dentalcorp

Working at dentalcorp: 33 dentalcorp Reviews

Canada33 reviews

Fast paced environment with constant monitoring

It was just an alright job. The worst thing is management. Very ineffective and leads to very low morale. We had three managers all of whom we quite useless, sadly. You are constantly being watched on cameras by management. The admin staff is very toxic with constant back biting. Hygiene, dentists, and assistants are the true backbone and the nicest. Very hard working.

Pros

$500 dental work

Cons

Long unpaid lunch, management, toxic environment.

Modern dental offices with terrible culture

Culture is terrible. Their clinics have exceptionally high turnover with staff frequently leaving around the 3-6 month mark. Culture is very corporate and management has no idea what they are doing. You can really tell that the owner has left as no one cares in any of these clinics

Pros

Paid on time, new modern facilities

Cons

Poor culture, terribly binding contracts

Insights into dentalcorp

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for, CE supporrted

Every office bought by dentalcorp is keeping its own unique environment. I came to the office with long established team but new management. I was welcomed got help to get to know everything in the office

Aucune gestion

Favoritisme constant pour les horaires, le salaire ainsi que les tâches à faire. Gestionnaire absent qui ne se soucie pas de ses employés, les dentistes refusent de respecter les procédures en place donc les employés doivent travailler en double. Les contrats de travail ne sont pas respectés. À éviter, il y a beaucoup mieux comme compagnie dans le domaine dentaire.

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Aucune assurance, salaire en dessous de la moyenne, favoritisme et non-respect des normes du travail.

The deception and lack of professionalism, forced me to leave the company.

(Former Employee) DDS in the Greater Toronto Area - 12-11- 2021I became uncomfortable in the stressful, deceptive environment, which created an environment of distrust, originating from the corporate leaders.Employees were therefore often overworked, confused and unable to follow through with effective quality care.There is a sales strategy which consists of getting new acquisition at any cost. Most disappointing is the unqualified group from C suite , little actual education in understanding corporate functional leadership and knowing little about 'best practice' for their patients.Initially, Dentalcorp will offer a hefty salary, however, you will not remain for long because you will burn-out due to the stressors put upon you by the inept leaders of this company.My advice is to Stay Away. This is not a company that values employees and are basically driven by money.

Pros

It was not a difficult interview and I was hired very quickly.

Cons

-Incredibly long work days in an understaffed environment, poor leadership, often unqualified hires, a lot of disappointment, bordering on verbal abuse at times-patients had not been informed of the change of ownership, no interest from leadership to do repairs, toxic work environment caused mostly from 'leadership' at the corporate level.

Professional and Supportive Team

This is my first experience working with a corporate team. I have had nothing but a positive experience, and ample support. I would highly recommend working for dental corp!

Pros

Support, continuing education, growth, professional environment, patient focused

An incredibly deceptive company

The lack of strategy, consistency and execution creates an environment of distrust and confusion. The sales strategy which consists of getting new acquisition at any cost, creating impossible challenges for their operation and support service teams downstream. The C suite team is a band of particularly inept leaders with very little corporate functional experience who have primarily grown up at dentalcorp and know/care little about true best practice. In fact this team cares more about their periphery looks than what's truly good for their employees and partners. While you may get paid top $, your likely tenure will be less than a year. You will be asked to work 24/7, belittled by the C suite and CEO should you happen to not be on their good side. Do ask what their average turnover is at their corporate office. The best advice is to Stay Away. This is not a company you can make a difference in.

Pros

Used to be the glitzy parties

Cons

Values, Culture, Strategy, the list is endless

Amazing work culture and environment!

I have been working at dentalcorp for almost a year now and I only have positive things to say about this company. If you are looking to work for a growing company, innovate and bring your ideas to the table this is the place to be!

Pros

Excellent leadership, collaborative environment, learning opportunities

Management in a FLux

Fired executives in Talent Acquisitions. Expectations for hiring at the Dental practice level are unrealistic.Throw you under the bus mentalityEveryone for themselves.Dysfunctional teams and environment

Pros

Great way to get experience at the junior level.

Cons

Communication is awful

Great place to work!

dentalcorp is an exciting and fast-paced place to work! Young culture, supportive management team, very competitive compensation and great benefits. Despite the challenges COVID put on the business, I always felt informed and supported through the uncertainty. Not many organizations were able to support employees the way dentalcorp was, and I genuinely feel the business has come out the other side stronger as a result. The weekly UberEats credits were a nice perk too!

Pros

Supportive management team, young culture, modern office in a convenient location

Mentorship

I joined dentalcorp a year ago as a new Associate out of school. During my interview process I mentioned the desire to find a great practice with the opportunity for mentorship so that I could continue to learn through hands on experience after graduating. They found a great fit for me and I look forward to many more years of expanding my skill set through mentorship & dentalcorp’s continued education program

Pros

Growth

Would work for dental corp again given the oportunity!

I was a dental assistant for dental corp of Canada. They are an amazing corporation and I would recommend them to anyone who asks! They aren't your "typical" corporation as they allow all practices to run independently but offer support when needed! I have moved therefore regrettably quitting my job. If they ever opened an office in the states I would definitely apply. The office i worked for (Orijin integrated dentistry) is great. They are fast paced, family orientated and are all about the "mind, body, spirit thing"! They really invest in their staff and you do feel looked out for.

Pros

uniform allowance, insurance, high pay, lunch at staff meetings, free supplements

Cons

Can sometimes be very busy

A great environment in which to work

I like that the focus is not only on providing best patient care, but on ensuring the staff are engaged with day to day decisions in providing the best care.

Great experience

I’ve been working at a dentalcorp practice for 3 years. Good benefits, flexibility and options to work at a few different practices if you’re looking for extra work.

Growing company!

This is a great place to work - lots of room for growth. The office is clean, modern and spacious. The culture is fun and it is a fast-paced environment so you're never bored at work.

Remote Work

Work remotely is a convenience in itself. Alot of practices means alot of jobs and opportunity to work on various types of projects. Nothing is too complicated. Great detailed briefs and response time.

Exciting, professional, team-oriented company positioned for great success

I was brought on board in a newly created role and I am loving it. Freedom to create and innovate, tempered with a knowledgeable, helpful team to back you up and provide guidance. Fun, youthful atmosphere with really bright minds who have a genuine commitment to integrity. Great benefits package and opportunities for development and advancement.

Awful if you are clinic staff

No support from higher up. They try to tell you that there is support but there isn't any from HR. There are no benefits even though they continue to say that they will look into it. Tons of empty promises. They are always checking your hours minute by minute. Not a fun atmosphere. Would not RECOMMEND this corporation to anyone! Better to work in a small private clinic.

Blind leading the blind.

Awful. Don't waste your time! Completely clueless and corporate management leaves local employees on the dark about a lot of things. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, causing long time loyal employees to seek employment elsewhere

Pros

I left

Cons

I stayed far too long

Proceed with caution

No support from head office. They tell you the things you want to hear over the phone with no follow up or resolution. Head office turns a blind eye to the truth as long as there’s still money coming into the cooperation. No one is held accountable. Proceed with caution when applying for a job. They blind you with all their perks and then reality sets in a few months into your job.

Pros

Random free Tim Hortons gift cards

Cons

Poor management/director of operations

No one has an idea what's going on

Careless company culture and behaviors. Poor collaboration No respect for others during work. Everyone seems to be okay on the face. But that's not the real case.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dentalcorp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement