Delmar International Inc. Employee Reviews

Unprofessional HR team Delmar
Warehouse Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2019
I applied for position similar to my currently experience and the HR for Delmar asked for phone interview , then I was surprised to receive a call from HR to start an interview but for other different position !!
Really great place to work
Sales Operations &Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC18 March 2019
I've been working at Delmar for over 4 years now. The company has changed dramatically over that time and I find it really exciting to be in an organization that is constantly growing and evolving! My co-workers are amazing and my manager gives me flexibility and autonomy. It's the type of company where if you want to get ahead you have to work hard and prove yourself, but there's opportunity if you do!
Pros
Great people, growing company, family culture
Flexible, exactly what I need
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 February 2019
I'm in my first year at Delmar and could not be more happy with the move. I was looking for stability, growth and good people. I found all of them. I couldn't believe how many employees had been here 10, 15, even 20 years. Always a good sign. The company seems to really care about its people. I've seen the office grant an extra day off due to renovations. I've seen the office close early due to weather/commute concerns. I've seen themed evening events and summer BBQs. I've seen employees transfer to another office location because it suited them better.

If you have kids they're very understanding, allowing you to take the time you need, as long as you do the work required.
Pros
Fun people and understanding management
Cons
public transit isn't the greatest for the head office in Montreal
Very bad place to work
Ocean Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC31 January 2019
This is the worst manager I have dealt with. Lack of knowledge, no respect for the staff and her working hours were to be all day playing with her phone. The manager seemed to believe she owned a farm with slaves. Very bad treatment. The only option was to run away to escape that bully. Training was terrible and management useless. People there were nice, but they all felt miserable and hopeless.
Pros
Co workers were nice
Cons
All the rest.
Drama no COMMUNICATION at all. Horrible benefits and hours snd stupid.
Release Clerk / Rater (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2019
This place is a joke. Management sucks, they dont know how to communicate, they dont listen . They only care about themselves.. its drama there all two faced . The benefits are horrible and expensive, not worth it. The hrs suck too.
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad there. Especially the benefits and how u dont get shift premium and the hours.
Drama, unfairness, stress
Customs Rater (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2019
A lot if inequality, poor pay and hours, very busy (especially for the pay rate) which equals a lot of stress! So much drama that goes on, I guess if you enjoy that sort of thing you might like it. You spend a lot of time on the phone arguing with drivers/dispatch due to the high volume.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Pretty much everything
Toxic environment
Customs Rater (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 December 2018
If you want drama constantly and feel underappreciated then work at Delmar. Most of the people there are fine, if they keep you. There is favoritism and overall terrible management who don't bother to hear employees concerns or bother to respect anyone who isn't management.
Pros
Some people there are great
Cons
Drama, toxic people, judgemental, poorly managed
A great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2018
Delmar is a great place to work. Everyone is very nice and I feel supported with all of my work. We have a lot of happy customers and that is a good feeling.
Pros
excellent social commitee
Cons
no breaks
Poor
Broker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 March 2016
If you like drama, unstable environment and you have a lack of knowledge and thrive on gossip then this is the place to work. At a drop of hat they can let you go with absolutely no knowledge. Management is horrible all the way around. The hardest part of the job was waitng for the shift to end. The easiest part of the job was going home.
Pros
It got you out of the house
Cons
HORRIBLE all they way around