Dell Technologies

Dell Technologies Employee Reviews

Canada183 reviews

Found 183 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,896 reviews
emccanadahardwaresoftwaretechnologysolutionculturecomputer

Great company, and ample growth opportunities

Very clear road map regarding the goals of the project. Great content available to learn and thrive for the newcomers. Good work life balance, great culture and fair compensation

Great place

Relaxed but driven environment. You will find a wide range of ages, and always something to do. Leadership on site is great, and helps you succeed. Would go back.

Insights into Dell Technologies

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Work from home

Nice company to work for. Their three weeks training is excellent. People are very helpful at this company. This company is amazing. Very supportive and inclusive. The training is extensive so you don't miss anything. And the work is rewarding and fun.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No cons

Fast pace work environment with loads of potential

Great place to work for experience . I liked the team as it was very organized and you could always get help from anyone all over the globe . In the end Felt like i couldnt move up in the organization and the work life balance just got me down were i was burntout by the end of my tenor. They also dont give raises much and found with rising cost of living they didnt really help me out as much as i would of liked .

Challenging but excellent working environment

Encourage employees to express their idea and opinion. Lots of challenge on different things. As a newly hired employee, I have to learn new thing constantly. From new system interface, to new coding language, to new technology. All co-workers and managers that I have encountered are knowledgeable and willing to share. The hardest part of the job is probably the challenge, if you like working in a environment where you don't need to constant learning and improving, then DELL is probably not a good place for you.

Pros

good benefit, pay.

Cons

complicated system, interface. Lots of challenges.

Good place to work but because they closed the call center for a call center over seas. I feel Dell is looking for the cheapest place to get their employees. Workers from our dept were sent over seas to train workers when they came back a few weeks later they closed the call center in Edmonton, Canada

Ambiente de trabajo variado

un día típico en el trabajo con muchos viajes lo que aprendiste agilidad al llevar a cabo múltiples tareas la dirección/gerencia escalonada Cultura laboral organizada la parte más difícil del trabajo depende de cada quienque es lo que más te gustó del trabajo conocer personas todos los días

Pros

viajes

Cons

tiempo de descaso

Dell Canada was a great place to grow

I liked Dell because they took time to nurture their employees. They knew talent and HR took the time to hire me despite having a file that was "this long" After hiring they were firm but reasonable and helpful. A manager who saw my potential after two performance review plans suited me up with one of their top agents. My performance went through the roof and I was given a chance at redemption because"I had it all I just had to put it together" Great teammates training and a class place to work at. 2006

Pros

Training, management, accommodating

Cons

Stress

Fun working place

It is a good working place with great culture. I strongly believe the company has the resources available to help their employees to achieve their goals.

Internal demands stifle an otherwise wonderful place to work

I don't even know where to start, what a whirlwind of a place to work. It is a good place to work and most colleagues are friendly and helpful. Most managers are supportive of individuals. Pay and benefits fair, lots of opportunities.On the other hand, constant internal trainings, unecessary KPIs, meetings, and unspoken expectation of always being logged in is actually counterproductive to doing your actual job. Expect a lot of stress dealing with internal confusion as you try to do your otherwise straightforward job.

Cons

Huge variations of Salary and Bonus in the peer team members

Overall hiring process is not satisfied BCZ, huge differences about the wages rate, bonus and other benefits among the team members. I had very bitter experience and realized that I had under paid employee during that time. 5 years later after me our manager hired a new hire (new person) got better pay rate 25% more than me even though less experience and less qualified when they hiring for the team at the same work location. All depends up on the hiring person (HR decision ) they wrongly fixed the salary (discrimination) for a person to person. (not acceptable). When we figure out (somehow) later of ourselves about the discrepancies and poor salary rate then we can't fight back to either your department manager or HR team, and they don't accepts their inabilities and mistakes instead they will kick you out (fired) from the job with a bad name and spoil your reputations. "I strongly advised that DO NOT JOIN this company", They're prefect cheaters!!!! HR team and Department managers should discuss together and make a better decision as before hiring a new hire to put in the same team.

Productive and fun workplace

Provided complete end-to-end IT solutions including end-user computing, networking, servers, security, backup, management software, and virtualization

Productive and good work-life Balance

Dell has a great work culture. You can learn as many tools as you can as Dell provides different learning platforms. Apart form it, Dell has great work life balance.

Great place right out of school

Dell is great for promoting from within. The system is setup for great success learning as you rise through the ranks. Having the additional experience will definitely help within other areas within the company

Micro management and weird relational culture.

Office environment is fine, stressful daily work but still manageable if you stick with the desk all day long (including the unpaid lunch hour). When teammates are on vacation, we need to backup their workload sometimes so OT is needed when overloaded. However, we where asked to not pin in the OT hour on the time sheet as they'll not approve for OT payment (deal to US HQ's instruction according to our management). So manage your OT needs wisely and I left all overloaded works to the next day by prioritized my own accounts first and the backups later. Since ISRs are not meeting their customers face to face, they advocate and strongly encourage a "Socialize" atmosphere within the office, among the "sales reps" and this was a fresh experience to me overall. Since I used to socialize mainly with my dealers/accounts/clients instead, in assorted industries across decades of my career life.

Good benefit

pros : The company has pretty good benefit package including Personal business days. cons: The product roadmap is unclear. No much training provided.

Join and be part of a winning culture

Excellent Place to work, that provide opportunity to grow and learn within the company. The work culture is great. The benefits are comparable with other leading companies.

Pros

work culture

Cons

Can include long working hours

Good Management

Busy comparative you have to have a good experience Would love to work again Great place to work if you’re OK to work under pressure Dealing with a lot of confidential information will do security check up on you Read management awesome employees

Productive and lively environment

It was a nice work culture environment for any freshers to start their career. L&OD was one such department being an coordinator it gave an opportunity to me explore and get to connect with all respective department Managers , Directors to know the requirements of their needs.

Diversity Culture

I liked the time I spent at work with DELL EMC, and mainly interested in the culture of this company... it was a great fit for my personality and my values.

Flexible work environment

Flexible work environment, great culture, good managers, provides okay training and learning experiences, customer comes first, sometimes job is very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dell Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement