Deluxe Corporation

Deluxe Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
great local culture in Waterloo. motivated and hard-working teams. very technology focused. part of a much larger org. in the US but mostly autonomous.
Terrible place to work, was hired from Toronto for my skill set then after training everyone was let go for no reason other than giving my job to one there friends. The nepotism and favoritism is unbelievable
Pros
No pros
Cons
Terrible culture and management does not have an understanding of the industry
Deluxe has been on of the amazing places to work in. If given a chance again, I would surely join the team. The environment is super friendly there and everyone is amazing at whatever they do.
Deluxe is undergoing a major change in philosophy with a new CEO. Going from an entirely balance sheet driven culture to one that recognizes employees more. Currently a lot of changes going on.
Employees at Deluxe can expect to be empowered to deliver, and are celebrated for their work ethic and innovation. Since the company is more than 100 years old, it is currently in transition between the old way of doing things and the new way.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Unclear objectives
Pros

It's a Multicultural work place and really fun to work.Many long term employees.Recognition and more responsibility for valued staff

Cons

Changes happen but they take some time
- Design unique logos for various customers around the world.
- Ability to process instructions from the client in combination with project manager comments to ensure client expectations are met.
Deluxe used to be an amazing place to work. Over the last few years their focus has changed from employees to money. A lot of perks have been taken away from employees, and the benefits are not that great. You are only just a number to this company, and not an individual human being. They used to really care about their employees, and managers knew their jobs and were able to help. Now you can walk in off the street with no payroll knowledge, and you were not expected to learn about it either.
A typically in Deluxe Corporation that i love are serious and exactly time. When I have worked for Deluxe Corporation, I have learned about how are employees and management work, their agility when they start time to work, also, I have learned how well they are in a team. The hardest part since I worked in Deluxe were getting food in a frozen room and the most enjoyable part of job are made and learnt how to make food that i have never made.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I enjoy working here could be paid more for the amount of work that they ask you to do but what can do about it
Fast and every quick lunches but workers arent treat with respect
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Expects you to do double the work for little pay
This is a great place to work, for the rest of us it should be avoided like the plague. Management doesn't understand what it takes to be successful, and spends its time and resources running from fire to fire without every solving anything. When decisive leadership is needed, they are nowhere to be found; if however its an inconsequential decision they can't be involved enough. This is by far the most incompetent bunch i've ever had the displeasure of working with.
Pros
Personal development is encouraged
Cons
Everything else
very few hours. extremely un-clean. very poorly managed. was not trained for WHMIS. Employees/employer did not follow food safety regulations what so ever. My last name was mispelled 3 different times on my pay stubs.
Deluxe was my first job while I was still in school. It is a very fast [aced environment where I learned how to multi-task and bring my personable attitude to use with the customers and my co-workers. To this day the Manager (who has now moved up to owning his own Company) is still in contact with me and has become a Family friend. He taught me that hard work never goes unnoticed and to always work as though your Manager was over your shoulder. The hardest part of the job at the time was balancing work and school, as I am motivated by money and worked full time while attending school. The most enjoyable part of the job was the time flew as it was always so busy. Also getting deals on the fish and chips was pretty great as well:)
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Working every weekend while attending school
The amount of work expected out of everyone is absurd. Angry clients are given false information when it comes to packages, prices, additional fees and turnaround time. At least the pay and benefits were very good. No chance for advancement in the company or changing positions/gaining more responsibilities. Also most employees are expected to "help out" with other departments which basically means do 2-3 jobs at once all the time. Understaffed.
Pros
paid 1 hour lunch, good benefits, good pay, coworkers are fun
Cons
very stressful, clients are horribly rude, impossible to take vacations
a typical day at work i would work cash or supervise and work kitchen most nights, friends with most of my co-workers. i would also count the cashes on the nights that i supervise.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
All night shifts, Split shifts
Everyday was busy at Deluxe I never got a break, I loved my co workers but the hardest part of working there was leaving. Most enjoyable time at work was Christmas time when we could ware Santa hats.
It's one of those companies where it's a family oriented type. Where everyone knows one another and gets along. Everyone works hard.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No raise
Although I have had complications with very few coworkers, overall I have had a great time working at the cash register, cleaning the garbage holders, filling the condiments, cooking in the kitchen, doing general cleaning in the dining area. I have learned to handle customer demands, assemble customer orders quickly. I enjoyed working in the kitchen and putting my contamination control skills to work.
Pros
half price lunches, health benefits, excellent hours
Cons
complication with a coworker