Deloitte Employee Reviews

Drinking from a firehose
National Media Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
There is nothing quite like working for Deloitte. What an experience! You will be challenged, for sure, and while there are immediate rewards, I think the most valuable reward lies in the body of knowledge you carry with you. Lots of strong personalities, though, which is reflected in the pace and style of the firm. That said, there's a reason Deloitte is the top professional services firm!
Para role
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 June 2018
Overall, the employees at Deloitte are dedicated; work hard and play hard. The hardest part of accepting this job is the nonstop quest of business operations management trying to find and change the para role, I heard it is due to the nature of the practice and trying to incorporate and globalize other Deloitte firms called One Firm or something to that effect, bottom line is saving money really and to be more sustainable!!! It is good to learn new procedures, processes and meeting a variety of people, but I think they need to stop. We are currently in our second wave of change and no idea when it will end. It doesn’t resonate the ideal job due to nonstop changes and unable to grasp relationship with partners. We are losing good members because of it.
Pros
good people
Cons
lack of salary increase
Great career advancement. No work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2018
Everyone is a machine. Everyone who stays only cares about promotion and not their personal health or life. If you are eager and want to push your career, the Leadership will be supportive. Otherwise, not many people will care about you.
Great people, minus management
Case Manager, Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Management here is absolutely awful and any attempting to apply needs to be wary of the fact there is no communication between managers who almost 100% of the time will tell you opposing instructions and irrespective of that, you will find yourself in trouble. There is very little room for growth as management simply does not care for your advancement. You are overworked (expected to stay well past 10 PM) and given very little in return minus your manager telling you that is not enough.
Fabulous!!
Tax Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON5 June 2018
Absolutely fabulous place to work. The staff and coworkers are amaxing and they really help to get to progress in your education and your knowledge is improved just by a few months there. I highly recommend Deloitte
Deloittte
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 June 2018
Great place to work at and gain work experience
Great management who want to work with you to help improve your career. Great work environment and atmosphere
Great experience, good culture, interesting work
Manager - Strategy and Operations Consulting (Current Employee) –  London29 May 2018
Good variety of projects. Great place grow and develop as a management consultant. Often need to travel for work which can be a challenge but also interesting.
Company has reorganized and it is not positive
Paraprofessional - Global Employer Services (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 May 2018
Most employees not happy. Management is very good with employees, but they are not happy with the reorganization either. I am glad for the last 6 years but time to move on.
Great place to work - highly recommended
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2018
Deloitte is the leader within what was once the accounting industry, but has become so much more. I have been with the firm for close to 5 years and am very happy. I am treated well, paid well and have a lot of flexibility with my work schedule. Senior management genuinely cares about retaining Talent and is very supportive. They routinely conduct surveys on employee experiences and are always looking for ways to improve. The larger offices include a fitness facility and café. The people are great also. Very friendly. Lots of opportunity to learn.
Pros
Pretty much most areas
Cons
Difficulty in advancement
Work hard play hard
Consultant - Oracle Technical (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2018
Expect long hours on client site and the expectation to work more at home or the hotel room.

The culture is to work hard and to play hard. So expect many social events, mostly centered around drinking, as networking is almost mandatory to survive.

Work is project based, so management style differs from project to project.
Good work environment.
Solution Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 May 2018
I enjoyed my work term at Deloitte. The team is dynamic and they provide a lot of support to younger analysts including training and mentoring which was very much appreciated.
Great staff and all are very helpful
Client Experience Professional (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL2 May 2018
No matter which department you go to there is always someone there that is willing to lend you a hand and help you out..if they can't help you then they will try and figure it out and send you to the best person who could help you. Everyone is equal no matter there nationality, race or gender.
Pros
they have a lot of staff outings and get togethers which are all fun
Good place to work and learn
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
Very good learning on processes, and place you can get exposure to various kind of work and play different roles.

You have opportunity to build good network
Good
Financial Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
Good but underpay.

Benefits was okay but can't compete with big 5 banks.

Work environment was good, flexible, good teamwork setting. Admin and IT support was great.
Hated every minute of working there
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2018
Poorly managed sweatshop with a corporate logo,
no one says hello to anyone in the company,
toxic work environment,
huge salary discrepancy for people doing the same position with the same title
Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
Located in the heart of downtown in Toronto, easy access to food court, GO and TTC. Lots of shopping store close at hand
Very modern enviornment
Busy.
Pros
Busy
Manager within Toronto Deloitte practice
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Fantastic learning opportunities to work in the consulting practice with Deloitte. The culture is very specific to the geography thus the Toronto office may differ significantly from the London (UK) office. Hours can be intense (typical hours 7 AM to 7 PM) on a demanding project or reasonable if between projects. Travel will depend on the industry you are aligned to and your level.
Cyber Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2018
A career at Deloitte has empowered me to customize my career path in Cyber Security. I worked with Deloitte for close to 3 years and it was simply amazing. It was my first job and I couldn't have asked for a better company.

The leadership is result oriented, hence demands quality deliverables. For the most part, I would say working there has taught me skills that are definitely applicable to any job moving forward and it really gave me the chance to rub shoulders with some extremely smart people who brought the best out of me. The diversity at Deloitte is just on an other level.

Deloitte is vested in the overall development of its employees. They have a lot of training programs to help its employees grow. I was lucky enough to be associated with Deloitte.
Pros
High Knowledge gain
Cons
Poor work-life balance
Great place to experience MNC culture
Assistant Manager, Clients and Markets (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Great workplace environment
sensible management system
good culture
effective communication
good exposure
open to new ideas
new HR initiatives
global focus
Pros
good exposure
Cons
Great work-life balance with focus on employee engagement and productivity
Assistant Manager - HR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2018
Deloitte is a great place to work as it focuses on improving Employee engagement and offers a great work life balance. I have enjoyed working here and at the same time learnt a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K