Dental Choice

Canada43 reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

great opportunity

I’ve been with the company for a few years, good place to work, lots of opportunities. Dental choice does provide many employee perks, including uniform allowance, health benefits, bonus possibilities. High expectations of their employees, each position has many responsibilities, which can sometimes be difficult to balance.

Very competitive and fast paced environment!

I have worked with Dental Choice for almost five years now. If you are truly hardworking, management takes care of you. Co workers are like family. Very fast paced environment, but it makes the day go faster.

Pros

Uniform reimbursement, dental and health benefits

Cons

Very fast paced environment

Insights into Dental Choice

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Team work & Opportunities

Working for Dental Choice is not just having a JOB, it is more choosing a long term career path. Personally, being hired as a receptionist then being promoted to management was an unexpected surprise. The training provided for each and every role within the company is in depth and sets the employee up for success in their new role. Being in management provides a support system of very qualified colleagues that collectively work together as a team to create an ideal workplace.

Pros

training, benefits, uniform allowance, Ce, team meeting lunches

Great team and awesome people!

I have worked pretty much in all DC locations in Calgary and it was positive experience in each one. Im new to the industry and everyone was friendly and patient with me. The management listens their employees and is accommodating. Great place to be at!

Pros

Great team, benefits, training, weekends off

Cons

Early morning shifts

Poor

The Staff in some of the locations are intimidating and mean, managers cut your hours at will. You will never make up to expectations in terms of salary. Their software is really difficult to grasp and you are never encouraged at work. Generally a bad experience.

Fun, professional, and overall a great office!

A fast paced office with a team that feels like family. The atmosphere is fun and professional, and everyone shares the same patient care values. Management is very supporting and advancement opportunities can be available. Overall a great place to come to work every day!

Pros

Benefits, career advancements, great atmosphere

Cons

Some evenings

Great place to work!

I've been working for Dental Choice as a receptionist for less than a year, but it's been great so far! I'm supported by management and coworkers alike, and there's always someone to reach out to when I'm searching for answers. The opportunities for the growth of your career are made clear and attainable. I would recommend this company if you're searching for a fulfilling career.

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, close to home.

Excellent work environment

I have been working for Dental Choice for 8 wonderful years! The most enjoyable part of this company is the constant support you receive from management and the team. Your opinion matters and you truly make a difference in helping the company grow. My confidence and skills have grown through the years, and I could not have achieved this without all the encouragement along the way. Highly recommended!

Pros

Flex benefits, Uniform allowance, CE courses

Productive and fun workplace

A great place to work where your voice matters and everyone strives to work as a team to be successful. The hours are good and can be flexible to balance home life as well. Besides just offering bonuses and clothing allowances, Dental Choice also provides opportunities to take CE courses through the year, and hosts a number of events themselves for the staff to partake in. The practice administrators take a personal interest in you and support you to help you grow. They listen to where you want to be and help set goals for you to attain. As well as goals for each individual office. Dental Choice follows a set of values that strives for outstanding patient care. Overall a very satisfying place to work with a lot of benefits.

Pros

Bonuses, clothing allowance, career advancement

Love

I'm a long term employee of Dental Choice and wouldn't choose to go anywhere else! They offer great perks to employees; bonus, Paid Ce, uniform allowance, and goals to work toward other fun things like trips! I've had personal issues arise in the last year and my manager and dentist understood what I needed and helped me through it. Dental Choice is very patient focused. Always striving to have happy and satisfied patients each and every day.

Pros

Flex benefits, uniform

Excellent Company with a focus on Super Satisfied Patients

I have worked with Dental Choice for over 15 years. During this time I have been able to advance my career. The company invested in my growth through continuing education, courses, travelling to conferences and working with a non-dental business executive group. Hard work is recognized and goals achieved are rewarded. The main focus of the business is to ensure patients are so happy they refer friends, family and colleagues. If you are ever considering working for this company, it is easy to find someone that has spent many years with Dental Choice, and the longevity of the employees' tenure speaks volumes.

Pros

Ce, Bonuses, team meeting lunches, employee recognition dinners, Christmas party, Uniform Allowance, Flex Benefits

Great place to work, with several long term employees

Awesome work place! Lots of long term staff and management, it has a family like feel. Flexible hours. Dental choice has many great work events and appreciation dinners. Dental Choice supports your growth with lots of room for advancement.

Pros

Paid CE, uniform allowance, flex benefits, bonus program

great place for a long term position with advancement and CE

Great group with many long term employees-over 10 years. Fun atmosphere with team events and CE is supported. Great group of dentists to work with and patient care is a priority. They allow you to use your skills and there is opportunity for advancement into other roles. Because of the size of the group there are so many options for people that want to have a family and adjust their hours and commitment. I have been able to transition into different roles as my family has grown. So much support for people to put their families first.

Pros

benefits package, Ce, fun, work hard culture, great dentists

Would stay away

High staff and dentist turnover! Their only focus is on production and nothing else. They have these core values and 11 pillars of success which they themselves never follow but will use them against you to not give you a raise. Unreasonable expections from their employees. Managers are never around because they are given 3-4 offices to manage! Dentists don't care much either since they are associates. New grad dentists are put under lots of pressure to bill more. The pay isn't fair either! A new employee sometimes makes more money than the one who has been there for a long time! Not fair at all. Overall not a good working environment. I would think twice before working here.

Pros

Uniform and overtime payed

Cons

High turnover, management doesn't care, poor pay

Poor management, high turnover, great coworkers

Extremely poor management and high turnover. Top management likes to "micro-manage" employees at all levels. Poor communication and less clarity between management and employees has always been an issue. it's all about profit - which is why they always lose good employees.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

High turnover, poor management, poor benefits

Long work days, balancing personal and work life is sometimes difficult because of the long overtime. Gained great knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Choice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement