Delta Hotels

Delta Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada185 reviews
the people i worked with were amazing you could not ask for a better work team then the one i had they were awsome and friendly
i could not ask for a better place to work
Pros
great people
Cons
Great starting place in the hotel industry to grow your skill set and are empowered to share ideas to meet common goals. Fun team with lots of perks!
Pros
Food, Treats, Training
Cons
Strict dress code
Great place to work.Positive environment ,friendly and helpful management and staff.Shared work loads.Easy interdepartmental communications.Hands on upper management.
Pros
Free swimming and work out facility's
Cons
Some times hours are not there.
I learn a lot in this position, It's a good environment, someday hard work but you have the support of your team. The wage I feel low because we have a lot of responsibilities.
The staff are fantastic. Always a great environment. Clean. Management is ready and willing to listen and take corrective action of items if needed. It's a good place to work.
Work week enders that is very busy day.
Mostly check outs, You have to be in good spirits and aware and of every situations. But after the shift thanks GOD. I'm going home with satisfaction.
People who works there are very kind and available to support you. They have good resources for the workplace, but growing opportunities are very very limited.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Salary
Amazing training, great working culture. If needed time off very accommodating. The HR department is ran very professional . They have theme lunches and party to boost moral with all the departments.
This work is very movable, a bit hard but in the same time is fun.
however the salary is no reasonable to hard work.

The work enviroment is good and the workers are nice and they works hard
It maybe ironic to say that working as a room attendant is relaxing given that you have to do a job that requires physical effort. But what I mean is this job helped me take away my stress from my other job through cleaning. Seeing a dirty room and turning it to a nice, fresh and cozy place is just so satisfying. All of the staff (manager, supervisors, and co-workers ) at the Delta Hotel in Downtown Calgary are so helpful, understanding and fun to work with. Hopefully I can get get back to work with them again.
Delta was an amazing place to work. Guests, fellow employees as well as supervisors were all very friendly and understanding. I enjoyed the stress free but also fast paces environment.
Stayed for about a month. The first time I was cleaning rooms in my life, they seemed patient during my first week of training. From the second week I could barely take my break-time because someone would always be questioning my time or pace. When I left I was cleaning around 12 rooms a day, they wanted me to improve to 16 but didn't really seem to be willing to wait for me to adapt. Quit the job with a minor back injury and now I'm much less stressed!
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Supervisors may be too demanding even if you are still learning
I enjoyed working at this hotel and would recommend to anyone for great work experience.
The benefits and the salary is quite decent. I have the option to work part-time or full time and I am able to get shifts that are convenient to my schedule.
The kitchens are a mess super under staffed but wont replace staff who

left so i person does the work of 4 people and its expected of you

This place is toxic. Even the main chef is off on stress leave
Delta hotels are one of the best hotels in the city. I heard really good things about working in a prestigious hotel like Delta and they were right. The hotel is full of amazing people and hard working professionals.
not the ideal place to work there is a lot of work but very little salary this would work out well for a kid who's just look to make some money on the side
Pros
Cons
long hours small pay
wonderful workplace, Awesome benefits. its been a smooth transition and they will accept you for who you are. they will also help you to grow and very accommodating.
The delta property is owned by the hudson bay company but do not hire thier own property management persons so as an employee of the delta you are also entitled to property maintenance which i think is a riop off
Pros
Cons
Everything As maintenance personel it’s impossible the amount of work they expect from you.
Come be yourself great place to work always areas to grow
Pay great always something to do

Some staff members are good and friendly

Some not friendly
Pros
Alot of work
Cons
This place was a terrible to work at. if your at the lower rung of the latter prepare to be treated like badly on top of all that the pay was garbage for the work that you had to do.
The Delta banquets and catering is almost like a family based place to work. Everyone always makes you feel comfortable and you dont have to be afraid to ask any questions . Its a face paced environment but you get use to it right away. [ well i did ] I would refer this job to many many people just because its a place where you can grow and move up in the business and everyone helps everyone