Dependable IT Employee Reviews

Fun work place, average job, bad management
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2019
Typical day at work is receiving calls from customers and assist them with their technical needs, pretty basic in the most part if you know what you doing which most of the people in this place DON'T so you will notice something so simple may end up a terrible task. Learned some skills in this job some technical skills and some soft skills, management is the worst in this place so other than your direct floor supervisor the rest of the management is horrible starting from your line 2 support which they have absolutely no idea what they doing other than trying to get you off the phone if you ask for any help ( except maybe 1 or 2 I found really trying to help ) but in general if you try to reach out for help from your level 2 support good luck it won't happen, other area of management is as worse like HR or Scheduling if you try to ask a question or send them an email you definitely will get ignored as long as you're not one of their favourites they won't talk to you and you will notice some messed up things happening with your schedule or pay or vacation you name it, you will have to reach out to your supervisor to try to fix it because if you dare ask them about it you will be in their bad side and you will notice things will be getting worse ( within company rules and polices).
Pay is good for this type of position compare to other companies and you get increase based on your performance which is a good thing, have a good benefits package that start after 6 months of getting hired.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with angry rude customers and some of the time you
  more... can't even give an answer because you have none ( back to your 0 support you're getting ), also bad management makes things harder to deal with.
Best part of this job is the fun work place, fun co-workers, great floor supervisors who are friendly and really trying to help the best they can.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, fun work place
Cons
Bad Management
This is why suicides happen
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 March 2019
This whole place just reeks of depression and human suffering. What a pity it is to be a human being. Just sharing in the suffering of other people just sitting all day and all the back pain and fatigue that they have to endure. So sad that this is life for so many people, i truly feel sorry for human beings. Life could've been so great, so happy, but many people are miserable. It's cause we have to slave away for money, it's cause of money, everyone has to work for money. If we didn't need money we wouldn't have to break our backs everyday and be tortured. But in order to live we need to break our backs and be tortured. That is why people commit suicide.

This job shows you what the real world is all about, oh you thought it was all rainbows and peaches? No, the real world is disgusting torture. The real world is misery amplified a thousand times. The sooner you understand this, the sooner you can make a plan to reduce your suffering. Many people are hit with the reality of life and don't know how to adjust, you must always adjust and find the best solution, the best plan to reduce suffering.
Pros
You get to be humbled and embrace the suffering of other human beings, you learn to be human is to suffer
Cons
Management does not listen to you, screaming and angry customers, scheduling is horrible
Steady work, inconsistent hours, mad customers
Tri-Trained Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 February 2019
As someone with extensive call centre experience, I'd say DIT is mostly typical. I learned a great deal about customer relations and troubleshooting TV, internet and phone issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be seeming to a customer like a wizard because you know the exact solution to what, to them, is an inscrutable problem. The worst part of the job is dealing with irrational and/or uncooperative customers. Ultimately it was this last part that caused me to leave the company. The employers realized their staff were extremely unhappy and were trying to take steps to fix it, but by the time they had reached that point I had already resolved to leave.

I found advancement within the company difficult, and when I finally got a new position, was dismissed from it without any real explanation before my training period was concluded.
Pros
always hiring, convenient location
Cons
irregular schedule, dealing with irate customers
Great work place great culture
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 January 2019
People are there to help you when you need it. The job is easy. The managers are great. The co-workers are amazing. One of the best places I've worked at.
Work with family
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2019
Need to make employees feel more appreciated. Over all it is a big happy family.

Only thing I would say, is giving people who have no idea what they are doing management roles is nuts. You have people who are dedicated and hard working. Yet people who cry, scream and yell are promoted
Pros
The people and management staff
Cons
You will get over looked
It's the easiest call center, but stlil a call center
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 December 2018
Not very pleasant. The management and trainers were friendly a lot of the time. However, it is still a call center and I hate call centers.

Customers were frequently getting upset off. Because of the terrible customer service was given by the company that Dependable IT is contracting for.

They also had unrealistic call resolution times.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Rude customers
People are great, but not Management
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 October 2018
The people at DIT are the only thing that's worth working there. The job itself is mentally taxing, and the pay barely covers expenses.

The management team has made poor choices in promotions in the past year and let go hard working, genuine individuals in return. The recent promotions have led way to young irresponsible managers that do not follow the rules, take extended breaks and mistreat those they mange for asking questions. Dependable IT does not value their employees' well being and will fire you if you have to take an extended absence, or outright tell you to quit of you need to take an extended leave, knowing full well that they have a strict no rehire policy.
Pros
No heavy lifting, coworkers
Easy
Cogeco Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 September 2018
DependableIT is great. The job is easy, but the customer's can get to you if you let them. So just sit back relax, sip your coffee, and troubleshoot some problems.
Pros
Easy if you're good at tech support.
Cons
Hard if you're bad at tech support.
challenging yet fun work environment
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 September 2018
I have been working at Dependable IT for almost 1 year. I started out as a Technical Support Agent. During a typical work day, you take calls assisting people with their technical issues. It is a fun and challenging job. you get to talk to and help a lot of really nice people, which can leave you with a really great feeling. You do get some upset customers but I find it is easy to turn them around, if your emphatic and want to help them. You can end those calls on a positive note. Management is great! They're always approachable and available to help when needed. And you meet a lot of awesome co-workers.

if you like a challenging environment, where you're always learning and trying new things, like to work with an awesome group of people. then this is a good company for you.

plus ping pong tournaments, and special events!
Pros
awesome coworkers, great managment, fun events and culture
Not great
Tier 1 Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON31 August 2018
Did not feel supported by management, customers very rude and nothing was ever done about it. Not for the faint of heart. Would not recommend to others.

Want to know more about Dependable IT?

Ask a question
Had an interview
Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 August 2018
I had an interview and they said I will get a call, then I had to email and call 2 days after I recied an email saying we xan not accept you, I have frineds working there ,Im probably better than most of your workers, dont apply, plenty of places to go guys.
Pros
Cons
They dont contact
Good Place to Work
Part-Time TPIA/Resellers Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 July 2018
I have been working at DependableIT full-time as a Tier-1 Technical Support Representative and a part-time TPIA/Resellers Specialist for more than 3 years
Pros
Competitive Paycheck, Tailored Job Training, Amazing Support Team, Good Medical Benefits
Cons
Metrics can initially difficult to achieve, Rotational Shifts can sometimes be grueling, Provided software has been unreliable.
More work load, less pay
Premium Care agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2018
As a Premium Care Agent we had to manage multiple campaigns which includes both inbound calls and chats at the same time. So as compared to the amount of work load we had, the pay was not up to the mark.
Fun workplace with a ping pong table
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 March 2018
Enjoyed working at DependableIT. It is a fun workplace with nice cafeteria including ping pong table. Overall workplace culture is nice and supervisors are helpful.
Team-oriented workplace with regular incentives like cofffee, donuts and prizes to encourage a happy evironment
Inbound Telecommunications Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 December 2017
A typical day is a 7.5-8.5 hour shift. The main and largest campaign at DIT is providing over the phone technical support for a Canadian internet service provider. You receive the calls automatically and cover issues connecting to the internet, cable issues and phone issues. You are tracked on your performance based on resolution and customer service on the call as well as keeping your call times below a certain target. You can receive incentives for meeting all of your targets. Management is wonderful. Not a complaint about a single person. Everyone in the workplace is friendly, easy going and always helpful and encouraging. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers, especially ones who need to call regularly. There is an arcade machine and ping pong table. Couch and TV in the lunchroom, as well as vending machines. The team leads are always trying new things to keep the staff engaged and happy, including trivia days with prizes, snacks, coffee, and donuts. etc. An overall decent place to work, once you get the hang of the programs. You need to have soft skills and customer service skills to be successful and be able to balance that with keeping your call times low.
Amazing place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2017
I worked here for five years , I learned alot and I found it a great company . I would refer anyone to work here , happy management and supervisors. They will push you , but only if they know you can do it
Pros
A great place to go into work everyday
Cons
Wage
Great place and help but
IT tier 1 technical support (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 August 2017
It's a nice place to work but the amount of calls you take will drive you nuts. You can't resolve every call but they expect you to be abe to resolve them. Bonus pay is available but very hard to achieve. I was off by 3 sec avg lost the bonus at the end of the month.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Crazy people, low income, no vacation time
Stressful, unfulfilling , only for starting out and then only for a year at most
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 July 2017
Environment was stressful with management requiring more and more of employees, scheduling not allow for fair scheduling and favoritism being prevalent throughout the entire company.
Pros
Cons
Random hours, Abusive customers and managment, low pay
Call Centre, but not a bad one.
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2017
I Have been working here for over a year and it is a good place to work. The management is very friendly and its pretty laid back for the most part. The horrible part of the job is the customers. If you can handle angry people all the time then you will be ok.
lunchroom was great
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 June 2017
This company is a bottom line type of place to work. The needs of the employees are overlooked on a regular basis and we were expected to work in an office full of bed bugs with no complaints!!! I walked out of there and will never look back.
Pros
Cons
you are a number there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dependable IT. Our community is ready to answer.