Del Frisco's Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Undecided
Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas27 April 2019
When I needed to find a job, I found one at Del Friscos Restaurant Group. As a person, my boss is nice. But he/she only cares about making others think we are the greatest, and not caring the toll it takes on us. Pay is great but when you divide my pay by how many hours I work, it’s horrible. Working a minimum of 75 hrs a week with no opportunity for a lunch during the week, is hard. When I complained that the hrs are too much and I’m exhausted, he/she asks if I really want this job. I told my boss that I need a better relationship between work and personal time, and I was told to put my personal life on hold, including with my family. Since I started, I have had no days off and when my phone rings or I get a txt, my nerves are shot. Yes, I have learned a lot, but not at the expense of my health and time with my family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many hours
Good place to start but not to finish
Manager (Former Employee) –  Maryland19 March 2019
Mediocre training that just pushes you through. Some managers and Chefs were excellent some were awful regardless they will be gone in 2-4 years no one stays. Food cost and labor cost are entirely too low and almost impossible. The bonus structure is made to be complicated because you won’t ever get the full value . Steaks are excellent and then some ingredients for menu items come straight out a box. SMH
Pros
Decent starting salary, excellent benefits
Cons
Poor training, hit or miss managers
Neat and tidy place with great staff
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA28 October 2018
The management is cool and the staff are good at there jobs the work is challenging and keeps you on your toes and the atmosphere is thick with hospitality and smiles all around
Amazing company and Culture
Support Center (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT17 October 2018
Amazing company and great people to work with. This company would have accomplish so much more if not acquired. Creative and Dynamic group of coworkers that made this company excel above industry standards. Wish it continues to have the same success under the new parent company. Andy, Sasa, Jeff...thank you!
I used to love working here!
Waitress/Server (Current Employee) –  New York State26 September 2018
Unfortunately a couple of months ago the company was bought out by other big company. It has now turned into a franchise, with a many rules and regulations making it very uncomfortable to work there anymore.
Pros
Very flexible on days off.
Cons
Very short to no breaks on doubles, cheft is the most despicable person on earth.
would work again
Server/Sommelier (Former Employee) –  New York, NY2 July 2018
great place to work for, would highly recommend. Solid benefits package for hourly and salary team members. Salary members get great health care 401k and stock purchase options. They also get 2 weeks vacation after 2 years and 1 week the first year
Many problems in decision making and management
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CT13 June 2018
There is no clear decision maker in most departments, and while people want to be in charge they have created a culture in which everyone is afraid of being blamed so passes off responsibility. Words are chosen carefully to avoid accountability.

It is near impossible to be productive in this type of culture. It has halted improvements on efficiencies and hinders growth.
Fast-paced team focused environment
Lead Host (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DC20 March 2018
Del Frisco's Restaurant Group is a structured corporate restaurant. Each 'store' across the nation is run in the exact same way. The training program is intense but effective. The opportunity for growth within the company is possible with an openness to travel or relocate.
Teamwork is strongly encouraged and success is challenging without it. With the right leadership, attitude and desire to succeed, each shift can be fulfilling. The opportunity to serve, meet and develop a network of influential clients is possible at the right location.
Pros
growth opportunity
Cons
server responsibility
Cleaner ,trader,farmer and dish wash operator
Trading ,farming,cleaning,dish W operation (Former Employee) –  Avenue of America’s8 February 2018
Well I work there as a dish wash operator and dish delivery it was a good company I work 5days in a week and which I sometimes get 40hrs or or less and I would want to find a job with orpurtunity
Pros
I do eat at work
Cons
Got my own Medicaid
Amazing culture, demanding hours, fun envirmoment
GM (Former Employee) –  NY30 January 2018
I loved working for bartaco. The pay was great and the benefits matched it. The people you work with are very friendly and the upper management team (owners) were very focused on doing things right. Yet the personal to work life balance was tough. My position was required to be in the building pretty much everyday 10+ hours. Which is what is expected in many restaurants. Yet for Barteca it was some what frowned upon, to take a weekend off, IF needed. Or if you opened on a weekend you weren’t getting out anytime before 10pm, due to the volume these restaurants encounter. Other then that, the experience was pretty solid.
Pros
Pay, people, benefits
Cons
Work, life balance was none existent
Great start- dwindling finish
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR20 October 2017
Absolutely loved the training program to open the restaurant. I will never serve the same again. The influence from all the servers throughout the nation really gave great perspective to the start of the restaurant, but too soon those trainers were gone and the leadership chosen to run the restaurant were not up to the training that everyone had received.
Pros
wine tastings
Cons
no breaks- unorganized side work
A restaurant
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 August 2017
Typically the staff has a great personality and passion is hired here so it makes it an enjoyable staff to work with. Has high expectations of staff.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Hours
A nice place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT24 July 2017
A productive and good place to work at. Employees were nice and well to get along with. A very organized and well structured company. Learned how to work well with others.
Pros
Good Meals
Cons
Good Breaks
Great Company/Poor Leadership
Sales (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TX12 April 2017
Thankfully, this company was built on strong foundation and still finds success regardless of the constant shift in leadership.

Turnover is so high that they promote people based of on seniority not off of skills. This company is full of "managers" not leaders.

Still a great company and consistently provides the best experience possible for all of its guests but they don't treat their employees the same
Pros
Amazing perks & recognition based off of reputation
Cons
Poor communication and leadership
Great company to work for
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York State5 March 2017
The one aspect that I loved about working at Bartaco was the wonderful staff. Everyone gets along really well which makes for a friendly work environment.
Sophisticated environment with a great team to work with
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX21 February 2017
I learned quite a bit about upscale dining and really enjoyed it! I love making people feel comfortable and happy. The workplace culture was great because we all worked together to create a lovely experience for the guests.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Well managed. Very friendly and supportive workplace
Busser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA10 January 2017
Fun place to work with great coworkers and management. Respectful. Supportive. Managers care about each and every worker individually. Works schedules around employees.
Great company great place to work.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Texas7 January 2017
I love working or dfrg it's a great company . Cares about quality of life 5 day work week most of the time. Great employer great guest and most important great food!
Pros
Have great staff
Cons
I have been jumped again for advancement year #7 .
a new store still young
Food Runner and Busser (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA7 January 2017
In my typical day i would clean tables reset them and run food. Management still needs work they were worse before but they got a new GM and she is doing the best they can.
Productive , but not always fun, due in large part to lackluster management
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX28 November 2016
On a typical work day I would come in check reservations, to see who is scheduled, check levels of prep, cook family meal, do produce order do line check, go to pre shift, work the shift, clean up , go home
Pros
We were able to bonus from time to time, health benefits
Cons
No life outside of wotk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Del Frisco's Restaurant Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Del Frisco's Restaurant Group Reviews by Job Title