. They taught me how to cross reference inventory numbers. The hardest part of the Job i do is being outside and on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can take it at your own pace. Again the employees are very friendly as well.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours, but great people
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2018
Working ten days on and four off did get rough after a while, but I loved the work environment while I was there. The people were friendly, and management was helpful (for the most part) for both staff and customers. That aside, I got along really well with most everyone there, and still think it's the best dodge dealership in Edmonton, at the very least.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, good spiff programs, good people
Cons
Long hours, high expectations
fun
Cashier, Gas Bar (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
another good job for me, driving trucks. I think I mentioned this in the other job description, so I apologize, for I made a mistake. Driving trucks as a young lad is awesome
Worst place to work!!!
Used and Abused (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
Do you enjoy being harassed by your superiors? Do you enjoy being singled out and being forced to do others peoples jobs? Do you thrive being forced to complete unsafe work? Do you love being told to do unreasonable work in unreasonable time frames! Then this is the place for you! Enjoy getting ripped off constantly, mistakes on your pay, and loads and loads of harassment! Just check out the reviews on any site of this place and you'll understand. Scummiest dealership in alberta, with a strong reputation as such.
Pros
Free harrassment
Cons
Hope you got time, this ones long.
Great Team
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
At Derrick Dodge they have a good core group of people. That being said they expect a lot out their employees. There is virtually no advancement opportunities. Lots of long term Employees are leaving
Pros
Saturday free lunch
Cons
No Advancement
Too long ago
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
I was young and ambitious. Thank you to my manager who always made sure I had responsibly and thank you to my coworkers for making every day fun and enjoyable. You made every day worth getting up for.
Big and Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton , AB22 February 2017
Really busy place great energy only reason i left is because my manager left and offered another position at another store I liked that it was an appointment based store and you were held in high regard for putting in the work
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Great process and people, however with new ownership, more concerns about money than people. One of the best place to learn about the auto business. Will promote from within over outside options.
Pros
great inventory and advertising
Cons
long hours, new ownership
working at derrick was not very good
lube technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
working at derrick dodge wasnt very good because half the time i was sitting in a chair doing nothing at all which i personally dont like