Deerhurst Resort Employee Reviews

Great role and place to work
President, Muskoka Condominium Corporation # 28 (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON26 March 2019
 Strategically won negotiations on a funding settlement from the Developer on behalf of the condominium corporation.
 Achieved substantial energy savings through common area LED lighting retrofit.
 Represented multiple condominium corporations through legal disputes to ensure positive outcomes and prevent escalation.
 Discovered evidence securement of embezzlement valued at $100K+.through trust fund audit processes and forensic management of funds.
 Integral in Shared Asset meetings to establish groundwork for reasonable practices as a collective representing 120 investors.
Productive Workplace
Resort Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON10 February 2019
You are briefed before work by motivating team leaders.
I learned time management, and how to react in different situations that helped me in future jobs and daily life.
You get to meet a large array of different amazing person.
The team members you meet become a family.
A lot of opportunities to grow.
New work
Bartender, SERVER and Host (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 December 2018
I m hospitality experienced guy. Who loves taking to people and give in class service. I always willing to learn and wants to be manager of department as soon as posdible.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Racism
Alright place to work at
Reservation service agent & Houseman (Former Employee) –  Muskoka, ON15 October 2018
I was hired from my school program and was told that shuttle, accommodations and food was inculed. I was hired in the RSA position but however the management at housekeeping is terrible and having to find out that i had 6 to 8 bosses. with getting food i was told i am entitled to get food from the buffet but the management and messages around the resort dosnt know about the program witch leading me not to have food and to this point i had to email the hr coordinator to address this problem. the working schedule is by far hard to get around and not knowing when to start.
Pros
free ride back and forth to Toronto
Cons
food accommodations, staff housing accommodation, management to the resort
Fun but stressful job
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, Ontario20 September 2018
You learn a lot about the resort and the skills to handle customers. I liked that everyone is friendly and nice, including management. It feels like a family, to me it was like a second home. The hardest part would be when you get yelled or cursed at by the customers, but everyone looks out for each other and makes sure you are okay.
Very nice scenic work place, awful management
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 August 2018
Management was all over the place, treated employees badly, and lots of miscommunication. Very beautiful resort, nice perks during the summer. Staff housing was outdated, many staff in the housing had no respect towards the cleanliness and others belongings. Management did nothing about it.
Exciting and Fun Place to Work
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON6 June 2018
Working at Deerhurst was a great way to gain experience and learn about the hospitality industry. Being in a resort setting you have the opportunity to see many different aspects of the industry through different departments including administration, housekeeping, recreation, and food and beverage. While it is about work, you do have the opportunity to experience many aspects of the resort. I found the management and staff to be very supportive and willing to help you achieve your goals.
Productive place to work
RSA/ resceptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON13 April 2018
A typical day at work would be answering calls.
I learned lots of new computer skills.
Friendly.
Good environment downstairs, in the restaurants.
Working upstairs in the offices, or housekeeping.
When you're working the restaurant and recreational areas. especially the fun zone. the energy with the children is awesome. but can get tiring on your feet with the concrete.
Pros
discounts
Cons
people who work there aren't always the nicest
Fun place work
Resort Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON22 January 2018
a typical day started with the meetings and the greetings. Manager of the department distributing the tasks to be done and the Day goes off by completing the given tasks and making the standards better.
staffs were friendly
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 January 2018
There was lot of special event.
i.e. concerts, girlfriends getaway.
if you like out door sports, this is place to be.
large property.
very friendly staff
Pros
nature
Cons
pending on season
Fun Workplace
Guest Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON4 January 2018
Deerhurst is a good place to get a start. It gives you the opportunity to grow and try many different job types. I have worked here for almost 4 years and would come back.
Pros
Achievers programme
fun place to work
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON3 December 2017
My goal is to become associated with a company where I can utilize my skills and gain further experience while enhancing the company’s productivity and reputation.
Lots of perks, but no respect
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON3 October 2017
Staff is treated like they are worthless. You have access to all the amenities such as the pool and sports facilities, but management has no respect for the workers - always wanting more and more and insulting and putting people down when they can't deliver.
it's fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 August 2017
i was there for 4 weeks i think
and its all lot of fun the hardest part was being alone time and no one to talk too about the problem.
even that i was shy at first cause i was the new now there
what i learned that the to talk someone about my problem about too
i was enjoyed about the job was being there
Beautiful work enviroment, friendly staff
Food & Beverage Attendant Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ON6 August 2017
The staff are very welcoming, friendly and supportive when you are new and beginning your journey! You have any options in the resort industry to grow, and more around to learn new area's!
Pros
time passes quickly, often free food
Cons
long hours, hard work, tiring
environnement de travail positif et agréable
Stage (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 June 2017
Très accueillant le personnel, le lieu est propre, beau , agrèable, clients très sympas, bel endroit pour passer ses vacances.
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
courtes pauses
Spent 15 wonderful years there
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON13 March 2017
Long days and hard work sometimes 12 to 14 hours a day. I have been taught about different food allergies and diets having set up buffets that have feed thousands of people including heads of state.
The management was very knowledgable setting up the clients agenda well in advance sending us the orders and we would make them happen no matter what the location. The clients were always interesting and fun to be around. But the hardest part of the job was the late nights long hours and never being able to see your family on holidays
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON1 February 2017
Lots of opportunities to increase your work experience. Flexible with opportunities in between departments. You can easily get lots of experience here.
Very professional, great kitchen to learn and allowed to push envelope
Junior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON23 January 2017
Very busy banquets department and restaurants. A little old school mixed with modern teaching philosophies. You are allowed to make mistakes, just don't repeat them. The reward for a great job is more work and responsibility. The only draw back was doesn't pay well. If the pay was better I would still be there!
Easy Going
Golf Pro Shop Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON5 January 2017
When I worked at Deerhurst I found the people were very easy to get along with and talk too. It was a great place to work, I left just because it was too far for me to drive
Pros
Good People
Cons
Too Far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deerhurst Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Deerhurst Resort Reviews by Location