Department Of Health Employee Review

View all Department Of Health reviews

great sense of team work, stressful work environment
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland4 February 2014
my role was a busy one with a high level of tasks to be achieved. There was a difficult balance to be struck between available resources and the needs of the client. this added to the work pressure. the service was going through a lot of structural changes which were difficult to adjust to in an already stressed work environment.
i had the pleasure of working directly with children and families which was a positive part of the job for me. i conducted in dept assessments with families and supported parents to better meet the needs of their children in a safe way. i liaised with a number of services involved with the child/family and build positive long term working relationships with the clients and professionals alike.
i also had the benefit of working within a team which was a positive to the job also. being able to support and get support from a colleague is a great help in the working environment. i feel i am an excellent team player, a good support to my colleagues and have supervised two students in my position to date.
my work day could be very varied from office work to direct engagement with the clients or other professionals. i would have engaged in on going assessments, written reports on families for court, case conferences etc, attended meetings, met with the clients, supervised accesses between children and parents, met with foster carers and residential centers.
i worked under the supervision of my team leader who was my direct line manager. i also would have had contact with the Principal Social Worker and Alternative Care Manager in the management of cases
  more... i worked.
on my team there were five other social worker of varying levels of experience. i had the second highest level of experience on the team and found the my colleagues would have come to me for advice and direction on their cases when the team leader was unavailable. there was a great spirit of team work and support on the team which was punctuated by staff safety. all persons on the team knew each others cases and provided support and co-working when needed both for moral support and if there was any threat to the worker from the client.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the direct work with the clients and building a positive relationship with the clients. i work with some of the clients for long periods of time and was able to see through positive changes with the families. at times the changes i envisaged for the clients or needed to occur for the safety of the children did not occur which led to difficult decisions being made. this was a down side to the job however was necessary where concerns of safety existed.
Pros
working with children and families to work towards positive change
Cons
long hours and a stressful work environment

Other Department Of Health Employee Reviews

Excellent working environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region5 March 2018
The Directors, Doctors and Nurses respects one another. The will appreaciate you in your own way of doing things even in the simplest form of it. They will encourage you and recommend you foe a job well done. Your collegues will listen and trust you in your own way of doing things.
touching ones lives as a field nurse
Community Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Fernando, La Union13 July 2017
I decided to have a home visit to my sick child client to their house. I checked on how do the parents of my client follows my instructions in taking the medications of the child in order for him to get well. After a half of an hour discussions, the parents were glad that I visited them on their home just to see and check to their sick child. They gave me a free snack as a form of gratitude for me.
Pros
Free snacks and lunch
Cons
1 - 2 hours