Delta Controls

Delta Controls Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
Growing in Company Maturity
Delta Controls offers a good work culture. Processes, professionalism, and strategic growth and mindset are developing more and more since the acquisition by Delta Electronics in 2016.
Good people, management, culture, but attracts workaholics. Bad pay.
Delta Controls has a lot going for it. The people are excellent. The company is generally well managed. It has a good culture and people are kind and polite. It is a very stimulating work environment and my role was very hands on, and at times it was a lot of fun.

However, lots of workaholics work at Delta Controls. Crunch times are bad and people work themselves to the bone. The pay is the worst part....it's terrible for what is expected from you, and in my role there was very little opportunity for advancement or the opportunity to earn more money. They are very reluctant to pay overtime so any extra hours are banked and taken as paid time off, but then actually getting days off can be challenging. There was no way I could work a 2nd job.

They say they train people, but in my department there was no structured training at all. You get paired up with an experienced person and you learn by watching and asking questions. There are no learning objectives stated and no evaluation of learning. If you can learn and become productive that way than great, but the turnover in our department was a little high since some just didn't make it and they have high expectations of productivity.

If you are the kind of person who mostly wants a career that takes up most of your time and energy, and pay isn't really that important to you, than you'll be very happy at Delta. You'll work with great people in a well managed, stimulating workspace. The coffee is good. The gym and fitness programs are great. The benefits are great too. It's in a good location too but... I just don't get why
 - more...
Management is lacking
The work environment is very two faced, management makes mistakes and then uses it employees as scape coats to pass the blame on. Also there are many slow periods where there is not enough work.
This company is outdated
I'm surprised this place operates because the impression I got from them is that innovation is hard to come by. Just look at where this company is located. Outdated company that doesn't have much room for growth. You'd have to have no standards to want to work here.
Not the best place to work but not the worst
I worked here for many years in production. It was better before the company grew exponentially. I got a new job and left before the china buyout. Apparently it changed into an even worse pressure cooker of personalities. People were cliquey. Management was back biting at times. You are really better off to just keep your nose out of everything and just put your time in.

Work can be repetitive which is either good or bad based on what you prefer. They are really trying to move towards automation as much as they can or get the work done in china as much as possible before assembly in canada. Most parts come from china. Assembling in canada means they can still claim to be a canadian company. I think they base quota numbers off of these numbers as some of them are very unrealistic.

Yes there is a gym but it is mostly used by management and the offices who have flex time. Work is usually 7:30 to 4. Half hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks.There is a kitchen upstairs which is nice. Benefits aren't bad per se. It is on a bus route if you need it. Tim hortons is next door.

Overall I would give it a 6 out of 10 as a company to work for. Stressful times are very stressful. Product development and production had a lot of bad communication at times. It is hard to sit and not move much for hours on end. In my time there, coworkers paid attention to others bathroom breaks which felt very weird to see and hear. Although generally good natured, the people were very gossipy. It is hard to fit in socially unless you know someone there.

As always, choose wisely how you want to
 - more...
Friendly workplace
The workplace here is very friendly, most of the management are willing to work with you if personal time is required off. The most enjoyable part of my job is troubleshooting users issues.
Fantastic Place to Work
Typical days were busy but not stressful; I learned to work individually and on teams, and management was fantastic. Welcoming workplace culture. Really recommend.
Pros
Choose your lunch break
Its a rewarding job experience with lots of challenges and support
A growing company that has a family feel that isn't so big that you feel like a number but is big enough to drive change in our industry which has some formidable companies in it.
There is a lot of autonomy to do your job but you are also given the support you need to get it done. You feel like your opinion counts and is listened too and not just swept under the rug.

There is a ton of pressure to grow since recently being acquired but you get the sense that everyone is on board and doing their part to keep the ship going in the right direction.
Pros
Get to work with some of the best people in the industry
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Delta Controls?
Very nice workplace and have access to fitness center in the company building
It is very repetitive but nice co-workers and helpful managers. I like pizza and chicken lumch because I get to talk to some of my coworkers and learn on what's going on in the company.
Awesome Place
Great place to work. Although there is a little bit of office politics and gossip, as long as you stay away with from it you should be OK.
My previous manager (retired) was amazing in helping with my growth within the company, including education.
Uncertainty ahead...
I had worked at this company for over 6 years and loved it.There was very few days where I didn't want to go to work. However...

Some of the management team is quite dysfunctional and the overall management structure doesn't put the employees interests first. The company is struggling with growth and employee attraction.

Last May, 2016 the company was sold to an oversees company. This transition has put more stress on the company as the need to grow big and fast is now right at the front.

The culture of the company WAS great but has declined over the past several years. Several of positions do not have the right employee fit and this causes tension within the company and specific teams.

This company is changing and not for the better. Do your research and make sure that you know what you are getting out of it. The company will not grow you, you have to do it on your own.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No growth opportunities, no employee investment
Good overall work experience
Over the course of that summer I learned a lot about work flow and the importance of teamwork to accomplish tasks. The hardest part of the job was having to do a very repetitive task that was very tedious.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Long Hours and early mornings
Excellent work life balance
Lots of knowledgable and experienced staff.

Employees always willing to transfer knowledge to the junior or less experienced engineers.

Management is very understanding.

Coming to work was a pleasure.

Always work available.
Pros
Company
Cons
Salary
Very productive at all times. Every day is a great day with great co-workers.
I am still currently working with this company. I like it because I am good at it and I can also take my work home and work from home. Everyone works well together at this company and everyone has a great attitude. We all help each other and nobody gets frustrated with one another. If there is something someone needs help with we help. It is a big company and its hustle and bustle which I like because it keeps the day going and there is always something to be done. I am great with people and a very positive person. I have learned many things from this company and from working as an moa at medical offices.
Pros
Everything is a pro with this company...its a great company
Cons
N/a
Friendly co-workers and management; Great Work Environment
I find Delta Controls to be a great place to work. Relaxed schedules, friendly management and co-workers, and good benefits. You won't lose the job unless you're bad at what you do, or simply don't do it. Overall, very satisfied with this place.