Derrick Dodge Employee Reviews

Do not board this sinking ship
Sales & Sales Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 August 2018
New ownership forced out ALL of the great staff that worked here. Upper sales management has been changed 3 times in 3 months. Auto group out of Ontario that clearly has no clue about how to operate in the local market.

No one knows what is going on at all.

Save yourself the trouble of having to look for another job in 3 months, DO NOT WORK HERE, unless you enjoy long hours, high stress levels, and low pay.
Pros
Leaving after your shift
Cons
Starting your shift
Good turned bad.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
While working there under previous management, everything was going good. You would actually want to come to work.
Then new management came in with new owners who have no idea how to keep employee. Moral is awful. Hard working employees & employees that have been there for over 10 years just let go. People quit left & right because of the chaotic atmosphere.
Pros
Was good.
Cons
Paychecks were missing money, bad moral, new management
Very disorganized
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  6211 104st Edmonton Alberta15 July 2018
Has relatively new owners that are completely lost and have no clue how to run a customer dependent store.
Management continue to do nothing but cut pay to employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is going home.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
low pay, always errors with paycheck unexplained, disorganized managment
Fast paced, competative environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 June 2018
This was long time ago a summer job I don't really recall a lot of it. I remember that it was a fast paced, competitive environment. i enjoyed the people I worked with.
Was ford second day
Lube Bay Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
Company got new owners and on my second day I was doing other people’s jobs and was fired. Wouldn’t recommend working here at all. Worked 12 hours my first day after training someone. Very upsetting.
Good job
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 April 2018
Busy lots to do without a lot of support
Many courses competed, and company support
Good but could support you better
Good culture many different personalities
Pleasing the general manager
Dealing and meeting all the customers
Fun and very motivating. Drives for constant self improvement
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Great place to work. Helpedme stay focused, deal with tough situations and helped me to learn how be prisistant. It's a career where you can't take no for an answer and keep looking for ways to make a sale yet not be pushy. It was defenatly a great expireance.
As a Temporary worker it was a friendly environment.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
I work at Derrick Dodge every summer and winter checking inventory. The employees are very friendly and helped out with things i wasn't clear about. The job I do for Derrick Dodge is only about three to six days a year. But I learned a lot about the company in the short time I am there. They taught me how to cross reference inventory numbers. The hardest part of the Job i do is being outside and on my feet for hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can take it at your own pace. Again the employees are very friendly as well.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours, but great people
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 March 2018
Working ten days on and four off did get rough after a while, but I loved the work environment while I was there. The people were friendly, and management was helpful (for the most part) for both staff and customers. That aside, I got along really well with most everyone there, and still think it's the best dodge dealership in Edmonton, at the very least.
Pros
Free lunch on Saturdays, good spiff programs, good people
Cons
Long hours, high expectations
fun
Cashier, Gas Bar (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
another good job for me, driving trucks. I think I mentioned this in the other job description, so I apologize, for I made a mistake. Driving trucks as a young lad is awesome
Worst place to work!!!
Used and Abused (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
Do you enjoy being harassed by your superiors? Do you enjoy being singled out and being forced to do others peoples jobs? Do you thrive being forced to complete unsafe work? Do you love being told to do unreasonable work in unreasonable time frames! Then this is the place for you! Enjoy getting ripped off constantly, mistakes on your pay, and loads and loads of harassment! Just check out the reviews on any site of this place and you'll understand. Scummiest dealership in alberta, with a strong reputation as such.
Pros
Free harrassment
Cons
Hope you got time, this ones long.
Great Team
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 July 2017
At Derrick Dodge they have a good core group of people. That being said they expect a lot out their employees. There is virtually no advancement opportunities. Lots of long term Employees are leaving
Pros
Saturday free lunch
Cons
No Advancement
Too long ago
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
I was young and ambitious. Thank you to my manager who always made sure I had responsibly and thank you to my coworkers for making every day fun and enjoyable. You made every day worth getting up for.
Big and Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton , AB22 February 2017
Really busy place great energy only reason i left is because my manager left and offered another position at another store I liked that it was an appointment based store and you were held in high regard for putting in the work
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Great process and people, however with new ownership, more concerns about money than people. One of the best place to learn about the auto business. Will promote from within over outside options.
Pros
great inventory and advertising
Cons
long hours, new ownership
working at derrick was not very good
lube technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
working at derrick dodge wasnt very good because half the time i was sitting in a chair doing nothing at all which i personally dont like
great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2016
love the people there i had alot of fun working for them loved my boss always learned so much from every one they were all willing to help me learn
Would like to be treated properly in a work place where its not a dead end
Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2015
Typical day at work is greet customers at the front desk, organize the appointments for the next day. Attach vips, rewards program points, and maintenance schedule. I check to see if parts are in stock and call to confirm appointments. Do little side jobs for my boss in trying to sell business, offer special promotions. Department doesn't make enough money for anyone to get a raise and certain people don't act properly in a work place. I learned alot about vehicles, mainly trucks because I work at Derrick Dodge Truck Center.
Pros
Get to wear cool sweaters and look at nice trucks
Cons
No lunches and have to work every saturday to really live
fun place to work
Automotive Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2015
automotive service and repair, warrenty, module reprograming, diag and repair, steering, suspention, 4x4, hvac, preformace modifications, service and repair, all employees are good tempered and are helpful, the most enjoyable part of my day was coming in the morning to a clean floor, there was a floor cleaner that came in and wash the floor at night.
Pros
food provided for satarday lunch
Cons
no possible advancment
Goood company to work for!
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2015
Fast paced and high stress job, keeps you on your toes, and follow up is key when walking a customer through the sales process and ensuring the customers vehicle is ready for delivery.
Pros
Great Managers
Cons
Long hours!