Denny's

Denny's Employee Reviews

Canada482 reviews

Found 482 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,002 reviews

Line cook

Good place to work at I'd you can handle stress. The restaurant is very fast phase. As a cook I had to memorize the whole menu which has a lot of food item.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

People are nice and appreciate you helping them with different things.

I was excited to have a job that wasn't to difficult because of me disabilities. I love dealing with costumers. Place is clean. I'm a clean and organized person so love to keep things that way.

Pros

Tips

Cons

Part time

stressful but also flexible work

Great for flexibility. I was pursuing school and acting and I had ample opportunity to change my schedule or take time off. However the work made me feel like a slave, constantly busy, stressful, poor management, low pay

Pros

flexibility, quick pay

Cons

long hours, busy and stressful

Team Centred place where everyone works together

Working at Denny’s has been such a positive experience for me. It means so much in a workplace when you are appreciated. Not only by management, but the people you work with too. When you work at Denny’s, in my experience you’re part of a team.

Pros

Discount on food, Free drinks, Tips, 7-hour shift

Dont make the mistake that myself and other long term emplyees made

Let all long term staff after 20-25 years go and brought in tfw and kept staff that are thieves and pot head going out the back doorManagement are bullys They are the most uncompasionate company I've EVER experienced If you want to be treated with respect This is not the employer for you.

Busy server team work

rules do not apply to all staff. Stressful managers blame staff for their mistakes. Customers great and staff okay glad shift was over. Managers unfair not helpful

Good Upper Management

Great place to work. Upper Management was very supportive. Very modern approach to ambiance. Staff was very supportive and always exceeded expectations

Pros

Free food

Cons

Weekends

It is a fun place to work.

I have always love working at dennys, I just love working as a hostess, means I can meet and greet different people from different countries, cities, and different areas, I love making our costumers feel like home, I love doing different or trying something new for your company, costumers always come first but it is still alot of fun to do it is a career move and positive out come.

Pros

You don't get free louchs you have to play.

Cons

I don't mind working long hours or short.

managers

Definitely would not recommend my location of dennys, I work there and the management is horrible i constantly feel over worked and stressed out. The managers are not kind to their employees what so ever. 0/10

Pros

Free restaurant breakfast meal per shift?

Cons

management is horrid

Awful Place to Work

A very stressful work environment with a toxic staff. The toxic staff seemed to be rewarded, whereas those who were there just to work were not. Management was mostly incompetent—very little training and very little quality control. Health and dental benefits were provided, and staff meals were free. But there were infrequent, if any, raises over years of work on top of a small wage, to begin with.

An okay place to work as long as you can be competitive

The coworkers are for the most part friendly but very competitive! The kitchen especially is a very competitive section of the restaurant. If you can handle people yelling at you and running around then it may work for you!

Pros

Free meal on shift

Cons

Horrible hours

Its a fast paced restaurant

I enjoyed working at this restaurant for almost 2 months. Its a stressful job because its always busy but things did not work out in the end due to some misunderstanding.

Server

It was/is a great store within the parent company. Our store has amazing management that push you to be the best. We always pass our inspections and what most places do once a year ..we do every week. Great place to work.

Pros

Lots of hours

It's employment and not much else.

Typical work day involves answering the phone, following a script, and fixing the same issues on 15 year old equipment over and over again. They require a degree or certifications for these positions but this is nothing more than secretarial and redundant work. They have been giving out a lot of PTO but only because they have to because they are getting stimulus money from the feds. If you looking to get some entry level experience in IT and refresh your memory on technology that is over 20 years old this is the job for you, if you want to do serious IT work in an organized environment, make use of transferable skills, and grow your career in IT this is not the place for you. Also, I would rather starve before eating at at Denny's restaurant, we get reports from techs that they are filthy. They are a very progressive and liberal company with no moral compass and promote based on race rather than skill.

Pros

You get a paycheck and PTO

Cons

The place is a joke.

fun place to work, very hectic at times but we get through it

I work at Denny’s, but I am currently laid off, I have been there since July 2019 and the staff and management are amazing people but i’ve been there for too long and I need a change :) As well during the pandemic, I am currently laid off and there’s no hours for me

Pros

discounted food

Cons

Not enough help when struggling, when busy, others tend to get annoyed and make others feel bad

Bad place

Do not recommend working here. Hours, conditions, wages, were unfair. Long understaffed hours, previous (maybe current) managers made it a very unhappy place to be.

Pros

50% friend and family discount

Cons

Bad management, dirty conditions, unfair pay

Like most franchisees and corporate restaurants it sucks.

Terrible management, hours are constantly being cut, you cannot make a living wage here without working multiple jobs. Overall its awful, unless you are a young teenager living at home or something I wouldn't bother. There are far too many employees, so no one gets proper hours. None of the managers communicate with each other, and their constant power struggle gets taken out on the employees.

Pros

50% of food on your shift.

Cons

Management is obviously inexperienced.

Too much stress

Too much stress not enough hours or pay.. train a bunch of workers then lay them off because not busy enough/ business then go hire out of town to come take place of the originally trained .didn't treat their employees fair or right. sorry for bad review just speaking truth

No it’s not

Was not treated fair no bonus and did lots of extra hours and no extra pay not everyone is treated the same managers come and go and the managers that are there some are good some don’t know what there doing

Slave labour

They have you cleaning every inch of the place because they’re too cheap to hire actual cleaners. Getting your orders out of the kitchen is a joke and the food is terrible. Have had customers waiting for over an hour for their food while other tables that were sat later got their food sooner. All depends on whether the kitchen manager that day happens to like you or not. The whole operation is total caos.

Pros

Nope

Cons

Too many

It is a fast based environment

I liked working at Dennys because I liked the job as a Hostess. I had some issues but I did enjoy my job. I would recommend it to people to go there to dine in because they have good food.

Pros

birthdays are on special i think

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Denny's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K