Decore Hotels

Decore Hotels Employee Reviews in Jasper, AB

Jasper, AB7 reviews
Decore Hotels has it where it counts, and finds new ways to innovate. They provide competetively priced accomodations to local weekend warriors, skiers, and international travellers alike, while not skimping on quality beddings and toiletry.
Pros
It's in Jasper.
Cons
Low remuneration.
Don’t waste your efforts here. There are some managers that will throw you under the bus just to cover their own butt. Your never truly appreciated for your efforts if you speak your opinion to the wrong person they find a way to get you out.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Your never appreciated
Not a good company to work for. Management do not care that you work 6 or 7 days straight in the summers. Always was short staffed so we worked 12 hours a day sometimes. Staff accommodation in desperate need of updating.
Pros
Living in the mountains
Cons
Working all the time
I had a super nice time working for Decore hotels. 6 days a week during peak season but still no pressure.. Staff accom could be better, but was okay.
Pros
Good Management no pressure
Cons
Staff Accommodation
I loved spending the summer here as I got to make memories with new wonderful people as well as interact with hundreds of people from different places
Pros
Employee Appreciation
One of the most beautiful places I've worked. While working for Decore Hotels I worked at the Tonquin Inn on the east side of Jasper. Depending on the shifts that I worked my day would normally consist of running the nightly audit, checking guests in and out of the hotel, basic receptionist and clerical duties, assisting guests with directions, booking tours, and rafting trips. The staff accomodations weren't exactly the best but they were located close to the hotel making it easy to get to work. Managment was always available for questions and was easy to get a hold of . The best part about working audit was sitting at the front desk, and occasionally you would see an elk or a deer walk past the windows.
Pros
location, staff
Cons
pay rate, long hours
I learn to give more effort to attain my job property and give my best effort to fulfill and satisfy the needs of the company as well as customer's satisfaction.
Pros
free accommodation, pretty room for employees
Cons
8 hours duty with benefits and best co workers I met