Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

It used to be a great place to work...
Marketing & Sales (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON16 June 2018
I've worked for Deluxe for many years, and have seen the company get worse and worse and worse as each year passes.

Entirely unrealistic and unreachable goals are set each year, either on purpose or completely by accident because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Severe cases of micro-management, with different people breathing down your neck for the MOST inconsequential of projects... while bigger-picture revenue initiatives are left untouched for years at a time.

Products are developed and launched without any real research to confirm that our customers would even want them.

There is an expectation that everybody needs to put in 50-60 hour work weeks, but they keep cutting back on salaries, benefits, growth opportunities, bonuses, and more.

In general, nobody really appreciates the work that you do... you're just a number that is easily cut when they need to make the bottom line margins.

Years ago, I would have highly recommended Deluxe as a dynamic and interesting work environment. Now, I would highly suggest that you find something else... anything else.
Fun place to work
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB22 April 2018
I enjoy working here could be paid more for the amount of work that they ask you to do but what can do about it
Fast and every quick lunches but workers arent treat with respect
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Expects you to do double the work for little pay
If you like beating your head against a brick wall....
Decline to answer (Former Employee) –  Canada6 January 2018
This is a great place to work, for the rest of us it should be avoided like the plague. Management doesn't understand what it takes to be successful, and spends its time and resources running from fire to fire without every solving anything. When decisive leadership is needed, they are nowhere to be found; if however its an inconsequential decision they can't be involved enough. This is by far the most incompetent bunch i've ever had the displeasure of working with.
Pros
Personal development is encouraged
Cons
Everything else
Not very clean.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 August 2017
very few hours. extremely un-clean. very poorly managed. was not trained for WHMIS. Employees/employer did not follow food safety regulations what so ever. My last name was mispelled 3 different times on my pay stubs.
First job while attending school
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB2 February 2017
Deluxe was my first job while I was still in school. It is a very fast [aced environment where I learned how to multi-task and bring my personable attitude to use with the customers and my co-workers. To this day the Manager (who has now moved up to owning his own Company) is still in contact with me and has become a Family friend. He taught me that hard work never goes unnoticed and to always work as though your Manager was over your shoulder. The hardest part of the job at the time was balancing work and school, as I am motivated by money and worked full time while attending school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time flew as it was always so busy. Also getting deals on the fish and chips was pretty great as well:)
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Working every weekend while attending school
Unorganized and over worked
Logo Changer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2016
The amount of work expected out of everyone is absurd. Angry clients are given false information when it comes to packages, prices, additional fees and turnaround time. At least the pay and benefits were very good. No chance for advancement in the company or changing positions/gaining more responsibilities. Also most employees are expected to "help out" with other departments which basically means do 2-3 jobs at once all the time. Understaffed.
Pros
paid 1 hour lunch, good benefits, good pay, coworkers are fun
Cons
very stressful, clients are horribly rude, impossible to take vacations
Repetitive workplace, easy work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 March 2016
a typical day at work i would work cash or supervise and work kitchen most nights, friends with most of my co-workers. i would also count the cashes on the nights that i supervise.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
All night shifts, Split shifts
Fast pace working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB24 November 2015
Everyday was busy at Deluxe I never got a break, I loved my co workers but the hardest part of working there was leaving. Most enjoyable time at work was Christmas time when we could ware Santa hats.
Positive, Fun, Friendly
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  901 king street west, Toronto, ON19 June 2015
It's one of those companies where it's a family oriented type. Where everyone knows one another and gets along. Everyone works hard.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No raise
Overall comfortable atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 March 2013
Although I have had complications with very few coworkers, overall I have had a great time working at the cash register, cleaning the garbage holders, filling the condiments, cooking in the kitchen, doing general cleaning in the dining area. I have learned to handle customer demands, assemble customer orders quickly. I enjoyed working in the kitchen and putting my contamination control skills to work.
Pros
half price lunches, health benefits, excellent hours
Cons
complication with a coworker