Dental Choice

Dental Choice Employee Reviews

SIMPLY GREAT (current employee Millwoods location)

I’ve been working here for years, great work environment, friendly and helpful co workers, supportive and excellent manager and dentists. I am grateful to be a part of this dental family. They respect and value their employees. Very satisfied.

Pros

Continuing education, amazing co-workers and work environment

Selfish and savage

It’s a messed up place. Managers are like dogs just want to stay on top so don’t bother applying here if u have dental experience bcuz these low self esteem dental choice Managers will drain you take everything you know present it as their own and throw you out. Everyone competes it’s a horrible atmosphere and each location trashed the other. there’s no advancement with Dental Choice, it’s not a place I would recommend to any experienced dental assistant/admin, just a waste of time. But hey I could be wrong maybe it was just my superiors that were horrible, maybe the other ones in different locations are more human like. Anyways this place don’t work as a team and they never once disinfected the front in my entire time there I was the only one who paid attention to it.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

No appreciation

My manager was fantastic, good communication. It was fast paced but I felt supported and backed by my team. It did feel like a family and I genuinely cares for my colleagues, dentists and patients.

Best place to work!

One of the biggest things I’ve noticed while working for Dental Choice is that is definitely is a family/friend environment. Especially the managers ! They are the sweetest and most caring managers I have ever met. I truly feel like they value their employees so much! That is why I love being apart of Dental Choice! The environment is very healthy and upbeat! There is never a dull day because of all the amazing patients we get to interact with

Team work & Opportunities

Working for Dental Choice is not just having a JOB, it is more choosing a long term career path. Personally, being hired as a receptionist then being promoted to management was an unexpected surprise. The training provided for each and every role within the company is in depth and sets the employee up for success in their new role. Being in management provides a support system of very qualified colleagues that collectively work together as a team to create an ideal workplace.

Pros

training, benefits, uniform allowance, Ce, team meeting lunches

Great team and awesome people!

I have worked pretty much in all DC locations in Calgary and it was positive experience in each one. Im new to the industry and everyone was friendly and patient with me. The management listens their employees and is accommodating. Great place to be at!

Pros

Great team, benefits, training, weekends off

Cons

Early morning shifts

Amazing company to be apart of

I am so thankful to be apart of the Dental Choice family! The management style is so great and you're always kept in the loop! I love the open communication from Doctor's to assistants, managers to admin and CEO to the entire company. I recommend anyone looking to build a strong dental career to join the Dental Choice team!

Great Opportunities

I have been employed with dental choice for over 3 years now. I have been giving a lot of opportunities ever since. I started my job as a receptionist. The wage is competitive and staff is treated as family. The management listens to employee needs which is very important.

Pros

Job security, flexible hours, supportive managers/

Job security

During a time when many people have lost their job its great to not have the stress of worrying about hours. The company is well lead and cost conscious and able to survive difficult times. The dentists are some of the best and take great care of patients. The management at Dental Choice actually care about the staff and help to make sure everyone is getting hours, has safe working conditions and opportunity for promotion

Pros

Job security

Cons

Might have evening hours

A collaborative and exciting atmosphere

I’ve been at Dental Choice for 8 years. It’s a great company and really focuses on growth and development. The locations have great staff and a supportive team environment. I really enjoy working here! There’s lots of opportunities for continuing education.

Pros

Paid CE, CE opportunities, Energetic and fast paced offices

Great team to work with

I have been with Dental Choice for more than 15 years. I have been given opportunities to change my role as began building a family. opportunities are given for advancement and pay is very competitive. The team at Dental Choice is great and its nice to work with dentists and staff that you have confidence in.

Great opportunities!

Dental Choice is the first company that I worked for within the role of receptionist and it has been quite an amazing ride! The company has provided amazing opportunities and is constantly willing to help you grow into whatever it is you are looking for within your role. I have felt supported from my manager from Day one, and she constantly makes the effort to treat me as human, not an employee. Overall, great staff, great perks, so willing to train. I currently work here and plan to for many years!

Poor

The Staff in some of the locations are intimidating and mean, managers cut your hours at will. You will never make up to expectations in terms of salary. Their software is really difficult to grasp and you are never encouraged at work. Generally a bad experience.

Fun, professional, and overall a great office!

A fast paced office with a team that feels like family. The atmosphere is fun and professional, and everyone shares the same patient care values. Management is very supporting and advancement opportunities can be available. Overall a great place to come to work every day!

Pros

Benefits, career advancements, great atmosphere

Cons

Some evenings

fast pace work environment but felt like a family

A location where patients felt comfortable and at ease from the moment they are greeted (over the phone or in person). Working in a fast pace location can be stressful at times but working along side a great team made it feel exciting and fun going to work everyday. Making patients leave with a smile and a positive experience was always #1, as visiting a dental office can be scary to some patients.

Great place to work!

I've been working for Dental Choice as a receptionist for less than a year, but it's been great so far! I'm supported by management and coworkers alike, and there's always someone to reach out to when I'm searching for answers. The opportunities for the growth of your career are made clear and attainable. I would recommend this company if you're searching for a fulfilling career.

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, close to home.

Excellent work environment

I have been working for Dental Choice for 8 wonderful years! The most enjoyable part of this company is the constant support you receive from management and the team. Your opinion matters and you truly make a difference in helping the company grow. My confidence and skills have grown through the years, and I could not have achieved this without all the encouragement along the way. Highly recommended!

Pros

Flex benefits, Uniform allowance, CE courses

Fantastic Work Place

I've been with the company for a little less than a year now and I will say that Dental Choice is one of the best company's I've ever worked for. I've never felt so supported, understood and mostly importantly heard. My happiness and opinion is valued. There are opportunities to advance ones career and continued education is offered. My days are productive and filled with fun and laughter with team members and our patients. All in all, a great place to work!

Pros

CE's, health spending, clothing allowance, bonus, fair wage

Fun place

Been in the company for 10 years. Lot of great opportunities. Fun place to work with. Management are very open to suggestion. Definitely will recommend this company .

relaxing work place

Actullay I like to give my best so need relaxing kind of work environment. I would like to work somewhere closer to home. If tie allows would like to contribute some time to community doing Volunteer services.

Great company to work for

Great company with even greater people. Each person at Dental Choice has a full scope of work on any given day, but the culture & people make it worth it. People are focused on completing their daily tasks but always have time for a quick chat or something positive to laugh about. I think everyone at Dental Choice truly wants to help make it great(er). The pay is quite competitive & opportunities for advancement are available for all. A growing company that has many good things to come!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Choice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement