Delmar International Inc.

Delmar International Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
A good company to work for
It's been few months I have been working for Delmar. My manager and including all the team mates have a very positive attitude and are helpful. I was provided excellent training for two weeks and my manager was so open to all the questions I had.
Consistent schedule and a good job/work life balance. Benefits start after six months.

overall a great place to work. one can be happy working here.
Pros
good atmosphere, great coworkers, consistent schedule
Cons
an hour lunch unpaid
Best place for work for ones carrier growth
Amazing company to work for. A very healthy working environment. Managers are always willing to advise and assist when reached. The best part working here is that you are expected to do what you are hired for.
I left a ridiculously high-stress job and joined the Delmar team in November 2019. I have never been so impressed by a company's dynamic and operational procedures. Team meetings every week, everyone helps one another, management isn't belittling to their staff when questions are asked.
I was immediately welcomed to the Sarnia office when I started, asking if I was interested in being a part of the holiday festivities they had already planned.

My day to day as a trainer and associate gets a little crazy at times, but I love it!

My boss is amazing and helpful despite her crazy daily feats, communication is always open between us, and I don't feel embarrassed to ask questions if I'm unsure. I am never made to feel like I'm "stupid," and I am always guided if the answer is difficult or unknown.

Brokerage can be stressful, regardless, especially with new implementations to the industry... but we work as a team, and get over the hurdles presented to us.

I found my niche and I am beyond thankful for the opportunity!
Productive, Helpful, Friendly Teams
Great Work/Job balance. Can be very busy at different times of the year. Management listens and is very helpful in any situation.
Schedules are flexible on start/finish times. Employees are all very helpful while learning your role.

Hardest part of job is it can get very hectic and there can be very tight deadlines with time sensitive documents. You need to be on top of your work and very aware of what is going on within your Team. If not it can lead to frustrations or lost paperwork leading to delays and additional financial costs.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the Team is very friendly and helpful. Social committee is always planning fun events for the teams. Great Perks after 1 year of employment.
It is a friendly environment.
It is a friendly environment. People are very nice and helpful you can always ask if you don't know anything. They offer overtime. It is a well-organized company.
Unprofessional and Liars
I did not do anything nor was there paperwork for anything to be "dissmissed" they have delayed my E.I which I might not even get now so I'll have to go to a lawyer. This was a lie to the government. It's sad how a company you work hard for treats you like this in the end. I would not work here as the manager is rude, and the team lead uses people for his advantage and wouldnt be where he is without doing so. Stay away. There are many other places that will treat you right
I have been working at the Windsor office for about 4 months now and it's been great so far. My manager provided excellent training and was adaptable to my learning style. Both management and coworkers are helpful and encourage me to ask the questions I need to learn the job effectively.

The work for this role is primarily reviewing electronic documents and data entry. It is repetitive work, in a comfortable office environment with a consistent schedule. The pay is commensurate with the work and competitive within the industry. Benefits start after 6 months.
Exhaustingly Difficult
From day one, the favoritism was extremely evident! Employees are pitted against each other with large pay disparities, shift bids and work loads. Where one person can do 10 entries a day (which is nothing) with out repercussion, another will do 30+ and be told they aren’t doing enough.
Highly qualified people will get minimum wage, while new people who lack experience will get much higher salaries!

The benefits are pathetic, they are extremely expensive for poor coverage (also mandatory and you don’t have a choice in the matter).

There is no work-life balance, if you aren’t putting the job first (ahead of family, kids, friends) you are basically put in the dog house!

Very poor training, even worse feedback.

There are some good people who work in the office don’t get me wrong, but there is just as many who make your work day go by very slowly due to the stress and drama.

I personally can’t wait to find a new job!
Pros
A couple of great employees
Cons
Pretty much everything else! Long hours, lots of stress and a ton of office politics!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Delmar International Inc.?
Easy going work environment
Supportive team
Goal oriented workplace.

Very knowledgeable team.

Training provided

There is a lot of opportunities and would recommend anyone working there
Pros
Positive workplace
Cons
No cons so far
Unprofessional HR team Delmar
I applied for position similar to my currently experience and the HR for Delmar asked for phone interview , then I was surprised to receive a call from HR to start an interview but for other different position !!
Really great place to work
I've been working at Delmar for over 4 years now. The company has changed dramatically over that time and I find it really exciting to be in an organization that is constantly growing and evolving! My co-workers are amazing and my manager gives me flexibility and autonomy. It's the type of company where if you want to get ahead you have to work hard and prove yourself, but there's opportunity if you do!
Pros
Great people, growing company, family culture
Flexible, exactly what I need
I'm in my first year at Delmar and could not be more happy with the move. I was looking for stability, growth and good people. I found all of them. I couldn't believe how many employees had been here 10, 15, even 20 years. Always a good sign. The company seems to really care about its people. I've seen the office grant an extra day off due to renovations. I've seen the office close early due to weather/commute concerns. I've seen themed evening events and summer BBQs. I've seen employees transfer to another office location because it suited them better.

If you have kids they're very understanding, allowing you to take the time you need, as long as you do the work required.
Pros
Fun people and understanding management
Cons
public transit isn't the greatest for the head office in Montreal
Very bad place to work
This is the worst manager I have dealt with. Lack of knowledge, no respect for the staff and her working hours were to be all day playing with her phone. The manager seemed to believe she owned a farm with slaves. Very bad treatment. The only option was to run away to escape that bully. Training was terrible and management useless. People there were nice, but they all felt miserable and hopeless.
Pros
Co workers were nice
Cons
All the rest.
Drama no COMMUNICATION at all. Horrible benefits and hours snd stupid.
This place is a joke. Management sucks, they dont know how to communicate, they dont listen . They only care about themselves.. its drama there all two faced . The benefits are horrible and expensive, not worth it. The hrs suck too.
Pros
Cons
Everything is bad there. Especially the benefits and how u dont get shift premium and the hours.
Drama, unfairness, stress
A lot if inequality, poor pay and hours, very busy (especially for the pay rate) which equals a lot of stress! So much drama that goes on, I guess if you enjoy that sort of thing you might like it. You spend a lot of time on the phone arguing with drivers/dispatch due to the high volume.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Pretty much everything
Toxic environment
If you want drama constantly and feel underappreciated then work at Delmar. Most of the people there are fine, if they keep you. There is favoritism and overall terrible management who don't bother to hear employees concerns or bother to respect anyone who isn't management.
Pros
Some people there are great
Cons
Drama, toxic people, judgemental, poorly managed
A great place to work
Delmar is a great place to work. Everyone is very nice and I feel supported with all of my work. We have a lot of happy customers and that is a good feeling.
Pros
excellent social commitee
Cons
no breaks
Poor
If you like drama, unstable environment and you have a lack of knowledge and thrive on gossip then this is the place to work. At a drop of hat they can let you go with absolutely no knowledge. Management is horrible all the way around. The hardest part of the job was waitng for the shift to end. The easiest part of the job was going home.
Pros
It got you out of the house
Cons
HORRIBLE all they way around