Deluxe Entertainment Services Group

Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Opportunities available if you pursue them
Typical day includes lots of communication and meetings with teammates.
Workplace culture at a local level is wonderful - a smaller company feel backed by a corporate entity.

Lots of blurry lines with roles that allow you to grow.
Great place to learn work.
It's very hard for me to say about more than 100 years well established company.
But one thing I want to say is,

I am really proud and glad to be a part of Deluxe and never forget anything I learned here.

Awesome... Awesome... Awesome..

100% awesome.
Hires through temp agency and has a tendency of lay offs.
High turn over of employees and has a tendency to hire through a temp agency at lower then market salaries. Communication and leadership from management is scarce.
Amazing culture - amazing people - Super cool company
The culture, the people and the environment are all amazing. The projects they work on are really cool, and have employees who were recently nominated for Oscars! They offer free breakfasts every day, snacks on Wednesday, and monthly themed parties in the office.
They are continuously finding ways to grow and improve, and I think I like this the best. They understand the industry and clients force them to work hard sometimes, but try to make it as fun as possible for the employees when that does happen. Offering pizza, snacks, games etc. Such a great environment.
Pros
Amazing culture - amazing people - amazing projects
Cons
Days should end at 5 instead of 6 pm.
Happy work environment under tremendous pressure.
Bad that they do not exist anymore in Montreal. If the company does not exist anymore there is no point to talk about it. Missing the people too much but not the job.
Challenging and sometimes frustrating jobs in a friendly work environment
Casual and friendly work environment. Many social events such as fruit day and birthdays. Work can be frustrating as many projects have a very tight deadline, but technological and human resource is not enough to process them. Employees, especially talented ones, are constantly overloaded and pressured. The better you do, the more work they put on your shoulders. You can learn about new technologies but you also have to manage a lot of in-development bumps along the way. Recommended for someone how wants to work in a casual work environment, work hard and build-up experience in media industry.
Pros
Many social events, great people
Cons
Stressful. Lot of work. Not a good work-life balance
Hard Working
Very hard working place. However, the job security is not as stable. Also, Montreal is quite undervalued compared to other offices. Sometimes too much work.
Great Company
Very high standards and requirements to their employees and freelancers. Every person who works there greets you with the professionalism and enthusiasm.
Pros
Snacks and hot & cold drinks
The A/P Team was well organized and driven to complete the divisions we each were resposible for.
It was a good environment to enhance my A/P skills and developing the ability to multi task, my responsibilities.

Having excellent co-workers provided an opportunity to have a sounding board, when times became tense at month end/year end close.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks (daily) for the staff.
Cons
Long hours at month end/year end close.
Fun place to work
For nearly a century, Deluxe has been committed to providing content owners and creators with the tools and talent they need to bring the most compelling and exciting stories to life.