Delta Security and Safety Services Employee Reviews

Good
SecurityGuard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2018
I got very bored working at the same place all the time, and I asked to go to a different place, which I was nervous to do because my other job almost fired me for asking for a change. But this company always gives me more freedom to choose my favorite places to work, and the lady who I talk to about my Schedule is always so nice. They pay me a little more than my last job too
Pros
Very flexible
Best team!
Security (Current Employee) –  Mississauga19 June 2018
This is my best job in Canada! My manager helps with me better than any other company, and i can work lots or little if i want

If my manager not help with me so much, i don't eat! Very happy to have good work here

It is like any security job but i pay more and good manager
Pros
good work, good hour
Good Company
Uniform Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
This company ok- better than average. No other benefits like G4S, GardaWorld, Primary Response.

After wage increase, they deny me to increase mine as it was already at minimum even though my quality of service better than most.

Supervisors are ok.

Job is more risky than typical security job. You are alone all shifts. Overall good company- pick own shifts.
Typical LP Job, but Great Company
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
I've only worked at 2 LP companies, but this one was the best. This one they actually provided a very significant amount of hands on training for new staff - at the other company (I won't say any names), they just had a sink or swim attitude and didn't pay for breaks, whereas here, even after your training there is always someone to call if you have questions. Good pay (for this industry at least), and super flexible schedules were nice (i'm a student). I mainly worked near Mississauga where i live, and they always helped make sure I didn't have to go to far to find as many hours as i want.

I dont know all the supervisors, but mine was was strict, but kind. she was very straightforward and no-bs, but also super helpful
Pros
Flexible scheduling, paid breaks, friendly coworkers
Cons
Stressful
One of the worst companies to work for
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
No benefits.
Unpaid theory training. (ridiculous)
Always get your pay wrong to benefit the company; also for some reason the company that has deducted the most tax in a pay check. (feels like they are doing some tax fraud)
No training on equipment available ex:CCTV, handcuffing.
Always alone for every situation there is no team to support you in case anything goes south.
Also one of the worst companies when it comes to competitive pay. They want unexpirieced guards to take advantage of them.

With no efficient hands on training only theory, the stores you work at expect you to get all the shoplifters they see. If you don't they will start complaining to management or simply say to them they don't want you back in the store.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Work environment, training, pay
company on the rise
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON19 September 2017
Owner is great. very well educated and cares about his employees. Had the pleasure of working here at a young age where I gained a lot of life and work experience.
This company. Is awesome love it
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto soon hope Mississauga9 September 2017
I love. This company one of the best I have worked for would recommend. It to any one mangers are helpful let you know what needs to be worked on and to better your self no pressure
Pros
Great Hours great people to work for
Cons
Noting
Valuable Career Experience
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
I worked at Delta Security and Safety Services full-time for more than 3 years. The difference was night and day from my previous loss prevention company.

Good:
The best thing for me was that this is fantastic experience for my long term career goals. I want to get into policing, and loss prevention turned out to be one of the best entry-level jobs to get a feel for what it might be like and gain useful experience. Scheduling was very flexible (I got full time during the summer, and they worked around my classes during the semester), and even though you work independently most of the time, my managers made themselves very available if I had any issues - good, positive attitudes all around. Most other staff seemed to be genuinely interested in their work - not too much of that workplace cynicism that you always find in office jobs.

Bad:
The only reason I left was because the maximum amount you can make working in loss prevention short of being a member of management is less than what I am ultimately am looking for, even though it definitely paid better than my last loss prevention job. This company seems to hire mainly internally for management positions, and several of my coworkers have moved up during my time, but it's competitive - for me, it is better to use this job as a stepping stone into a public sector career. The only reason I rated compensation well is because it paid well for a part time student job that would actually accommodate my schedule.
Pros
Very supportive management, flexible scheduling
Bad Managements and Benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Learned nothing important, management is horrid, Co-workers aren't bad but you're usually alone anyways. Nothing enjoyable or hard. Typical day at work would be standing around.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Management / Pay