DEER LODGE CENTRE

DEER LODGE CENTRE Employee Reviews

Friendly .. offer good care within facility .. variety of cars units allows you to utilize your skills on different units Staff generally greet you on a new unit well .. working as a team .. wanting the best outcome for each individual ty hat lives there
Pros
One if the best personal cars homes in Winnipeg
Cons
Structuring Of units ongoing .. insecurity about future of your job is constant
Fast paced, physically and mentally challenging, most staff Take pride in providing excellent care and work together to accomplish this. Some staff consider DLC to be a ‘dumping ground’ for challenging residents with behaviour issues.
Advancement available. Mgmt listens to your requests. On top of issues at hand. Communication good. Good communication between mgmt and nurses. Promote independence but mgmt available when needed.
I love working here but I need to move forward for better pay. Working here taught me a lot of skills and the people that I work with are very professional and team player. We help each other out in our department.
A typical day at deer lodge is. You going to check in at the office.getting changed in your uniform. Getting your supplies for your job of the day . taking patiences to and from appointments .The hardest thing about this job is pushing wheel chairs .
Worst manager, waste of time walking 12 k treat you like a slave , some workers are bullies, hypocrite, and backstabbing if they don't like you they all against you .. no work ethic at all.. fights in the kitchen regularly, stilling are pretty common.. don't work here!
Pros
Cons
Stay away
Be strong and don’t let other’s bully and intimidate you. Managers are definitely part of the problem. Really unprofessional, could hardly believe how corrupt a workplace could be.
Pros
Money is very good
Cons
Very unfair, unprofessional workplace
By volunteering with Deer Lodge I was able to interact with all sorts of different people, and gain experience with interpersonal interactions for future jobs.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
awkward beginnings
I was health care aide student from Manitoba start for 8 weeks . I feel it’s a best placement for me to achieve my goal.here I deal with the patient who is suffering from dimentia. I love to do work in Tower 7. This is best experience to do work with team and if I got chance to do work here again ,I ll definitely join this ..
Pros
Team spirit
Lots of freedom to be creative in the role. The company had a large budget. Lots of funds to plan very fun programs. This job was a great stepping stone.
Pros
casual dress
Cons
only a 0.6
it was practicum, i wasn't paid, 6 weeks "working" there. I got a lot of experience with patients with dementia and confusion. I also worked with patients in rehab.
Very nice workplace. Learn to work independently and with a team. Learn various skills. Was able to help people with special needs. A very compassionate place to work.
Very nice staff (nursing, HCA, OT/PT, SW, physicians). Great clients. Teams work well together. Unit managers are kind. Lots of potlucks/bonding on unit.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no advancement
I would not work here case the management This department is not that good she just let every thing goand if she does not like you you gone .it now poor .thing do notdone case of her
Pros
Staff is good
Cons
You get fired if you are good
They Strive for Excellence in Care for their Residents, families and staff. This is a great place to work full-time or part-time. They really care for the people they serve.
I did my practicum as a health unit clerk at Deer Lodge. I found it busy and stressful and wonderful. I learned so much from my time there. I was fortunate to have the best preceptor I could have asked for. I would have loved to spend more time learning the ropes. Deer Lodge is a place I would love to work! Any job is going to be difficult at times, but the staff and the resident's make it wort it.
Pros
So busy that the days fly by.
Cons
Hard to get your foot in the door.
Its always understaff. Some co worker are nice mostly are not. HCA do not follow nurses delegation. You end up doing HCA duties as the same doing medications which is unsafe.
Floor staff work well together for the most part, patient care top priority to them. Friendly and enjoy talking with the patients and family. Generally a good relationship with the attending doctors and other interdepartmental/auxilary staff. Many recent changes have caused low morale.
I enjoyed my time at Deer Lodge Center I found the staff to be proficient and I learned so much from the residences, It was a great learning experience and my need to go to school and become a health care aide became that much more clearer to me.
Its a good workplace, I love being an employee here. Some management decision can be overwhelming such as not being able to be informed that you are moved to work on a different unit that you are unfamiliar. Also the management questioning staff regarding sick calls, wanting to know details that can be sometimes private.
I have a good experience working here. The experience I received will help me in acquiring other employment opportunities. I also had good experience working with my colleagues at the organization.
  1. Employee reviews