Dental Choice

Dental Choice Employee Reviews for Dental Assistant

Dental Assistant9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

SIMPLY GREAT (current employee Millwoods location)

I’ve been working here for years, great work environment, friendly and helpful co workers, supportive and excellent manager and dentists. I am grateful to be a part of this dental family. They respect and value their employees. Very satisfied.

Pros

Continuing education, amazing co-workers and work environment

Great team and awesome people!

I have worked pretty much in all DC locations in Calgary and it was positive experience in each one. Im new to the industry and everyone was friendly and patient with me. The management listens their employees and is accommodating. Great place to be at!

Pros

Great team, benefits, training, weekends off

Cons

Early morning shifts

Insights into Dental Choice

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging
  • Clear sense of purpose

Job security

During a time when many people have lost their job its great to not have the stress of worrying about hours. The company is well lead and cost conscious and able to survive difficult times. The dentists are some of the best and take great care of patients. The management at Dental Choice actually care about the staff and help to make sure everyone is getting hours, has safe working conditions and opportunity for promotion

Pros

Job security

Cons

Might have evening hours

Fun place

Been in the company for 10 years. Lot of great opportunities. Fun place to work with. Management are very open to suggestion. Definitely will recommend this company .

Love

I'm a long term employee of Dental Choice and wouldn't choose to go anywhere else! They offer great perks to employees; bonus, Paid Ce, uniform allowance, and goals to work toward other fun things like trips! I've had personal issues arise in the last year and my manager and dentist understood what I needed and helped me through it. Dental Choice is very patient focused. Always striving to have happy and satisfied patients each and every day.

Pros

Flex benefits, uniform

Great place to work, with several long term employees

Awesome work place! Lots of long term staff and management, it has a family like feel. Flexible hours. Dental choice has many great work events and appreciation dinners. Dental Choice supports your growth with lots of room for advancement.

Pros

Paid CE, uniform allowance, flex benefits, bonus program

great place for a long term position with advancement and CE

Great group with many long term employees-over 10 years. Fun atmosphere with team events and CE is supported. Great group of dentists to work with and patient care is a priority. They allow you to use your skills and there is opportunity for advancement into other roles. Because of the size of the group there are so many options for people that want to have a family and adjust their hours and commitment. I have been able to transition into different roles as my family has grown. So much support for people to put their families first.

Pros

benefits package, Ce, fun, work hard culture, great dentists

Would stay away

High staff and dentist turnover! Their only focus is on production and nothing else. They have these core values and 11 pillars of success which they themselves never follow but will use them against you to not give you a raise. Unreasonable expections from their employees. Managers are never around because they are given 3-4 offices to manage! Dentists don't care much either since they are associates. New grad dentists are put under lots of pressure to bill more. The pay isn't fair either! A new employee sometimes makes more money than the one who has been there for a long time! Not fair at all. Overall not a good working environment. I would think twice before working here.

Pros

Uniform and overtime payed

Cons

High turnover, management doesn't care, poor pay

Poor Dentistry and Management

Poor dentistry and management. Company is more concerned about money therefore patient care/infection control/employee satisfaction is not a priority. High turn over with dentists and staff. Pay is decent but not fair amongst their offices. Poor hours with lots of evening shifts. You must follow their core values but upper management will break them at any given time. Overall low quality of dentistry. RDH must bill a required $ amount per hour and is responsible for their schedule and will be put on probation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Choice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement