Defence Construction Canada

Defence Construction Canada Employee Reviews

Productive and Collaborate work environment

- learned how to better collaborate - desk and outside work - hardest part of the job is negotiating with all stakeholders - most enjoyable part of the job is working to improve processes and producing project deliverables

Very productive, diverse and innovative

hard working typical day, research and mentoring. Mgmt. is open minded to new ideas. The most enjoyable part of the day is when everyone gathers together during lunch and play games and laugh.

Great place

Really good and organized people. Relaxed atmosphere the users are great and its easy to become self sufficient. The management is very streamlined and they all exemplify work life balance.

Productice and fun workplace

I enjoyed working for Defence construction canada, they have a good management team, I learned a lot in this company, I had the previlage to take interesting courses

Excellent work experience for a student

As a student DCC was the ideal environment to gain knowledgeable work experience in my field of study. Management was very accommodating and professional to work with.

Pros

Plenty of hands on construction exposure

Good Secure Job

You will not get rich working here but you will have a great pension after 25 years. The job is 8 to 5 and they do not expect you to work overtime. It can be hard to move up and good projects to work on can be dictated by federal government spending. Really good people and a good management team as they are mostly promoted from the ranks.

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Lower pay

fast paced enviroment

Handlers were very aggressive and constantly trying to find fault, it was in there best interest to get the job completed cheaper than quoted, and if you past deadline or milestones you were penalized.

Friendly and Fun Workplace

DCC is a lovely place to work. They hire with personality in mind, making an incredible team that enjoys working together each and every day! I would definitely apply for a DCC position again.

environnement de travail

bon environnement de travail, sauf que j'ai moins confortable dans la position que j'occupais

Pros

flexibilite

Cons

ok

Awesome staff / poor morale

DCC staff are great to work with, but the corporate culture stinks. Poor morale, and little communication between branches.

Jobs at Defence Construction Canada

See more jobs

Productive and positive environment

Great co-workers and Supervisors- Positive work environment Busy work tasks Constant learning Working with many cultures Always fun at work

Great work life balance

Great work life balance, interesting construction projects, rewarding to be part of the defence of Canada. Great benefits and pension, not a stressful job, lacks advancement opportunities and pay is lower than private sector for similar work.

Pros

Flex Days

Cons

Advancement

Horrible management culture

In my experience, organizational policies and employee code of conduct as per Government of Canada standard do not translate into real life practices. Work atmosphere is toxic.

Interesting culture, working with military

Unique company thet performs for a sole client (Department of National Defence), so is unique in may senses. Opportunities to learn on security and other aspects related with national security. Strong ethics, and sense of fairnes, honor that provides new and unique approaches to the DCC employees with respect to their jobs. Very positive. Management though keep distance between them and project coordinators, prohect manager s and people working onsite. I believe they shoul work a bit more in imoriving leadership with low level employees.

DCC offers many professionals the chance to learn different aspects of the project life cycle through their service line delivery program. I worked in both the Contract management and project management service lines and found them both beneficial to my career. Working for a crown corporation, you have to deal with office politics and red tape, which can be frustrating. Most of the management is very supportive and help you personnally grow and develop within the company.

Pros

Friendly workplace with compettive benefits package

Cons

Salaries can be less than expected for the level of effort applied

great company to work for

I started with DCC in 2005 and moved up pretty quickly within the company. The work and work environment are very stimulating and challenging. Since DCC has offices across Canada, the company offers a lot of possibility in terms of jobs opportunities and location. The benefits are great and the hours reasonable (depending of the time of year and type of project)

Great learning experience.

Practice completing environmental impact assessments, participating in biological control projects, identifying plants, water sampling, and soil sampling. I especially enjoyed being outside and participating in research experiments.

Great place to work, great people

Defence Construction Canada is a very structured environment that makes learing the required tasks very straight forward. I worked with some lovely, professional people that made my job very easy. We worked as a team at all times. There was a mjor emphasis on healthy living a lots of fun incentives to balance health with your work. Salary was decent, however, it was the cut backs that caused me to lose my position.

Pros

Great people, decent salary and benefits

Cons

Government cut backs

Excellent Place to work and to tackle challenges

The thing I liked most about DGME/DCC is that there was no such thing as a typical day at work. Every day was different. Working within a team setting daily problems were always different. My supervisors allowed me the lateral movement to solve them from using my own imagination. Management was very supportive and my co-workers and employees were always there to provide any advice when required. The hardest part of the job was the attempt to get permanent staff. As a result most of my workers were from temporary agencies and were constantly changing. The most enjoyable part of the job was that all personnel were considered part of the team. Even the temporary help were included in social events including Christmas parties.

Pros

Maximum latitude to solve problems

Very professional and knowledgeable workforce

Good experience overall. Dependency on DND funding for work is the hardest aspect as it is so unpredictable.

Pros

People

5 day work week Co-workers were good Management is not good Enjoyed worked on large projects

Pros

Flex days

Cons

No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Defence Construction Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement