Deloitte

Canada553 reviews

Found 553 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,070 reviews
firmbalancepartnerexposureprojectconsultcultureaudit

Hard hours

Big firms have high expectations and work mentality Pressure from the top to deliver work within a delay can make for longer hours than normally would be paid for

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Low pay

Amazing company

It was my dream company to work with. Best work culture and benefits. The management is really helpful and understand with life balance. Basically does on your team

Insights into Deloitte

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Slow paced at times

Boring at times. Client doesn't really know what they want. Ton of year end pressure. Leadership won't take ideas from lower level. Very cliquey and micromanagement.

Continuous learning and always a challenging place to work for.

Fast paced environment and professional people to work with. Continuous learning and always a challenging place to work for. Busy season expect to work more than 8 hrs

Wonderful people and amazing company to work for. I can easily say Deloitte was one of the best employers that I ever had. Very flexible and always promote work life balance.

Pros

Culture, Work-life balance, flexible

Cons

Great team culture, although work life balance sometimes lacked

Was a great place to start my career. The people were great. Deadline culture wore on employees and burnout was a high factor. Would recommend to somone who is looking for this.

Good for experience and learning, bad for work life balance/meaningful work

I think this job can be great for new grads to get their foot in the door and gain some good experience and knowledge while getting their CPA. I am a bit older and come from a different background and found the work life balance to be a problematic. Most of my colleagues are really great however, which I think is the only reason I have been able to stick it out. Hours are long and the work can be tedious with little sense of achievement or value add.

not bad, great place to grow

Good place to grow but the work life balance can get insanely bad, especially during busy season. Good place to start a carreer, bad place to end a carreer

Good place to learn and grow

Tons of opportunities to learn and grow within the organization. You work with a lot of smart people that help you become better. Total rewards are average, definitely not amazing though compared to industry.

Good experience. Smart people

Challenging work environment. You'll learn a lot. Everyone is smart and ambitious. Projects are interesting. Opportunity to get lots of varied experiences.

Great on your resume. No work life balance

Doesn’t matter what team you work for. Expect to be on the clock all the time.The only upside is once you put in the time and you’re ready to leave, the company makes you plenty more marketable

Pros

Engaging work and intelligent co-workers

Cons

Long hours, severely underpaid

Bad place for middle management

Donot join if you are a middle management and have aspirations to grow. Poor growth. Lot of politics. Talent is too biased against managers. Poor talent at low levels and if you report against them then Talent (HR) goes after managers.

Marketing Manager

My leader was not a leader. She was more concerned about her well being. Lack of mentor skill and organizational skills. I would be constantly begging for work. Never supplied any from her my co-worker would give me things to do. My so call buddy that I teamed up with cancel over 60 % of my meeting with her. Old school thinking don't care to help new employees. Toronto office cold and not very friendly.

Productive and fun

Great job great people just the pay needs to be supplemented by another job in order to survive. Raises are a thing of the past. It’s a great first job to have but you’ll need another one and with the hours it’s hard to find something that will work with it

Good place to start your career

Working at any big 4 you will experience very fast pace environment with long hours and little to no credit to the work you do unless you are working with a good mentor.

Lots of work and learning opportunities, little pay and don't feel valued

Fast paced and provided learning opportunities. Very individualistic culture where you have to look out for yourself or no one else will, regardless of what they tell you.

They are the best

I would not hesitate to go back to work for them, this company uses the latest and best technologies available on the market.Work life balance is a priority for the company.

Toxic environment at Toronto office

Promotion based on favoritism, extreme workload, partners usually do not care if you need help - just get the job done. No pay for extra hours. Colleagues are friendly and willing to help, but they are all stressed out and busy too. Little to no salary raise, pay is below the market. Huge turnover in the past few years.

Pros

Learning, exposition to multiple clients and industries

Cons

Long hours, stressful environment, toxic, low pay

Good place to learn

Great place to learn and develop. Opportunities always present for those who take the initiative. Plenty of roles to take on for broad experience and exposure to responsibilities otherwise hard to come by.

Pros

Great stretch assignments

Stagnant

Not a fan at all; some colleagues are supportive however I have seen individuals get promoted who should not have been without proper education and overall experience and people who have both who cannot grow with the company. As someone with an HR background, the HR department when it comes to how and where they operate on the recruiting side, it is in an extreme level of help and thus the issues I previously mentioned. I absolutely think unnecessary stress exists at work for no good reason; the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing and the growth opportunities I thought would be available are just not there overall. The good news is that upper management is responsive but only when you voice things out. I find the benefit package is decent and the building itself is beautiful. If you’re looking for a paycheck and not for a great culture I recommend this place; otherwise if growth, good culture and supportive staff is important to you I’d recommend staying away.

Pros

Good building and benefit package

Cons

Terrible overall operations

Solid experience as a summer intern with the firm. Would recommend to anyone as you can learn a lot and meet a lot of really smart people while enjoying your summer!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement