Dell Employee Reviews

a job work/life balance
Senior Regional Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 February 2018
salary is ok, however job security is bad and the management is lost the vision of future development, since the market is shifting from tradition SAN to cloud and virtualization, the company act slowly.
Nice place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON31 January 2018
Answering telephones, and directing customers to solve computer and peripheral troubles. I was empowered to sell contracts, take payments, and help customers fix any computer and equipment, lan, wan, or network problems, under an expired warrantee.
Pros
culture
Cons
Bus service was not ideal.
n/a
Senior Licensed Paralegal/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario24 January 2018
Prefer no response is provided - thanks for asking just the same. Judgement can be provided from those that are still employed with the company. Set back is company cuts
Fun experience
On-site Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2018
The best type of work I have ever come across, diagnosing and troubleshooting peoples problems over the phone and in person is a different experience and I made a success out of it.
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
Dell is a great place to work, only limited by being a subsidiary in Canada.
Had the opportunity to start at entry level Sales and am now a senior manager in Fiance
Exciting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 January 2018
This company provided great training and benefits. Furthermore i had worked along the top sales people in that company and it was an amazing opportunity to learn from the superiors and further my sales knowledge.
Pros
Cons
Kiosks
Grunt
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2017
I would struggle to think of any serious downsides to working at WaterAid other than some probably pretty unavoidable silos between the departments as whole, a natural situation for an organisation of its size and scope.
Dell
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  ON21 November 2017
It was a great place to work, Nice team and work environment,Opportunity to work with amazing coworkers who will become like family. Good learning experience.
Nice and very good colegues
Inside Sales Rep/ Demand Generation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Very nice place to work. Advising every one to try to get a job in Dell EMC.
Learning period very good, very good preparation for work.
A lot of possibility to grow inside and make a very good earning as + 100k.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
bad food
A place where I grew my experience and learned from a world class organization!
SR. SALES MANAGER, SMB (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
A place where I grew my experience and learned from a world class organization!

- Great training program
- A strong brand that made selling easier!
- Senior management is strong
Pros
Great training program
Cons
Senior manager circle is closed
it was good while it lasted
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON8 November 2017
This was a great place to work we were one of the best rated service departments in the company and unfortunately a new VP was hired and moved all the jobs overseas.
Great People / Great Management
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 November 2017
Typical day involved working on multiple releases of NetWorker looking for bugs. Team based environment where we all work together for a common goal.
Pros
Fruit and breakfast
Cons
Sometimes long hours to finish tasks
EMC gobbled up and changed
Web Experience, Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
Hard to recognize the same old EMC. Dell has a different culture and approach. Not necessarily bad, but takes a certain type of fit. Being private also has that double edge.
I learned a lot
Technical Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 September 2017
It was a typical call center but as a manager, I learned a lot about leadership and team management. There were a lot of in-class sessions led by industry consultants and SMEs. I quite enjoyed my time there.
Innovator
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2017
Working at Dell has been amazing so far, the company vision for the IT industry overall it impressive and the fact that they've not only managed to stay relevant within an industry that is constantly changing, they are growing and with that comes market share from their competitors. With the new EMC merger they've set themselves up to me a major player within this industry.
Interesting work
Senior Technical Writer/Content Developer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2017
Worked for three years on a new hardware project. Scrum teams worked in two week sprints using Lean Agile methodology. I enjoyed the work and learning new skills.
can't really comment because worked there as intern and contract worker.
Accounting/Senior Analyst (Internship, Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
I can't really comment because worked there as intern and contract worker. Only worked as summer intern, and then again as a contract worker several years later.
Good company
Customer Support and Dispatch Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2017
It was a good company while working there. Good people and benefits. Great discounts on Dell hardware while working there.

Good Holidays and work hours.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No commitment to keep Jobs in Canada
Fun job when the phones were ringing with customers.
Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2017
I worked at Dell in 1999. It was very busy selling computers on the phone thanks to the fear of Y2K. After New Years 2000 people realized that the world wasn't going to end and the sales floor went from 150 people to 20. There were no calls. There was a base salary if you made your quota. But this proved difficult when there weren't a lot of calls. I just couldn't afford to work there anymore. It may have changed now.
Pros
Fun, exciting and good money when it's busy
Cons
Boiler room environment.
not too much open and truthful communication
Sr. Advisor - Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2017
Management hardly advrkers of what goings on in terms of of what will affect employment etc. did not get any opportunity for career improvement, manager very secretive about company direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K