Dependable IT Employee Reviews

Easy
Cogeco Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2018
DependableIT is great. The job is easy, but the customer's can get to you if you let them. So just sit back relax, sip your coffee, and troubleshoot some problems.
Pros
Easy if you're good at tech support.
Cons
Hard if you're bad at tech support.
challenging yet fun work environment
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2018
I have been working at Dependable IT for almost 1 year. I started out as a Technical Support Agent. During a typical work day, you take calls assisting people with their technical issues. It is a fun and challenging job. you get to talk to and help a lot of really nice people, which can leave you with a really great feeling. You do get some upset customers but I find it is easy to turn them around, if your emphatic and want to help them. You can end those calls on a positive note. Management is great! They're always approachable and available to help when needed. And you meet a lot of awesome co-workers.

if you like a challenging environment, where you're always learning and trying new things, like to work with an awesome group of people. then this is a good company for you.

plus ping pong tournaments, and special events!
Pros
awesome coworkers, great managment, fun events and culture
Not great
Tier 1 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 August 2018
Did not feel supported by management, customers very rude and nothing was ever done about it. Not for the faint of heart. Would not recommend to others.
Had an interview
Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2018
I had an interview and they said I will get a call, then I had to email and call 2 days after I recied an email saying we xan not accept you, I have frineds working there ,Im probably better than most of your workers, dont apply, plenty of places to go guys.
Pros
Cons
They dont contact
Good Place to Work
Part-Time TPIA/Resellers Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 July 2018
I have been working at DependableIT full-time as a Tier-1 Technical Support Representative and a part-time TPIA/Resellers Specialist for more than 3 years
Pros
Competitive Paycheck, Tailored Job Training, Amazing Support Team, Good Medical Benefits
Cons
Metrics can initially difficult to achieve, Rotational Shifts can sometimes be grueling, Provided software has been unreliable.
More work load, less pay
Premium Care agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2018
As a Premium Care Agent we had to manage multiple campaigns which includes both inbound calls and chats at the same time. So as compared to the amount of work load we had, the pay was not up to the mark.
Fun workplace with a ping pong table
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2018
Enjoyed working at DependableIT. It is a fun workplace with nice cafeteria including ping pong table. Overall workplace culture is nice and supervisors are helpful.
Team-oriented workplace with regular incentives like cofffee, donuts and prizes to encourage a happy evironment
Inbound Telecommunications Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2017
A typical day is a 7.5-8.5 hour shift. The main and largest campaign at DIT is providing over the phone technical support for a Canadian internet service provider. You receive the calls automatically and cover issues connecting to the internet, cable issues and phone issues. You are tracked on your performance based on resolution and customer service on the call as well as keeping your call times below a certain target. You can receive incentives for meeting all of your targets. Management is wonderful. Not a complaint about a single person. Everyone in the workplace is friendly, easy going and always helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers, especially ones who need to call regularly. There is an arcade machine and ping pong table. Couch and TV in the lunchroom, as well as vending machines. The team leads are always trying new things to keep the staff engaged and happy, including trivia days with prizes, snacks, coffee, and donuts. etc. An overall decent place to work, once you get the hang of the programs. You need to have soft skills and customer service skills to be successful and be able to balance that with keeping your call times low.
Amazing place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2017
I worked here for five years , I learned alot and I found it a great company . I would refer anyone to work here , happy management and supervisors. They will push you , but only if they know you can do it
Pros
A great place to go into work everyday
Cons
Wage
Great place and help but
IT tier 1 technical support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 August 2017
It's a nice place to work but the amount of calls you take will drive you nuts. You can't resolve every call but they expect you to be abe to resolve them. Bonus pay is available but very hard to achieve. I was off by 3 sec avg lost the bonus at the end of the month.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Crazy people, low income, no vacation time
Stressful, unfulfilling , only for starting out and then only for a year at most
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2017
Environment was stressful with management requiring more and more of employees, scheduling not allow for fair scheduling and favoritism being prevalent throughout the entire company.
Pros
Cons
Random hours, Abusive customers and managment, low pay
Call Centre, but not a bad one.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
I Have been working here for over a year and it is a good place to work. The management is very friendly and its pretty laid back for the most part. The horrible part of the job is the customers. If you can handle angry people all the time then you will be ok.
lunchroom was great
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 June 2017
This company is a bottom line type of place to work. The needs of the employees are overlooked on a regular basis and we were expected to work in an office full of bed bugs with no complaints!!! I walked out of there and will never look back.
Pros
Cons
you are a number there
Badly organized, Poorly run
Technical Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 May 2017
Not a very good job. Not a very good company. A place to work while you find something worthwhile. No opportunity and no future. Long hours for average pay and average benefits.
Pros
some decent people
Cons
office culture
I do not feel comfortable doing this review
Remote Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2017
I really do not feel comfortable filling out reviews on pas employers. However, you do not have an opt out for this. It was a paycheck. Not much more to say.
Nice surroundings and work areas
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 January 2017
The company needs to stand up more for it's employees. For example, their biggest client is a communications company. The company in question does not have a call handle time. However, DependableIT measures it's own employees for a call handle time of 8:30 which was implemented by the larger company. Not fair at all really.
Pros
Ability to work from home with desirable shift preferences
Cons
Bonuses are hard to get. Need a doctor's note for every sick day taken.
If only it weren't a call centre
Business Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 January 2017
Great coworkers, but in typical call center fashion no one stays! There really isn't anything more to say....................................
Pros
lunch room, nice environment
Cons
call center
Don't waste your time
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 January 2017
Its really one of the worst places on the face of the earth to work at, they make you work long hours, schedule you anyday they want, pile on responsibilities that were not included in the initial job description...
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Demanding job and inflexible management
Help desk technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 November 2016
While middle management is supportive of helping their employees grow and become stronger team members at the center I found that the extreme pressure that they place on their employees to meet statistics became negative and draining as opposed to strong goals for their employees to reach for. unstable scheduling and inability to work around any sort of hours of availability for their employees meant that meeting any sort of commitments from outside of work was nearly impossible.
Pros
helpful supervisors
Cons
unstable hours
Fun work place
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 September 2016
I have worked at DIT for 2 and a half years now, i love the people i work with, the people who work here are amazing.
The management on the other hand needs abit of work, i am not the only one who thinks so. Alot of us use to be happy coming to work because the company cared about its employees now on the other hand, alot of us do not think they care anymore.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
They need to be aware of how unhappy alot of people are

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dependable IT. Our community is ready to answer.