Deckx Transport

Deckx Transport Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
Fun work place
Good place to to make good money, Willing to teach you about your job and to get the skills you need to go ware you want to go in a few years once you get that experience
Little down time, willing to work with the schedule you want and as much as you want. Out of 2 years of working for them, only had 3 layovers... and will work to make sure your home when you want to be.. Dispatch always there when you need them and very helpful. Pay is average per mile. I'm glad to be with them and would recommend.
You'll make more at burger king, flipping cheeseburgers.
I actually really liked my job at deckx. There are a lot of good guys. The older guys are always willing to teach, uou something new. The loads weren't usually to horrible.. at least once you spent some time on it.. pre loads are the worst.. I've had overweights, looking for products. Things missing.. etc. Explaing the soggy paperwork, to the customer. That was always fun. The problem a rises not with all management.. but the key few.. I spent days waiting in terminals.. rarely ever had a pre plan. So they were scrambling for loads. After you offloaded.. didnt matter how everything played. Wether I was on time. Or just doing my own thing. I very rarely got loaded on the same day. Dispatch was constantly giving mis information. Setting me up for failure. I was constantly told. To just go ahead and do it. Then given a violation form for it. Or looking for a parking space in the yard.. go over time.. violation notice. Most of the yards are absolutely chaos, most of the time. Because transx thinks they are the only company there. And just do whatever they want. And the big breaking point for me. Was the pay. Without getting decent runs, all the waiting. Sometimes dispatch just not even paying attention. Or not taking notes.. wires are constantly crossed. So you never really make any decent money.. no matter what I did, it was just never there. I have honestly, never worked so hard. As a deck driver, and made so little.. Seems management just needs to realize. This isn't the 90's anymore.. rates have gone up since then. And because of this, you will see. Either a lot of parked - more...
Pros
A few good people, showers, and laundry at the terminals. Newer trucks.
Cons
No money, Poor management and dispatches. Always getting walked on by transx.
This is the best trucking job i ever had
Running flatbed all over Alberta and parts of bc it's easy work and fun. I get to see parts of Alberta that I have never been to. Its a great learning experience. The only bad thing I can say is the 4 wheelers that just don't have a clue about heavy trucks and speed by me like having a licence is there God given birth right
Pros
Lots of work and miles
Cons
Zero respect for the drivet
Do not work for this carrier. Nothing good to say about them. Low pay for hard work. Bad management that belittles you and clearly doesn't understand trucking. You are just a number. Don't listen to driver concerns. Old trailers. Take advantage of their owners ops - they make money off everything you pay - fuel, equipment etc. Zero respect for safety - do not provide any PPE.
Pros
Nothing good to say
Cons
Disrespect towards drivers, bad management, low pay, don't care about safety
will be happier if things improve now.
will be happier if things improve now.
this is all i can say at this time about this company

because its a well run company from the above
Pros
satelite load down load
Cons
less miles