DELTA SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Great working environment, horrible HR department
Grades 5, 6 and 7 Classroom Teacher (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC25 March 2019
Anything to do with teaching in the district is great. Very progressive, helpful colleagues and supportive coordinators. Great opportunities for Professional Development, and supportive union environment on the whole. Cannot trust the HR department and their payroll office. Many mistakes made over the years, with a few exceptionally big ones. Very limited accountability on their end, with blame put on employees directly.
Pros
Salary, benefits, Pro-d opportunities, employee support
Cons
HR dept is incompetent, unreliable, and very unfriendly to teachers.
Challenging and Rewarding
Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC1 March 2018
Great career if you like working with youth. The staff is amazing and you are always learning. The high ups however, don't seem to stay connected with the people that do the real work and it can become frustrating
Pros
rewarding
Cons
challenging
Great and welcoming atmosphere
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC16 November 2017
Kids were great and fun to play with. Keeping everything organized was troublesome at times but worked out. Other leaders were welcoming and made the kids days more active. Sometimes the kids wouldn't listen and we had to cop in different ways to get them into it.
Pros
have fun
Cons
Kids will not listen sometimes
A fantastic ever changing, never boring atmosphere to work in
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC30 April 2017
I never knew how the mood of the student would be any given day so I really enjoyed the challenge of it all.

I learnt a lot about myself and how much I truly invested in each and every student, teacher, parent and co-worker.

The hardest part I felt of the job was having to leave at the end of the day. It never seemed like there was enough time.

I think the most enjoyable part of the job was when all of a sudden a student understood something they had been struggling with or broke way past what their goals or expectations had been.
Pros
The smiles on the faces of the students
Cons
Not enough resources at times or too many students not enough time
A multi tasked clerical position with many interruptions throughout the day.
On call Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC20 November 2012
Enjoy the variety and working with the children. The district has had many budget cut backs, so would prefer a more permanent part time position.