Dependable IT

Dependable IT Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Fast peaced environment
You will have calls after calls. Too many things to oversee. Supportive staff and colleagues. Ok salary. Very strict about shift timings. ...............
Hope You Like Bed Bugs and BS
The place sucks. The management sucks. The only thing that doesn’t suck would be your coworkers because they are stuck in the same awful spot you are. Complaining to your coworkers is one of the joys of working at DIT. No one is happy, but you deal with it because at least you are unhappy together and getting underpaid for it.
Great as far as call centres go
As far as call centres go this would be the one to go with. Management tries to see you as a human being and be accommodating to your needs, making it a very easy place to work. The people are great and that makes it a very relaxed atmosphere. Customers and the job itself can be hard to deal with but I feel the company does its best to understand that and make it a good place to work in spite of it.
Good people bad pay
-The amount of work required by a premium agent is nothing comparing to the pay he/she gets... other companies pay much higher for similar positions. Once you pay your team better they would love what they do ;)
- Scheduling department is a joke, the automated system they use is really bad and there's always problems with schedules (so many people would have lunch at the same time, vacation or time off requests might take forever to get posted online)

- Some promotions happened just because of friendships, not qualifications claiming they've been there longer which makes no sense in the IT industry
Excellent environment to grow your professional potential
Dependable IT cares strongly about their employees and makes sure we are all taken care of with benefits, overall good mood in the office and updates us on information daily. This was a major upgrade from the job I'd had previously. I'm sure it's no secret that companies like to treat their call center representatives like peasants who only work when put under extreme pressure, but Dependable IT is an ethical, fair and positive company that treats all of their workers fairly. It goes against what we know about call centers as a whole and I'm proud to be a part of the sales and billing team. I would recommend this job highly to anyone who is looking for call center work, and if you'd like to climb the ladder they have plenty of other positions that they hire for internally :)
old ladies will definitely yell at you
talking to people on the phone every day isn't for everyone. troubleshooting internet and phone issues are easy enough, but troubleshooting TV is the absolute worst. talking someone through fixing a TV issue is the equivalent to those trust exercises where one person is spun around and then walks blindfolded through a maze while another gives instructions. A truly rubbish system.
Stressful and poor management
The job itself is an awful job, on a daily basis you will take around 50-60 calls from highly stressed out elderly people who're equipment is broken, they are often belligerent. The management is awful and acts like highschoolers. There have even been multiple cases of drug use in the office and harassment from upper management.
Great Place
I worked at DIT for shy of 2 years. I worked in multiple positions, tech sales and even a coaching position. I personally liked living there. I had decided to try a different job as a oppprtunity just recently. I had left DIT for that job but sadly it didnt work for me. I would love to re work at DIT but they will not rehire me.
cool place
I guess it was a nice place to work, just not for me. Nice environment, good training. Easy to pick up what the job is about. Co-workers help when needed.
Unempathic Management
Management only cares about lining their wallets, and pumping as much work out of people as they can for as little as they can.

I have not seen in a raise in at least a year, and my work load has fluctuated from less to more, requiring me to learn new skills to do my job. I have not been offered compensation for such. They asked for us to provide improvements to our duties, but reject everything we have given them.

The only positive to this company is that the young staff have a sense of community, and sense of trying to make the place happier.
It is a call centre.
It is a standard call centre. See for yourself if you need some cash. Daily call centre activities. Learning to manage stress and people. Variety of personality types.
Uncaring workplace with managers who lie to your face
Instead of writing a large essay about all the issues I had with this place, here's some highlights:

- The TL's started a food drive for a local foodbank and harassed employees to donate since it'd reflect well on them, despite openly advertising and hiring through Ontario Works (people on welfare)

-TL's would tell employees that "we're family here." yet without any irony would tell employees who were scheduled back to back opening/closing shifts "well, legally we're only required to give you 13 hours between shifts even if public transpo takes you 2 hours..."

-If there were rewards for PSUs (selling overpriced internet/phone packages to customers) they were rarely dispensed and quickly dropped in value. One day they'd award $$$ to their favourites, the next day you'd be put in a draw for an "extra 15 minutes (unpaid) break." At one point scheduling messed up so bad they pretended to have a contest for a paid day off to make sure they weren't paying overtime/double time for double booked vacation time/shifts.

-They have a ping pong table in the break room, but you will never use it. You will be scheduled absolutely bizarre and terrible shifts with maybe 15 minute breaks completely isolated from other employees. If you need to use the washroom you're only allowed 5 minutes A DAY or you get pay deducted.

-They have no understanding of disabilities and accommodations. Raise concerns and you'll be told to be quiet or fired before your 3 month probation is up. If you bring them up during the hiring interview they'll magically "forget" what you said.

-TL's and
 - more...
Not great but it could be worse
scheduling is a mess and you will almost never start at the same time you did yesterday unless you are only interested in night shifts.
The actual job itself is easy enough and can be enjoyable if you leave out the fact you have about 9 min to figure out and resolve the issue when a customer calls in even though it can take people the whole 9 min trying to explain what issues they are experiencing in the home, especially when a customer has multiple issues.

you will have 5 min of washroom time a day outside of that you wont be paid for it and if by the end of the month the average is over 5 min you will receive disciplinary action.

the lunchroom is nice and you get a pretty good view of the city.

one of the most enjoyable parts of the job has to be helping the customers, it feels good when the issue can be resolved without customers waiting sometimes over a week for a technician to be sent out.

a typical day at work will be draining and aggravating though as to be expected with most call centre jobs but besides scheduling and management its not too terrible.
Pros
nice lunchroom nice coworkers
Cons
poor management poor procedures poor scheduling
Great Opportunity, Hard Work
I have been working for Dependable IT for 2 years. I started out on the phone as an agent supporting one of their clients by providing technical support and progressed into a management role. When I started I was given 2 full weeks of in class training as well as 1 week of on call training with dedicated support. I believe this is suitable for the job.

There is room for advancement if you show that you are eager to learn by meeting your targets, supporting your peers, and by having a good attitude. This is key to success at Dependable IT, staying positive in a high stress environment can be hard but with the support offered here, it is quite possible and truly helps when you are looking for advancement.

*Disclaimer*

This job is not easy, though it's not hard either. It takes a certain level of customer service and overall confidence. Though if you don't have a high level of confidence, they'll help with that too! On a daily basis we deal with customers who are not happy, it's Tech Support. We also deal with very happy customers that will make the day worth while!
Pros
Competitive wages, great staff, great leadership
Cons
The job can be hard, but it's what it makes out of you that matters.
Bad
I did not enjoy my time at this place they lied about accommodating my schedule I was unable to balance my schedule because of the inconsistency in scheduling
Pros
pingpong table
Cons
time keeping
Loons in charge of the asylum.
Place is feels like a child decided they wanted to run a company that fills a specific niche and just went for it.

Typically you are expected to do a 7.5-8 hour shift with 1-2 breaks (they short you if they schedule you for a 7.5, which is done frequently and deliberately,) where you are taking calls from people to help them the entire time with no down time allowed between calls. For the calls, you are expected to use outdated systems, and systems designed not for tech support but for sales to try and interface with outdated technology (to a minor extent,) combined with hoping the customers are cooperative enough to accurately troubleshoot their issues with you, for support you have very little, there is a line for a 'tier 2' tech support person, but half the time they will just demean you for not knowing what to do, and tell you to do the exact same thing without any thought, sometimes with the added bonus of hearing them crack wise about a coworker of yours when they pick up. When you get an angry customer you have no real respite besides trying to escalate them to a tier 2 agent, and half the time they will just tell you to continue troubleshooting with an unwilling customer, so you are forced into being verbally abused until the customer gets bored.

Besides one manager who knows the job and is able to actually help people grow and improve, the rest of the people are entry level agents who were fast enough for a month that they got bumped up to a supervisory position. Literally half the people who are tech supervisors have either never performed the job of the people
 - more...
Pros
Good starting wage
Cons
Poor workplace, poor management, poor support, poorly explained job, poor expectations.
Not great but not terrible
Long hours, very very high volume inbound, decent training, they don't actually offer much for advancement, minimum wage but decent health benefits, minimal vacation, hard to book time off due to how many employees, high standard for all areas of tracked KPI (CuSat, Resolution, Time per Type of Issue and more) and pressure to exceed them. I had an amazing supervisor but that wasn't necessarily the norm.
I actually had a great relationship with the CEO, she made a great effort to connect with everyone she employed; even us as low-level agents. Very really refreshing and much appreciated. They also do a fair amount of staff fun things, like catered lunch, really nice baked snacks and coffee, as well as some KPI related competitions. Again, not great but absolutely not terrible for starting out. I would recommend based on my experience.
Pros
Decent benefits, not a bad starting job to gain some experience, decent paid training
Cons
difficult KPI stats, pressure, extremely high volume for most campaigns
Terrible scheduling but the job itself isn’t difficult.
The training program is involved and in depth so you are prepared when it comes time to start taking calls on the floor. The people in general are friendly but not exactly talkative, though that may just be because of the type of work everyone is doing.

The scheduling is an absolute nightmare, could not be worse. You will very rarely get two days off in a row and the schedule will swing anywhere from 6 am start time to a 6 pm start time. (unless you are willing to work nightshift)

There is a ping pong table in the break room and some TV’s and an arcade machine. I guess that’s pretty cool. Very strict and stringent breaks though that are monitored by having to log out for break and log back in. Any time you use the washroom you must clock out as well.
Pros
Job is fairly easy.
Cons
Terrible schedule.
Worst job i have ever had
Honestly, this was the worst 4 years of my life working for this company, i only stayed there for my co-workers. The supervisors treat you horribly, the support is useless, because even the supervisors don't know what they are talking about. Also the management is horrible aswell! i Devoted 4 years of my life to this place and all they did was treat me like garbage, I finally had enough and quite . Please if you value your sanity, PLEASE DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Pros
Best Co workers!
Cons
Everything!
Lots of great people with a table tennis board inside
I did not like the shifts and the money was just not enough which is why I left. Other negatives would include mandatory time off on occasion. But the people are great and the work place is a lot of fun compared to other call centers
Pros
Breakfast and table tennis
Cons
Pay is low and shifts often run till midnight
Not great.
Training: had two weeks of training initially and that was for home phone and internet. Eventually got upsacled to include TiVo and cable for which I got one day of training each. Their reason was both additional skill sets were easy. I don’t think so.
Supervisors: cocky. Have unrealistic expectations however they are willing to work with you if you communicate.

Pay; decent pay. 16/hr was what I left with.

Scheduling: again decent if you have completely open availability.

Notes: when I started you could eat at your desk now it’s drinks only. You will gain weight if you’re not careful. Ping pong table is annoying. Vending machines sometimes steal your money.

Overall I worked there for a year. By the end I was miserable however it wasn’t terrible. It can suck if you have difficulty with waking up early. If you truly enjoy talking to strangers it isn’t so bad. It takes 3 months the for benefits
Pros
Facedrive reimbursement.
Cons
Rude customers. Unrealistic call times.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dependable IT. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8