DependableIT Group INC

DependableIT Group INC Employee Reviews

Canada98 reviews

Insights into DependableIT Group INC

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Not for long term. They don’t keep enough people at a time and will offer people to leave early even if the queues goes down for just 10 minutes.

Management is trash. Politics is involved. Don’t expect promotion anytime soon. You can take it as temporary job until you find some good opportunity.

One of the better call centres in the area

It’s typical call centre. I can’t say what it’s like since Covid, but the job itself was telecom technical support. Had anywhere from 7-10 minutes to resolve an issue. Customers aren’t very tech savvy so this can be difficult sometimes. Seemed like the goal was to get them off the phone as fast as possible while appearing to fix the issue (even if you didn’t.)It’s 24 hours so the hours are everywhere and weekends off weren’t that frequent.Supervisors were somewhat helpful. Pay was pretty low, at the time it was 14.50 and 16 per hour when I left 2 years later.In the end, wasn’t the job for me. But if you’re used to call centre work, this place wasn’t the worst to work at. One of the better ones from what I’ve heard.

Good Work from Home position.

Very easy interview process. Straightforward customer service questions. It was a work from home position, and they want you to go an pick up your own equipment from their office in Hamilton, however, during my hiring process, the Recruiter told me that they would bring the equipment to my area and I would meet someone to get the equipment. Be Leary of what Recruiters are saying because it seems that more and more are not given/supplying the facts.

Toxic

Bad work life balance. The amount Of people who did not like working their was very high. There was so many issues that I can’t even name stay away. Do not recommend.

It's all about numbers for them. Minimum pay and everyday different schedules for work and breaks.Had to use windows xp like it's 2021 why not used 10 or at least 7.

It’s okay

An okay place to start out, pay could be better but you have better options out there. The coworkers are the ones that make it worthwhile. Dealing with customers is stressful

Billing and Sales Agent

The best place I have worked so far, love my coworkers and my supervisors always there to help me and very understanding. Recommend this job for starters.

Pros

Help us everywhere when needed for knew employees

Cons

Nothing that I know off

A job that offers benefits sure don't like to supply them

If you want to feel like you are just a number go work for this company! I worked full time for my first 3 months as soon as i was a few days out from receiving my benefits they lowered my hours to part time to avoid giving them to me. Completely disgusting! If you enjoy being treated like your stupid by some person who thinks they are better than everyone, Have at it go work for them! I bet they will pull the same thing!

Pros

Cons

Over work you, low pay for the work you do, change your schedule the day before and don't notify you

Good place but low pay.

The management is good but they need to increase pay with increase in the experience level. Tenured agents get the same amount of pay as freshers which is unfair.

Pros

Good management team

Cons

Low pay.

don't waste your time...even if you're desperate for a job

this place needs A LOT of change. Everyone is unhappy - mostly everyone who starts looks for other work pretty quick. Zero communication, no opportunities, treated like a number, just don't. A job in fast food/retail is same pay/100% less stress.

Fun place to work but equally stressed

Internal positions are fun to work with but positions, where you have to deal with residential customers, are very stressful. Just above minimum wages, Lots of stress due to KPI Metrics, Improper tools for employees to help customers. Little to no growth in wages as the increase is $0.50 if performance is above 90%+. $0.25 between 75% to 9% and no increase if performance is less than 75%. This wage increase happens every 6 Months. Some KPI Metrics are beyond employees' control and therefore totally dependent on customers' mood and their situations.

Pros

Excellent Collogues.

Cons

Long hours, Inconsistent Schedule, Unrealistic KPI Metrics, Poor work-life balance.

Tough work and a business model destined to fail

Pros- Majority of the people who work there are great, friendly, and helpful- Advancement and opportunities are pretty easy to come by. As long as you show up - The tech side is pretty easy when you actually look for the answers instead of asking someone else to find them for youCons- The work is hard, the customers are angry from constant issues and the client doesn't care to fix a lot of them- The client is just trying to milk their outsourcers as much as they can, giving them unachievable targets so they can pay them less. Since its an outsourcer company they can just threaten to find another one if their demands aren't met- While opportunities and advancement are easy to come by when you're just starting, after a while it stops. There is no forward momentum and no structure- New ideas and concepts are not accepted unless it comes from up top. The equipment is outdated and the software is outdated. When new ideas are given from below they are tossed aside if they cost money because the company wont invest on improvement.- You can and will be blamed for things that are completely out of your control due to limitations that should have been fixed long ago but are not given priority since they aren't a problem at that timeOverall the experience you gain from the job can be beneficial and open doors else where. Until some serious changes are made the company will continue to spiral in a constant stream of mass hiring to fill for the people leaving due to not being able to build a career.

Temp work, not a career.

There are long stories I can explore to explain the incompetence of the management team(insulting team members in emails they didn't mean to reply all to), being hung up on by previous members of the SLA team or even just attitude from TL's that isn't really acceptable given certain circumstances. The reality is, if you want somewhere to work for a few weeks or a few months and you enjoy "Team BBQs" - rather than being shown respect this is a perfect fit for you.The job itself is pretty easy. Your scope of support is incredibly limited, and so long as you have some background in tech it's a cakewalk. There are substantial and frequent issues with tools that you need to do your job, and often times you're not trained correctly on new systems or product launches however anyone who has any tech prowess can build up to exceed KPI's pretty quickly despite the poor prep of the company.Overall I would likely recommend any other call centre job, the pay is low with no bonus structure and if you do want to increase your pay VIA advancement you're moving into a management team that you likely wont enjoy working with.

Dit

Go from getting yelled at by customers to being punished by your supervisors because you can’t keep up with the demands of phone calls. With multiple calls coming in during the day of people angry about the service issues that you did not cause. If you can’t keep up don’t apply.

Good Atmosphere and good people

Good Atmosphere and good people, coaches help out as much as they can. Incentives and opportunities to move into a different position, you will meet some really good people, good to network. There is chance to move up the ranks rapidly depending on how much work you put in and your metrics. Location in the mall is close to a lot of amenities

Pros

Great people to meet

Cons

No set schedule, sometimes working odd hours

It’s a nice place to start your career in technical support

Worked here for about 2 years and the only thing I wouldn say I don’t like is the inability to grow and earn more. All though they claim to have opening in house but the requirements are almost impossible to achieve. And also work life balance isn’t so good.

Pros

Bonuses and Voluntary time offs

Cons

Not so social, employees aren’t as social

Terrible place

Working for this company has made me realize that Cogeco scams their customers and I will NEVER use their service in my life😂 I will never recommend it to a friend, I wouldnt even recommend the job to a friend because this company does not care if you’re struggling mentally with the position they keep pushing you and pushing you. The equipment thats given to work for this company is outdated and barely works and they blame you if you miss your shift because of their equipment

Fun workplace

fun, relaxed but sometimes stressful. overall, was a good experience . sharpened many skills fast pace environment like as other call center no life/ work balance sometimes you have to start early like 6 am sometimes at 4 pm

Horrible management

If you like being yelled at, insulted and talked down to by 20 somethings with zero people or management skills, having your schedule changed without any notification, This is the job for you!

Great people, great culture

Efficient management, great work culture, collaborative work ethic and good ground for training. I have learnt a lot within a short period of time. The supervisors and management team are friendly and empathetic.

Hope You Like Bed Bugs and BS

The place sucks. The management sucks. The only thing that doesn’t suck would be your coworkers because they are stuck in the same awful spot you are. Complaining to your coworkers is one of the joys of working at DIT. No one is happy, but you deal with it because at least you are unhappy together and getting underpaid for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DependableIT Group INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement