Delaware North

Delaware North Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
was an easy job to get and as long as requirements were met easy to move up within the company training was efficient a pleasure to work there met some hard working people
Great company to work for, many training benefits, good work life balance excellent salary & benefits.Great Team of culinarians, great location. Creating new menus
it keeped me on my feet a lot of work to do before each events starts great people to chat with the free buffet was great coming from cooks that make food
.Took customer’s orders, prepare and finish food items
.Finish Cash in and Cash out

.Finish work with great teamwork

.Work with excellent customer services
I usually work from 5-11 pm as a typical day at Rexall place. I would help the employees by prepping the food and getting everything organized before we opened to the public.

I learned a lot about how to handle current situations and how to deal with a high pace environment.
Pros
free diners whenever the oilers played and 50% off food
Cons
long hours when theres a concert
Delaware north was a good experience for me, I learned valuable things while working there. Only complaint is some supervisors don't know how to apply a team environment to encourage an efficient and safe workplace.
Pros
Free buffet
Cons
Work enviroment
Delaware North is a company that enjoys change, cuisine is important to the company and they treat there chefs with great respect.
There is opportunity to travel and work at other properties across the globe.

It wasn't just the team at Rexall, it was the team within the company, we all knew each other from the conferences and working together.

Great atmosphere to work in.
This place is rough on its employees and even harder on team leaders i wpuld never go back. The hours are long but speratic and they dont pay very well.
this job was pretty easy because it was just cooking with basic machines. I learned how to cook. The main cooks gave me some basic information on how to use the cooking machines.
Overworked, unappreciated.

They make us work til 1 or 2am sometimes when the game ended at 10. We have to spend an hour doing math calculations line by line manually when even our boss said he could print it out on the computer in a minute..but the company wouldn't let him. It is sometimes fun. We had a boss since last year who was the best....(we had 3 or 4 different ones before him.) He was great, he tried and made some things better but he quit after giving up and now there isn't anyone. Some supervisors run it but, they are difficult and aren't organized.
Pros
fellow staff are good to work with
Cons
company is oudated and slow to change
A typical day at work was getting to an event such as a concert or hockey game about half an hour or hour early(Depending on event) to set up the concession for the costumers. Once set up it would be a fast paced environment for a little while and then slow down which was basically the hardest part of the job. The co-Workers where good and where easy to work with and managment was very good. I didn't really learn a lot there that I already didn't know a lot of the job was basically just basic cooking and etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to hear shows like Santana,Pearl Jam etc.
Pros
free lunch, got to hear great music for free, hockey games where fun to watch for free as well
Cons
not really stable hours. work only about..3 hours anight, sometimes, maybe 8 depending on event then might not work for 4 days, thusly pay wasn't great in the end