Department Of Health

Department Of Health Employee Reviews with Jobs

Canada13 reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,772 reviews

A good place to learn new things.

I learned a lot from the institution and my workmates. Despite the minimal manpower, I gained a lot of knowledge, especially in giving rapport to the patient.

Pros

Good workmates

Cons

Understaff

Productive and fun workplace

I learned how to balance my job and my personal life. I also learned to be more passionate about everything that I do. The hardest part of the job is when we are distributing a lot of computer sets in different hospitals here in the Philippines. But it's enjoyable because we used to talk a lot to other people and to value each one of us in our work.

Pros

Seminars and Trainings, local or international

Cons

Lot of paper works

Insights into Department Of Health

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Excellent working environment

The Directors, Doctors and Nurses respects one another. The will appreaciate you in your own way of doing things even in the simplest form of it. They will encourage you and recommend you foe a job well done. Your collegues will listen and trust you in your own way of doing things.

touching ones lives as a field nurse

I decided to have a home visit to my sick child client to their house. I checked on how do the parents of my client follows my instructions in taking the medications of the child in order for him to get well. After a half of an hour discussions, the parents were glad that I visited them on their home just to see and check to their sick child. They gave me a free snack as a form of gratitude for me.

Pros

Free snacks and lunch

Cons

1 - 2 hours

Good salary and great people to work with

I am able to practice my nursing knowledge and skills. My co-workers have good sense of responsibility and kind. I am able to learn different kinds of practice by directly interacting with the patients or clients.

Doh

DOH was not a very good place for a person like me as people are not ready for change. It was hard to implement any new process as people are used to do doing things old ways.

Productive and very fulfilling job.

Being a nurse requires passion and dedication for you to be able to convince patients, let them feel that you just want to help them in your own little way. The hardest part of the job was your patience is being tested all the time.There were patients who were hard-headed and it's very hard to convince them. But, at the end of the day, it's a great feeling that somehow you have helped someone.

Productive and fun because you are reaching out with the Community.

We are working 8hours per day. As a Nurse under the DOH, I learned to be sensitive and effective Community Health Nurse. I do not have problems with my co-workers because we are dealing each other professionaly. The hardest part of the job is when we are assigned to go to remote areas or mountainous areas and we do not have service car and we have a difficulty in transportation. The most enjoyable in my job is when we reached the peak of the mountain just reaching out with the disadvantage people. We felt the satisfaction on it.

A Productive and alive workplace

Well, a typical day for me during at work is a quite busy because a lot patients I've encountered each day and I've learned their different personality as well. In terms of management, i think i did my best to give health care services to the clients. To my co-workers, i must say they were great in a sense that they were absolutely good when it comes to their work performances, they really gave their effort just to render services to the clients and i really love their company as well...I think the hardest part of my job is when there's a rain every time i will go to my assigned area "far flung areas"..

productive and fun with joyful officemates

i usually start my office day at 7:30 am and and it all started with the a scan on my memo for the "to do's" for the day it may be planning and designing or if not i will on travel for monitoring of on going projects. on certain day of the month i'll be doing some reports on the travels made, it may be a project accomplishment, validate structures reported for some defects or damage. form this office i have learned to manage my time in office and on site projects.

Pros

free foods

Cons

distant main office

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Department Of Health?

My typical day at work

On a typical day we receive about 50 to 80 calls for transferring, mutiple couriers and Canada Post mail.Translation requests are frequent as well.My manager is a doll, he understands me very well. My co-workers are great! The hardest part of my job is remembering all of the 300 - 400 employee names in the building but i'm getting better everyday (only started this job in January of 2013). The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the public and helping them find what they request or direct them to the correct information or person.

Pros

free parking

Cons

salary is not enough to subsides myself.

Informative and a learning environment to work in

A typical day at the department of Chief Financial Operation Branch at Health Canada included an analysis of the procurement activities performed within the branch. Most of such analysis were done through Microsoft Excel. However, the data was collected from the program SAP.The most enjoyable part of such position was the learning material that was provided from the managers and supervisors.

Pros

experience and informative

excellent

My work day consisted of assessing clients who have lost their drivers licenses due to drinking/ drugging driving or refusal of the breathalizer.I would have to also put them through a two day educational program as well as referring some for further treatment if a problem with alcohol or drugs excisted.I have learned that the majority of people i saw were fantastic people who just made a mistake and took responsibility for that mistake.Management have always treated me with the utmost respect and that respect was returned.The same goes for 99% of my co-workers.The hardest part of my job was making decisions that affected someones life for example : when someone shouldn`t (in my opinion)get their license back because of alcohol,drugs, dementia or other illnesses without the proper help.My role was to report these things to Motor Vehicles.The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and listening to these same clients.People are just people and although we all are different i found we are all much the same.

Pros

working with people

Cons

trying to send people for the right kind of treatment if needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Department Of Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement