Defence Construction Canada

Defence Construction Canada Employee Reviews

Canada31 reviews

workgreatprojectworkingenjoyjobdcccompany

Work Life Balance is great, I have time to live a life now

Coming from the private world, working at DCC is one of the best things which could happen to me.Work life balance is given preference which was close to nothing in my previous job.My colleagues and boss are really supportive; maybe it's just my team but I do see everyone I talk to pretty satisfied with their teams and managers.Salary is competitive; yes you can make a little more bi-weekly if try hard enough in the private sector but where's the peace of mind?Health and medical benefits are upto par with reputable companies but the pension plan is unmatchable, no private company can do that.I do know a few employees who made the move from other government agencies, and according to them the culture in much better. So kudos to that..!!I would like to stick around if they are willing to keep me. :)

Pros

Work life balance, Support, Benefits, Pension, Culture

Cons

Can't seem to find anything worse enough to complain or whine about at the moment, maybe coming from the consulting world changed my tolerance level

Healthy work environment - Great place to work!

DCC has the healthiest work environment I've experienced in my professional career. Management is supportive, supervisors communicate clearly, and projects are approached with a collaborative mind-set. Most importantly, the work-life balance is great. No expectations to constantly be online.

Insights into Defence Construction Canada

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks

Travaille stimulant et diversifié.

travaille stimulant, diversité des projets. Excellent suivi en formation interne.

Productive and Collaborate work environment

- learned how to better collaborate - desk and outside work - hardest part of the job is negotiating with all stakeholders - most enjoyable part of the job is working to improve processes and producing project deliverables

Very productive, diverse and innovative

hard working typical day, research and mentoring. Mgmt. is open minded to new ideas. The most enjoyable part of the day is when everyone gathers together during lunch and play games and laugh.

Great place

Really good and organized people. Relaxed atmosphere the users are great and its easy to become self sufficient. The management is very streamlined and they all exemplify work life balance.

Productice and fun workplace

I enjoyed working for Defence construction canada, they have a good management team, I learned a lot in this company, I had the previlage to take interesting courses

Excellent work experience for a student

As a student DCC was the ideal environment to gain knowledgeable work experience in my field of study. Management was very accommodating and professional to work with.

Pros

Plenty of hands on construction exposure

Good Secure Job

You will not get rich working here but you will have a great pension after 25 years. The job is 8 to 5 and they do not expect you to work overtime. It can be hard to move up and good projects to work on can be dictated by federal government spending. Really good people and a good management team as they are mostly promoted from the ranks.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Lower pay

Excellent avantages sociaux

Travail de bureau à 80%. Travailler sur plusieurs projets à la fois Contrat de 1 an

Expérience de travail agréable.

C'était un travail qui répondait parfaitement à ma personnalité et mes compétences. J'avais à faire du travail de bureau et aussi me déplacer sur mes chantiers. Il fallait solutionner rapidement les problèmes de chantier de construction. Notre travail s'échelonnait de la prise en main des plans et devis, l'appel d'offre pour trouve un soumissionnaire et la réalisation des travaux jusqu'à la remise du projet au propriétaire, suite aux vérifications complète du projet, Défense National.

Pros

Coordination entre le client et l'entrepreneur et les différents consultants

Cons

Lourdeur administrative proportionnelle à l'expension de l'entreprise.

fast paced enviroment

Handlers were very aggressive and constantly trying to find fault, it was in there best interest to get the job completed cheaper than quoted, and if you past deadline or milestones you were penalized.

Friendly and Fun Workplace

DCC is a lovely place to work. They hire with personality in mind, making an incredible team that enjoys working together each and every day! I would definitely apply for a DCC position again.

environnement de travail

bon environnement de travail, sauf que j'ai moins confortable dans la position que j'occupais

Pros

flexibilite

Cons

ok

Good company for a great cause

Rebuilding our bases and wings for betterment of Canada's forces. Construction and project management, travel and good staff. Staff is sensitive to work life balance.

Pros

Flex Friday's

Cons

All French environment

Awesome staff / poor morale

DCC staff are great to work with, but the corporate culture stinks. Poor morale, and little communication between branches.

Productive and positive environment

Great co-workers and Supervisors- Positive work environment Busy work tasks Constant learning Working with many cultures Always fun at work

Environnement de travail agréable

Équipe multidisciplinaire; bonne collaboration avec les collègues et le client-partenaire (ministère de la défense)

Pros

Salaire, avantages sociaux

Cons

Entreprise ne correspondant pas à mes valeurs

Great work life balance

Great work life balance, interesting construction projects, rewarding to be part of the defence of Canada. Great benefits and pension, not a stressful job, lacks advancement opportunities and pay is lower than private sector for similar work.

Pros

Flex Days

Cons

Advancement

Horrible management culture

In my experience, organizational policies and employee code of conduct as per Government of Canada standard do not translate into real life practices. Work atmosphere is toxic.

Interesting culture, working with military

Unique company thet performs for a sole client (Department of National Defence), so is unique in may senses. Opportunities to learn on security and other aspects related with national security. Strong ethics, and sense of fairnes, honor that provides new and unique approaches to the DCC employees with respect to their jobs. Very positive. Management though keep distance between them and project coordinators, prohect manager s and people working onsite. I believe they shoul work a bit more in imoriving leadership with low level employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defence Construction Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement