DENT WIZARD

DENT WIZARD Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
Horrible working conditions ( toxic dust and paint fumes). Inexperienced staff and management. Incredible turn over rate of all staff. Management is like dealing with a used car salesman or politician, never get a straight answer. It was really a terrible place to work at Edmonton location in the paint and body department.
Pros
Cons
Supply all my own tools, Work on commision, being paid from an estimate done by a complete rookie, who missed alot of damage and labor.
They will tell you what ever they think you want to hear to get you to leave the job you are with to make way less more. Endless promises of what I was going to make that never came through. Was just told to give it more time and more time and more time. Long hours that just don't seem to be long enough for them. They have a lot of ideas on how to make money, just no follow through on putting those things in place. You will go to school where they will tell you not to expect to make a lot of money because it's difficult to get your foot in the door, but when you get out you will be pressured to produce and told that school doesn't teach you reality. And don't ever get hurt on the job because you will be questioned and pressured to continue to work anyways. Good luck on getting them to fill out and sending in your WSIB forms either.
Cons
If you are not willing to give up your entire life, this is not the job for you.
They work you crazy and expect everything from you, which would be fine if they were not so strict on everything, prepare to be yelled at for every tiny thing you do.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
management is extremely hard to get along with
Management is poor with poor personal skills. Especially for a new hire that is doing exactly what is asked of them by showing up 10 minutes early for work every day. Staying late everyday and not being able to take a proper lunch break everyday. I was overqualified to be doing just driver work as I went to College to study Automotive Collision Repair and Refinishing and now am a registered apprentice but figured I am not above doing that kind of work. But I was also dubbed the shop custodian for some reason without prior explanation in the online job description or interview, so I was emptying everybody's garbage, sweeping and moping floors, cleaning the bathroom and making sure the lobby was tidy. All things that if were thoroughly explained before the job started would not have warranted a somewhat negative attitude. Don't expect to be treated with very much respect even if you give it.
Pros
very nice co- workers for the most part, busy most of the time.
Cons
lack of a proper lunch break, staying late almost every day, no concern for personal well being when weather calls for it.