dentalcorp

dentalcorp Employee Reviews

This is a great place to work - lots of room for growth. The office is clean, modern and spacious. The culture is fun and it is a fast-paced environment so you're never bored at work.
When you first start with River Dental they make you feel like you are at home and show you how amazing their stance is on work and life balance. In all reality they are not, I was told that my job was more important than my son who was ill - when I am a single mom and had to take a few days off. Job Security is a joke; the office manager will flat out tell everyone at each meeting that "Everyone is replaceable, don't think we need you ever". She always has a favorite staff member in each department and if you are not them, watch out. I have never felt so degraded while working for a company. If you can avoid working for River Dental, I would. You will not benefit at all, only your mental state will take a toll - which is I am assuming why they pay so high.
I have been working at dentalcorp for almost a year now and I only have positive things to say about this company. If you are looking to work for a growing company, innovate and bring your ideas to the table this is the place to be!
Pros
Excellent leadership, collaborative environment, learning opportunities
Fired executives in Talent Acquisitions. Expectations for hiring at the Dental practice level are unrealistic.Throw you under the bus mentalityEveryone for themselves.Dysfunctional teams and environment
Pros
Great way to get experience at the junior level.
Cons
Communication is awful
dentalcorp is an exciting and fast-paced place to work! Young culture, supportive management team, very competitive compensation and great benefits. Despite the challenges COVID put on the business, I always felt informed and supported through the uncertainty. Not many organizations were able to support employees the way dentalcorp was, and I genuinely feel the business has come out the other side stronger as a result. The weekly UberEats credits were a nice perk too!
Pros
Supportive management team, young culture, modern office in a convenient location
I joined dentalcorp a year ago as a new Associate out of school. During my interview process I mentioned the desire to find a great practice with the opportunity for mentorship so that I could continue to learn through hands on experience after graduating. They found a great fit for me and I look forward to many more years of expanding my skill set through mentorship & dentalcorp’s continued education program
Pros
Growth
I was a dental assistant for dental corp of Canada. They are an amazing corporation and I would recommend them to anyone who asks! They aren't your "typical" corporation as they allow all practices to run independently but offer support when needed! I have moved therefore regrettably quitting my job. If they ever opened an office in the states I would definitely apply. The office i worked for (Orijin integrated dentistry) is great. They are fast paced, family orientated and are all about the "mind, body, spirit thing"! They really invest in their staff and you do feel looked out for.
Pros
uniform allowance, insurance, high pay, lunch at staff meetings, free supplements
Cons
Can sometimes be very busy
I like that the focus is not only on providing best patient care, but on ensuring the staff are engaged with day to day decisions in providing the best care.
I’ve been working at a dentalcorp practice for 3 years. Good benefits, flexibility and options to work at a few different practices if you’re looking for extra work.
Work remotely is a convenience in itself. Alot of practices means alot of jobs and opportunity to work on various types of projects. Nothing is too complicated. Great detailed briefs and response time.
I was brought on board in a newly created role and I am loving it. Freedom to create and innovate, tempered with a knowledgeable, helpful team to back you up and provide guidance. Fun, youthful atmosphere with really bright minds who have a genuine commitment to integrity. Great benefits package and opportunities for development and advancement.
No support from higher up. They try to tell you that there is support but there isn't any from HR. There are no benefits even though they continue to say that they will look into it. Tons of empty promises. They are always checking your hours minute by minute. Not a fun atmosphere. Would not RECOMMEND this corporation to anyone! Better to work in a small private clinic.
Awful. Don't waste your time! Completely clueless and corporate management leaves local employees on the dark about a lot of things. Left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing, causing long time loyal employees to seek employment elsewhere
Pros
I left
Cons
I stayed far too long
DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU ARE A DDS. Offices are not managed properly by managers and corporate staff. Personal interests are more important to them then patient care. Dentists proffesional opinions are being questioned by staff members who clearly don’t have a duty to RCDSO. Beware of dental Corp.
Cons
No support from head office. They tell you the things you want to hear over the phone with no follow up or resolution. Head office turns a blind eye to the truth as long as there’s still money coming into the cooperation. No one is held accountable. Proceed with caution when applying for a job. They blind you with all their perks and then reality sets in a few months into your job.
Pros
Random free Tim Hortons gift cards
Cons
Poor management/director of operations
Careless company culture and behaviors. Poor collaboration No respect for others during work. Everyone seems to be okay on the face. But that's not the real case.
It is a good environment to work in. The people are very nice especially the Manager. Everyday, we get to meet new people in the Campus and we get to have a lot of Clients staying and came back because of our great Service and we provided good professional relationship with them.
Working with dentalcorp has been the best career move in my life ... and I've worked with some great companies! My work days are quite varied. Some days I work on strategies for growth, while others I'm out connecting with the teams in the field. I've also worked quite a bit on transitions ... whether it's Dentists retiring, implementing new programs for Patient Care, or introducing new roles in the Practices, such as Practice Managers and Team Leaders. I've learned a lot about the Dental Sector and how we can amplify the Patient Care Agenda. My financial acumen has increased due to my exposure to higher level executives, and direct contact with the CEO, COO, CFO, the Business Development Team. It's an exciting job! I truly believe that you can establish yourself as a Leader and build a great Career.
Pros
Amazing opportunities to share ideas, make a difference, and drive the Patient Care Agenda
Cons
Growing company means that we work hard to ensure we dot our i'l and cross our t's.
Dentalcorp is a dynamic, exciting place to work with a strong Collaborative Culture that you experience daily in the Actions being taken and Decisions being made throughout the company. It is a pleasure to be part of a company that provides an environment that supports personal and professional growth, while at the same time encourages feedback. This enables us to continually raise the bar on how we operate and in turn, elevate the level of support we are able to provide to our Practice Network.
Pros
Leadership with Integrity
Challenging, interesting, exciting & a great place to learn. The culture & values that our leadership preaches is embedded into all aspects of our business. You have the opportunity for growth & to pave your own way. Management cares about your career development & work/life balance. A great place to work
Pros
collaborative Teamwork to achieve goals
Working for a young and developing team that is not only prosperous – but rich in culture, growth and opportunity! Meeting tight deadlines with the assistance and support of colleagues is rewarding and appreciated by management – which in itself creates a sense of achievement.
Pros
Fresh Fruit
Cons
Continuously busy
  1. Employee reviews