DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Review

View all DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT reviews

Wellbeing Program provides work life balance options
OHS Consultant, WorkCover and Return to Work (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC18 January 2014
A standard day involves notifications via the occupational health and safety management system and email volume that averages approx. 100-150 all on OHS, WorkCover and Return to Work matters. On average 3 to 5 projects may be operating and I would be involved in OHS project management.
Consultation is an ongoing part of OHS, I spent time over the phone with regional offices, at times l may be on site to support process in place and monitor any residual risks.
Communicate daily with business unit managers to improve process and implement resolution based outcomes.
Attend daily meetings and address case management issues.
Management have learned to approach OHS matters analytically and undertake appropriate risk management process, their state of knowledge will support minimising any potential conflicts.
There are difficulties in the job in trying to align time with all stakeholders, this can take time and planning.
The most enjoyable part of my job involves people understanding the benefit of OHS intervention, what can be gained and sustained in the long term. The knowledge and independence gained in implementing systems that consider all health and safety risks and implement appropriate process as part of responsible management.
Pros
Thanks for a job well done !
Cons
Persistance in scheduling arrangeements

Other DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT Employee Reviews

Productive and made me to grow.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape11 June 2017
Having to decide whether a driver was wrong about the accident and responsible to pay or would be exonerated from blame was exciting. The job taught me responsibility and having to take care of a company car since if one commits an accident one has to pay. The work itself was monotonous and not so challenging.
Pros
Manangable hours of work.
Cons
Having to do the same thing again and again.
One of my first job
Pay Clerk, Pay and Benefits (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2012
I was a pay and benefits clerk in Personnel and enjoyed it very much.