Delta Bingo and Gaming Employee Reviews

Great - If They Like You
Runner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 June 2019
Loved the job, fairly easy to get a hang of. Customers were sometimes impatient but overall really nice and wonderful. Sometimes hard to keep track of which nights have which special prizes.

Management however can be very two-faced. Kept getting praised over and over, until a few days before my probation period ended and it suddenly was not a "good fit" for me.

Zero warnings, zero talks to say I need improvement anywhere, nothing to indicate whatsoever that I may not make it past my three months probation. Scheduled to learn a new position then let go just days before the training began.

I honestly loved the job, and really enjoyed the people I worked with. I am absolutely devastated and appalled to have been let go so suddenly with no warning whatsoever when everything seemed so fantastic.
Pros
Great coworkers, wonderful customers
Cons
Two-faced management
Good first job
Runner (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON22 April 2019
Worked here a long time ago for my very first job. Easy role to carry out. Not super demanding or difficult. Decently fast paced environment. Decent staff.
Omg
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON8 April 2019
Worst job, other employees talking behind your back, if you don't fit in the click. Most of the employees are mean. Management is mean and nasty to employees.
Cons
Pretty on the outside, Not so much on the inside
Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2019
When I first started everything was good, I liked most of the people, management was alright and clientele were serviceable. However, after some time there, I observed management showing a lot of favoritism, schedule was always sporadic, and quite a few of the employees created unnecessary drama. Clientele are very selfish, entitled, rude; but there are a few gems. Only good thing was the pay. All in all just don't work here, the novelty of working at a bingo hall wears off pretty quick.
Pros
Good tips
Horrible
Runner (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 February 2019
Every time I go to work I feel like I’m standing on thin ice. I just get there and havent started and I’m already being yelled at to get on the floor or I’ll be “written up”. I’m very quiet usually, so I won’t speak much but I will still do my job, and I once didn’t call “last call for cash outs” loud enough and I got written up for it. Like who does that? If they call you on your day off to try and get you to come in but you can’t they make you feel guilty and uncomfortable, I stopped answering my phone to them. I am belittled and threatened every single time I go into work. Not to mention fellow employees treat me differently just because I’m younger than all of them and it really irritates me
Pros
Cons
Delta Bingo
Horrible.
Snack Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 February 2019
The managers belittle you. Afraid to stand up for yourself or the managers will write you up. No one knows how to schedule you. Probably one of the worst places I've worked. I literally don't get days off and if you call in sick or don't come in to help them out the managers will make you feel uncomfortable. Employees are awesome this is why I stick around. But managment is slowly Waring me down to the point where I hate working there.
Pros
Good Co workers
Cons
Stressful, horrible customers, managment is horrible.
it could have been a worse place to work
Card Seller/Floor Runner Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2019
the position i maintained at delta bingo really was as to be expected when working in the gambling industries it was very busy fast passed with a lot of angry customers who are in a hurry to get rich quick. but overall was not a horrible place to work there was no was to further my career as they had plans for shut down many years before it actually did finally close down due to lack of business.
customer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2018
enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people, the hardest part of the job is dealing with customer that are very rude and wont listen to you , ####7777
Pros
tips
Cons
mix hours
Caller (Current Employee) –  Brampton26 November 2018
Look forward to going to work love the customers they all like family also the staff company is excellent also and schedules are always made early and very flexible
Pros
Great people
Cons
Gong to my full time job completely different from delta
awesome job enviroment
Runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2018
you are treated like family at this establishment, they care about their employees and treat them as such, I loved working there. plus the money was decent
Difficult customer service
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
While my time there was some time ago, I would imagine the customer base hasn't much changed. During my time they were pushy, rude and very impatient. Making for a stressful time during work hours. I wouldn't recommenced this line of work to anyone struggling with anxiety disorders as you can easily be overwhelmed during peak hours.
Excellent place to work.
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 October 2018
Great place to work, fun and fast paced. Everyone is very friendly and training is extensive and includes everything you need to know. The best place I have ever worked.
Cashier
Cashier/Runner (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 September 2018
I love working for them. I lean alot from working they. I would loved to stay but I had a baby. So there is nothing bad that I could say. I do go and play they now.
fun place to work
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 September 2018
worked in snack bar was alright had fun with other co workers can become very busy at times you need to be an organized person and have good listening skills
Drama Club
Snack Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON1 July 2018
Quite a few of the staff were related and quite happy to stand around and gossip while a select few actually worked.
Customers are quite aware of the large turnover in staff and were sure to share their reasons why... as always, the customer is usually right. The hiring sign is up on a pretty consistent basis.
Most customers were awesome and I really enjoyed working there but management ended up being the reason why I left.
Cons
Management, Supervisors, Gossip
N/a
Runner, bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON19 June 2018
working for delta bingo where do I start, delta bingo I will say was an ok job. I enjoyed the customers I met each and everyday. I found to much responsibility was laid onto the employees that I found unfair. overall it was a good job if u like and can handle the daily drama.
Can be fun but not always
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 June 2018
Working at Delta was a great first job. When I first started I loved the environment and meeting new people. This job is not a place to build a career. I proved myself to be a reliable employee and in turn found I was always the one picking up the slack from those who didn’t do their job productively. I also found there was a lot of drama all the time.
Pros
Treated like family by some
Cons
Good work never acknowledged when going above and beyond your duties
Ok
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2018
Company taught me a lot. Lots of responsibility and good networking connections. Staff work ok together and the customers are always great. Lots of people stay with the company for long periods of time.
Fun place to work, competent management, friendly employees.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON17 May 2018
Delta bingo was a good place to work. Co-workers we're overall friendly and management was kind. Customers were often difficult but the employer understands this. Some favoritism when an underperforming employee was not reprimanded due to a personal relationship with the manager.
Pros
Fun, friendly, great tips
Cons
Favoritism, angry customers
bad company owned
runner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
I think delta bingo could be ran a little bit better by management I think that when running a company I think that if someone asked for a transfer that if they don't want to that they can say that they can't and say if you wanna apply at another site they can try delta bingo management does not care about anything but the money coming in..im a player as an ex worker for delta I have been in the business for about 23 year and in my year I have to say customer should be respected
Pros
it an enjoyable game
Cons
pour staffed