Deloitte
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Review

Stagnant

Not a fan at all; some colleagues are supportive however I have seen individuals get promoted who should not have been without proper education and overall experience and people who have both who cannot grow with the company. As someone with an HR background, the HR department when it comes to how and where they operate on the recruiting side, it is in an extreme level of help and thus the issues I previously mentioned. I absolutely think unnecessary stress exists at work for no good reason; the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing and the growth opportunities I thought would be available are just not there overall. The good news is that upper management is responsive but only when you voice things out. I find the benefit package is decent and the building itself is beautiful. If you’re looking for a paycheck and not for a great culture I recommend this place; otherwise if growth, good culture and supportive staff is important to you I’d recommend staying away.

Pros

Good building and benefit package

Cons

Terrible overall operations

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Working at Deloitte has been a great learning experience. The fast-paced and dynamic work environment helps you develop unique skills. The individuals you work with are all highly motivated and very hardworking. In such an environment you never stop learning and developing as a professional. Additionally, you get the opportunity to work on clients across various industries while still having the opportunity to specialize in an area / industry of interest.
Same roleSame location

Horrible work environment!

Horrible work environment that promote competition between the teammates and not collaboration. Senior managers deal arrogantly with employees as slaves and when things does not work well because of their bad plan, the blaming game and pointing fingers starts . It is very hard to pass any new ideas or to be treated with respect by the senior managers! It is very hard to make friends or enjoy going to work with this bloody environment! I would never recommend this place to any one! I regret accepting the offer to work there!

Pros

good compenstation

Cons

Long hours, unexpected work over the long weekends, politics and connections are everything if you want to survive in this environment!
Same location

Toxic environment at Toronto office

Promotion based on favoritism, extreme workload, partners usually do not care if you need help - just get the job done. No pay for extra hours. Colleagues are friendly and willing to help, but they are all stressed out and busy too. Little to no salary raise, pay is below the market. Huge turnover in the past few years.

Pros

Learning, exposition to multiple clients and industries

Cons

Long hours, stressful environment, toxic, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement