dentalcorp logo
dentalcorp

dentalcorp Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with constant monitoring

It was just an alright job. The worst thing is management. Very ineffective and leads to very low morale. We had three managers all of whom we quite useless, sadly. You are constantly being watched on cameras by management. The admin staff is very toxic with constant back biting. Hygiene, dentists, and assistants are the true backbone and the nicest. Very hard working.

Pros

$500 dental work

Cons

Long unpaid lunch, management, toxic environment.

An incredibly deceptive company

The lack of strategy, consistency and execution creates an environment of distrust and confusion. The sales strategy which consists of getting new acquisition at any cost, creating impossible challenges for their operation and support service teams downstream. The C suite team is a band of particularly inept leaders with very little corporate functional experience who have primarily grown up at dentalcorp and know/care little about true best practice. In fact this team cares more about their periphery looks than what's truly good for their employees and partners. While you may get paid top $, your likely tenure will be less than a year. You will be asked to work 24/7, belittled by the C suite and CEO should you happen to not be on their good side. Do ask what their average turnover is at their corporate office. The best advice is to Stay Away. This is not a company you can make a difference in.

Pros

Used to be the glitzy parties

Cons

Values, Culture, Strategy, the list is endless

Medicine Hat Office Avoid

When you first start with River Dental they make you feel like you are at home and show you how amazing their stance is on work and life balance. In all reality they are not, I was told that my job was more important than my son who was ill - when I am a single mom and had to take a few days off. Job Security is a joke; the office manager will flat out tell everyone at each meeting that "Everyone is replaceable, don't think we need you ever". She always has a favorite staff member in each department and if you are not them, watch out. I have never felt so degraded while working for a company. If you can avoid working for River Dental, I would. You will not benefit at all, only your mental state will take a toll - which is I am assuming why they pay so high.

Amazing work culture and environment!

I have been working at dentalcorp for almost a year now and I only have positive things to say about this company. If you are looking to work for a growing company, innovate and bring your ideas to the table this is the place to be!

Pros

Excellent leadership, collaborative environment, learning opportunities

Management in a FLux

Fired executives in Talent Acquisitions. Expectations for hiring at the Dental practice level are unrealistic.Throw you under the bus mentalityEveryone for themselves.Dysfunctional teams and environment

Pros

Great way to get experience at the junior level.

Cons

Communication is awful

Great place to work!

dentalcorp is an exciting and fast-paced place to work! Young culture, supportive management team, very competitive compensation and great benefits. Despite the challenges COVID put on the business, I always felt informed and supported through the uncertainty. Not many organizations were able to support employees the way dentalcorp was, and I genuinely feel the business has come out the other side stronger as a result. The weekly UberEats credits were a nice perk too!

Pros

Supportive management team, young culture, modern office in a convenient location

Mentorship

I joined dentalcorp a year ago as a new Associate out of school. During my interview process I mentioned the desire to find a great practice with the opportunity for mentorship so that I could continue to learn through hands on experience after graduating. They found a great fit for me and I look forward to many more years of expanding my skill set through mentorship & dentalcorp’s continued education program

Pros

Growth

Would work for dental corp again given the oportunity!

I was a dental assistant for dental corp of Canada. They are an amazing corporation and I would recommend them to anyone who asks! They aren't your "typical" corporation as they allow all practices to run independently but offer support when needed! I have moved therefore regrettably quitting my job. If they ever opened an office in the states I would definitely apply. The office i worked for (Orijin integrated dentistry) is great. They are fast paced, family orientated and are all about the "mind, body, spirit thing"! They really invest in their staff and you do feel looked out for.

Pros

uniform allowance, insurance, high pay, lunch at staff meetings, free supplements

Cons

Can sometimes be very busy

A great environment in which to work

I like that the focus is not only on providing best patient care, but on ensuring the staff are engaged with day to day decisions in providing the best care.

Great experience

I’ve been working at a dentalcorp practice for 3 years. Good benefits, flexibility and options to work at a few different practices if you’re looking for extra work.

Jobs at dentalcorp

See more jobs

Growing company!

This is a great place to work - lots of room for growth. The office is clean, modern and spacious. The culture is fun and it is a fast-paced environment so you're never bored at work.

Remote Work

Work remotely is a convenience in itself. Alot of practices means alot of jobs and opportunity to work on various types of projects. Nothing is too complicated. Great detailed briefs and response time.

Exciting, professional, team-oriented company positioned for great success

I was brought on board in a newly created role and I am loving it. Freedom to create and innovate, tempered with a knowledgeable, helpful team to back you up and provide guidance. Fun, youthful atmosphere with really bright minds who have a genuine commitment to integrity. Great benefits package and opportunities for development and advancement.

Awful if you are clinic staff

No support from higher up. They try to tell you that there is support but there isn't any from HR. There are no benefits even though they continue to say that they will look into it. Tons of empty promises. They are always checking your hours minute by minute. Not a fun atmosphere. Would not RECOMMEND this corporation to anyone! Better to work in a small private clinic.

Blind leading the blind.

Awful. Don't waste your time! Completely clueless and corporate management leaves local employees on the dark about a lot of things. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, causing long time loyal employees to seek employment elsewhere

Pros

I left

Cons

I stayed far too long

Dentist

DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU ARE A DDS. Offices are not managed properly by managers and corporate staff. Personal interests are more important to them then patient care. Dentists proffesional opinions are being questioned by staff members who clearly don’t have a duty to RCDSO. Beware of dental Corp.

Proceed with caution

No support from head office. They tell you the things you want to hear over the phone with no follow up or resolution. Head office turns a blind eye to the truth as long as there’s still money coming into the cooperation. No one is held accountable. Proceed with caution when applying for a job. They blind you with all their perks and then reality sets in a few months into your job.

Pros

Random free Tim Hortons gift cards

Cons

Poor management/director of operations

No one has an idea what's going on

Careless company culture and behaviors. Poor collaboration No respect for others during work. Everyone seems to be okay on the face. But that's not the real case.

Very Good environment

It is a good environment to work in. The people are very nice especially the Manager. Everyday, we get to meet new people in the Campus and we get to have a lot of Clients staying and came back because of our great Service and we provided good professional relationship with them.

Buildling an Enduring Company that is the Leader in Dentistry in Canada focusing on Care, Innovation, Excllence, and Growth

Working with dentalcorp has been the best career move in my life ... and I've worked with some great companies! My work days are quite varied. Some days I work on strategies for growth, while others I'm out connecting with the teams in the field. I've also worked quite a bit on transitions ... whether it's Dentists retiring, implementing new programs for Patient Care, or introducing new roles in the Practices, such as Practice Managers and Team Leaders. I've learned a lot about the Dental Sector and how we can amplify the Patient Care Agenda. My financial acumen has increased due to my exposure to higher level executives, and direct contact with the CEO, COO, CFO, the Business Development Team. It's an exciting job! I truly believe that you can establish yourself as a Leader and build a great Career.

Pros

Amazing opportunities to share ideas, make a difference, and drive the Patient Care Agenda

Cons

Growing company means that we work hard to ensure we dot our i'l and cross our t's.

Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration & Excellence

Dentalcorp is a dynamic, exciting place to work with a strong Collaborative Culture that you experience daily in the Actions being taken and Decisions being made throughout the company. It is a pleasure to be part of a company that provides an environment that supports personal and professional growth, while at the same time encourages feedback. This enables us to continually raise the bar on how we operate and in turn, elevate the level of support we are able to provide to our Practice Network.

Pros

Leadership with Integrity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dentalcorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement