Deckers Outdoor Corporation Employee Reviews

Vibrant and young culture
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CA31 October 2018
A strong company with good leadership. Fun work environment and a lot of perks. People are kind and inclusive in most areas.Compensation could/should be higher.
Pros
Open atmosphere and vibrant young culture
Cons
Compensation could be higher
Conformity and fun work place
Routing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA20 December 2018
I love my job here at deckers .. love my team and the confidence we all have .. the respect and team work we all provide . The supervisors and managers are very understanding with employees.
Pros
Great place to grow
Cons
Relocating to Moreno Valley
Best place to learn your management style
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Albertville, MN13 May 2018
Deckers is an amazing company to work for. Yes, the corporation is still working out some details but the people are amazing. I have learned how to be a leader and how to be the best version of myself. They truly give you the freedom to make the choices in business to help you be successful.
Pros
culture
Fun work place
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CA20 November 2018
Very fun place to work everyone is like a family , mangers are great and very organized, strait forward. Workers are very helpful always willing to to lend a helping hand
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long work hours
Deckers Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO11 April 2018
I was able to assist customers with their orders and make adjustments when necessary to insure customer retention, while keeping the customers bottom line in mind. The atmosphere in the work place, is positive. It was a great place to learn good customer service skills. Management was direct, effective and kind. I can not say enough positive about my work experience at Deckers.
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ22 October 2018
This was a call center and customer service and I only worked here through the bust season. Some customers would call to place order for shoes or be angry about their order. It was a typical customer service job.
Productive During The Holidays Dead The Rest of The Year
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meat Packing District, NY20 May 2018
Great place to work & gain experience if you're just starting out. Not very competitive as there is no commission for sales which is great for team building but not so great if you're trying to make money.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI waikiki24 August 2018
Store mgr is an airhead, asst Store mgr doesn’t understand English. Think their employees are slaves. The store mgr only knows how to yell. Thinks we’re her children.
Pros
Not scheduled to work
Biased management
Stock Associate/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ21 November 2016
Worked here for about a year, both peak and off peak seasons. Management is a joke. Store manager is only there as a title, wasn`t really there and left the everyday tasks to keyholders. No room for advancement, only if you are favorites among upper management. Only plus to here were a few of the hard working sales associates otherwise not worth working. Compensation is horrible. Peak season is good, you even did overtime. But off season, you are lucky if you work 4 hours for the week. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
No benefits, low wages and management
Great place to work, no job security/advancement if you are a temp though
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ17 March 2012
I worked at the Flagstaff Call Center, which is a highly seasonal employment area, so there just is not a lot of room for advancement from within the call center at the Flagstaff Office. They're also going through a lot of changes in software and web systems, so we were almost on a weekly basis having to adjust or completely change job functions. They're also getting a lot more bureaucratic in management style.
Pros
general friendliness, good pay
Cons
little room to advance, typical management politics.

Want to know more about Deckers Outdoor Corporation?

Ask a question
Cafe gratis, y taquisas cada que entregaban reconocimiemtos
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA9 July 2018
Muy bien pagado, y creo que una de la mejores compañias en california
Pros
Seguro medico para los deckers emplores
Design Savvy Company
Web Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ1 February 2018
I only worked at Decker's as an intern, but from what I saw it was a really great place to work. There's a powerful design culture, which I found very refreshing. At the end of the day, they're eCommerce, and content is king.
Pros
Design Focus, Marketing Focus, Awesome people, Great shoes
Cons
Slightly corporate
Overall good company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ12 June 2017
Overall a good company, see pros and cons below

Pros:

Fun work culture with social events each month
Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and irregular hours
Good benefits and decent pay
Opportunity to learn and change positions or work in different offices

Cons:

Difficult to take real vacations without being on-call
High performing individuals aren't always recognized
Many positions are temporary with no clear end date

Pro and con:
Seasonality provides for relaxed summers, but high-paced winters
Innovative company with great corporate culture
UGG Australia Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC26 June 2014
Deckers Outdoor is one of the best companies I have worked for. There is a great corporate culture that places a high value on it's employee's. There are a lot of opportunities to grow for those that seek a career with Deckers. I feel as if I'm part of a "family" at Deckers and they really care about me.

As with any fast growing company there are at time some communications issue. But nothing that can't be worked through and doesn't impact the ability to accomplish the day to day.
Pros
culture, values and opportunities
Cons
communications
Customer Service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CA20 June 2012
Days were pretty typical beginning with morning paper-work, opening the store, servicing customers, handling sales transactions. The staff was friendly, and informed about the products. The most difficult part of the job was during peak season (holiday shopping) as it put a strain on staffing needs, and hourly schedules. The most enjoyable parts of the job was the pay and the different customers interactions.
Pros
clean, close knit company with great pay.
Cons
small company that focuses on upper management, no real opportunity for advancement, very slow business except during holidays.
Revolving Door
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London15 March 2016
No career progression. Only ok if you are senior management or above. No real benefits to speak off. Staff morality rock bottom with most employees looking for a way out. Would not recommend this company. Very poor employer.
Pros
Some nice colleagues
Cons
Poor Management - No career progression - Poo pay and benefits
Fast pace always keeps you on your toes
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA20 March 2018
Good place to get crosstrained and always busy especially in peak season so you always get your hours. Down fall you dont have a steady schedule hours always fluctuate.
Okay
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA15 December 2017
Okay this company could use better management and lay back on rushing there workers. In case they forgot employees are using really heavy machinery aka forklift trucks
good
My duties at Decker's was customer service (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO22 March 2018
life at deckers is very good they are very compregencive and they actually care for there reps. they have pizza days and the people that work there are very nice.
Productive and fun place to work
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA13 October 2014
Best company I have ever worked for.
Was able to move up from a temp to an Administrator.
Management is excellent, was able to learn a lot and I felt my ideas were taken into consideration.
Great benefits and perks as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deckers Outdoor Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.