Denny's
Coronavirus update
Information from Denny's:

Denny's Employee Reviews

Canada453 reviews
I currently work at Dennys and u love it. I love all my co-workers and managers. The whole team is like a big family. One thing I don’t like though it that I only know my schedule for about a week.
Pros
Half price meals
Cons
Not consistent schedule
The management only care about themselves @nd how they look .they like to advertise benefits but nobody gets them cause they don’t give you enough hours to qualify. That why it’s all part time.worse employer ever
Pros
Nice custumers
Cons
Terrible management from top to bottom
Worst management I’ve ever known, two faced, stab you in the back to save themselves at all costs. So much drama all the time and no support from the management team when your busy, left to sink or swim
Pros
Some fun coworkers, some great customers and decent money.
Cons
It was one of my greatest experience to work at Dennys and build some future with them I do recommend people to work for Dennys and get the experience
this location is open face environment and we fallow the high standard hygienic.implementing monitoring and reviewing food safety system.very fun work with coworkers! overall good place to work.
I would say its not a very good place to work but because of the volume you can make a steady income. It's very demanding and super stressful so be prepare.
During my 7 years at Denny's management wasn't the greatest, felt like a slave to all the work that had to be done. Was not a fun experience but my co-workers were memorable.
Pros
Tips were great- didn't have to split with kitchen
Cons
badly managed- treated unfairly
my experience in Denny's was good and my manager was too supportive and friendly and we had many benefits on working with Denny's. the atmosphere in the restaurant was formal.
Overall very good, good environment, workplace safety. Food safety. Good management, helpful team, make their customers happy with delicious and hygienic food.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Na
I worked very well with my co-workers & mangement was good. I helped cut pre-cut ingredients, assisted in the kitchen. Not enough hours & pay was low.
working at Denny's was awesome i absolutely loved it and the people i worked with. There was always a nice amount of guest's and everyone i worked with did very well with making sure that we all got a equall amount of tables and assisted each other when needed.
I very much enjoyed the flexibility of the scheduling here. Morning or overnight shifts were available depending on your needs. Tips are modest but the volume makes up for it.
this job was very easy, however everyone is very unhappy with all higher level management figures who were disrespectful and difficult. supervisers were great, however the managers were the issue. high employee turn over made life stressful. people where wrongfully punished and many things were over looked by management. filled with over worked cooks, and understaffed in almost every area. some good knowledge of what its like to work in kitchens. regional manager was intolerable and the reason over half the staff quit. over all. they have a lot to work on, hopefully things will get better.
So good to work with dennys. Skills get improved. Customers are the priority over there. They give reward to there employees if they do there job best.
over worked and under paid job is easy but management needs alot of work .i didnt get along with one manager there so it was worse for me but i did my job and went home.
Environment at Denny's is quite competitive. i worked there as cook. Denny's is very famous restaurant that's why is really busy all the time and working there as a cook i feel proud.
Sometimes it’s very fast paced, especially on the weekends. For some people it can be hard to keep up. However, other staff members are willing to help you out if you ask
It is basically a good environment for the development of person and I would recommend my friends to be a part of this fun based and awesome workplace
You know a place is a joke when management can’t stop the lifers from bullying the 17 year old hostesses or giving every new sever an awful section so they get no tables, half the staff and all the management quits in a one month period, can’t pass a health inspection to save their lives, lie during interviews and mock their staff members when they are severely injured and need to take time off work. Don’t take a job here unless your desperate.
I worked in Denny’s Mcknight the task is okey and most of the customers are nice. The only problem there is the management. They will hire you without proper coaching, for one year I been there I haven’t experience being coach by the management, then suddenly one time they called me for performance appraisal and gave me red mark. I thOught they will do the coaching until you improve your performabce but they already stop giving me a scheduke
Particular member of management was extremely rude and condescending, fired multiple employees for the simple reason of not liking them, and caused many others to you and quit because of their attitude, including myself. No one should have to go to work everyday and be belittle by another grown adult all because they believe the world revolves around them. Overall worst management experience I’ve ever had