Dental Choice

Dental Choice Employee Reviews

Canada44 reviews

choicedentistallowanceuniformpatientyearopportunityteam

fast pace work environment but felt like a family

A location where patients felt comfortable and at ease from the moment they are greeted (over the phone or in person). Working in a fast pace location can be stressful at times but working along side a great team made it feel exciting and fun going to work everyday. Making patients leave with a smile and a positive experience was always #1, as visiting a dental office can be scary to some patients.

Corporate company

This company over promises and underdelivered repetitively. From practitioners being promised a full schedule, to administrators promised training and support, or even being told your job will be full time. They under pay their long term staff and get away with it by telling the staff not to talk about their wages. Their health spending account is only paid out twice a year, making it unusable for those who don't have the money to pay upfront for services. Overall, this company is corporate and focuses on making a profit over patient care.

Insights into Dental Choice

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Inclusive work environment

Great teams, like a family!

I’ve been with this company for quite a few years now. Love the ladies I work with. Hardworking team and we all have one end goal to treat our patients the best and have them leave happy. Management is understanding of my life work balance needs. I would recommend!

Money hungry owner and management, poor regard for staff.

Managers push numbers onto staff instead patient care. Does not appreciate hard work and experience, only nepotism rewarded. High staff turn-over; would rather hire little to no experience to save cost and offer 0 support, than hire someone experienced and capable. Does not pay well or fairly.

Very competitive and fast paced environment!

I have worked with Dental Choice for almost five years now. If you are truly hardworking, management takes care of you. Co workers are like family. Very fast paced environment, but it makes the day go faster.

Pros

Uniform reimbursement, dental and health benefits

Cons

Very fast paced environment

Unprofessional!!

The workplace is full of deceptive people who just know how to smartly throw off honest employees. I would recommend if you really want to work in this company, please don’t be truthful to them and act smart! They won’t value the honesty and the efforts that you put for them in order to earn profits for the company and meet the daily target or the monthly target. They don’t want to retain employees specially at the front desk even if you work hard for them. They will only see what’s beneficial for them! Your insecure colleagues would take advantage of you in order to save themselves in front of managers to throw you off! Furthermore, the managers are so dumb that they don’t even want to investigate and find out the truth and just believe and act what their old employees says about the new ones!!

Pros

Horrible management. Stressful, fake and no room for growth.

Dental choice is a corporate money hungry company. They treat their loyal employees like garbage. You are expected to do an absurd amount of work and get paid minimum wage. Management just walks around micromanaging and doesn’t actually help with anything. The biggest turn over I’ve ever seen in a company. Truly the worst place to work.

Selfish and savage

It’s a messed up place. Managers are like dogs just want to stay on top so don’t bother applying here if u have dental experience bcuz these low self esteem dental choice Managers will drain you take everything you know present it as their own and throw you out. Everyone competes it’s a horrible atmosphere and each location trashed the other. there’s no advancement with Dental Choice, it’s not a place I would recommend to any experienced dental assistant/admin, just a waste of time. But hey I could be wrong maybe it was just my superiors that were horrible, maybe the other ones in different locations are more human like. Anyways this place don’t work as a team and they never once disinfected the front in my entire time there I was the only one who paid attention to it.

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

No appreciation

SIMPLY GREAT (current employee Millwoods location)

I’ve been working here for years, great work environment, friendly and helpful co workers, supportive and excellent manager and dentists. I am grateful to be a part of this dental family. They respect and value their employees. Very satisfied.

Pros

Continuing education, amazing co-workers and work environment

My manager was fantastic, good communication. It was fast paced but I felt supported and backed by my team. It did feel like a family and I genuinely cares for my colleagues, dentists and patients.

Best place to work!

One of the biggest things I’ve noticed while working for Dental Choice is that is definitely is a family/friend environment. Especially the managers ! They are the sweetest and most caring managers I have ever met. I truly feel like they value their employees so much! That is why I love being apart of Dental Choice! The environment is very healthy and upbeat! There is never a dull day because of all the amazing patients we get to interact with

Team work & Opportunities

Working for Dental Choice is not just having a JOB, it is more choosing a long term career path. Personally, being hired as a receptionist then being promoted to management was an unexpected surprise. The training provided for each and every role within the company is in depth and sets the employee up for success in their new role. Being in management provides a support system of very qualified colleagues that collectively work together as a team to create an ideal workplace.

Pros

training, benefits, uniform allowance, Ce, team meeting lunches

Great team and awesome people!

I have worked pretty much in all DC locations in Calgary and it was positive experience in each one. Im new to the industry and everyone was friendly and patient with me. The management listens their employees and is accommodating. Great place to be at!

Pros

Great team, benefits, training, weekends off

Cons

Early morning shifts

Amazing company to be apart of

I am so thankful to be apart of the Dental Choice family! The management style is so great and you're always kept in the loop! I love the open communication from Doctor's to assistants, managers to admin and CEO to the entire company. I recommend anyone looking to build a strong dental career to join the Dental Choice team!

Great Opportunities

I have been employed with dental choice for over 3 years now. I have been giving a lot of opportunities ever since. I started my job as a receptionist. The wage is competitive and staff is treated as family. The management listens to employee needs which is very important.

Pros

Job security, flexible hours, supportive managers/

Job security

During a time when many people have lost their job its great to not have the stress of worrying about hours. The company is well lead and cost conscious and able to survive difficult times. The dentists are some of the best and take great care of patients. The management at Dental Choice actually care about the staff and help to make sure everyone is getting hours, has safe working conditions and opportunity for promotion

Pros

Job security

Cons

Might have evening hours

A collaborative and exciting atmosphere

I’ve been at Dental Choice for 8 years. It’s a great company and really focuses on growth and development. The locations have great staff and a supportive team environment. I really enjoy working here! There’s lots of opportunities for continuing education.

Pros

Paid CE, CE opportunities, Energetic and fast paced offices

Great team to work with

I have been with Dental Choice for more than 15 years. I have been given opportunities to change my role as began building a family. opportunities are given for advancement and pay is very competitive. The team at Dental Choice is great and its nice to work with dentists and staff that you have confidence in.

Great opportunities!

Dental Choice is the first company that I worked for within the role of receptionist and it has been quite an amazing ride! The company has provided amazing opportunities and is constantly willing to help you grow into whatever it is you are looking for within your role. I have felt supported from my manager from Day one, and she constantly makes the effort to treat me as human, not an employee. Overall, great staff, great perks, so willing to train. I currently work here and plan to for many years!

Poor

The Staff in some of the locations are intimidating and mean, managers cut your hours at will. You will never make up to expectations in terms of salary. Their software is really difficult to grasp and you are never encouraged at work. Generally a bad experience.

Fun, professional, and overall a great office!

A fast paced office with a team that feels like family. The atmosphere is fun and professional, and everyone shares the same patient care values. Management is very supporting and advancement opportunities can be available. Overall a great place to come to work every day!

Pros

Benefits, career advancements, great atmosphere

Cons

Some evenings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dental Choice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement