Deciem Inc

Deciem Inc Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
In this company, I learned to become responsible, accountable, and eager to learn with regards to the product. I am assigned as a Product Creation Expert wherein I am making sure that the product is the right product, right in size, and amount.
In this modern day , Deciem is your ideal employer. The company cares so much about their employees. I absolutely will work with the company for years .
Fast growing company where you are always learning and experiencing new things. The company has a young demographic with creative minds always up to to date with the latest social trents.
good place to work and good staff tho , but the salary was not enough for me and the place was so far for me
i learned a lot there the workplace culture was not bad
Lots to memorize and learn but I would say it's good practice for future jobs. It can be stressful because people come in with unexpected questions about skincare, but other than that it was good.
I have good communication and respect each other with our supervises, table lieder /line quince/ and other employ. i learned so many ting from this company for example how to improve production, time management and work place culture. the most enjoyable part of job is break time we spent good time there.
Take what you can if they hire you for a contract. They’ll only hire you after if the managers like you.

Start up company, cool products, not that great of management, EXTREMELY slow during normal days.

For a company that’s consistently expanding, please do better.

15th and 30th of the month pay? Uh, every other week please.

It’s Friday, and you still don’t have your schedule? Ah, no problem, management will release it on Saturday for the upcoming Monday schedule. It’s super late, think they’d do more than 7 days at a time? Nah, they’ll just keep releasing schedule every weekend. Hello? People have lives, who wants their schedules released on the weekend prior?

Management won’t let you go home or call in sick even though there’s 5 people closing and they don’t need you anyways. Hey, it’s super dead, think you can ask to go home? Nope! They don’t care, you already took your hour break, so you absolutely cannot go home!

Super dead store, can’t seem to properly do breaks. They can’t seem to just make a proper schedule of when people go on break. You’re working 8 hours? You ONLY get 1 hour break . That’s your 45 plus your 15 together. For the whole 8 hours. Then management will complain there’s too many people in the back , yes, maybe if you actually schedule breaks when people NEED a break from standing around doing nothing and losing their minds.
Great discount and culture. Great retail enviornment for anyone who is looking for that type of experience, no commission or intense pressure to meet sales targets. Customers were a bit overwhelming at times but definitely made the experience more interesting.
Its a good place to work with friendly people, you can learn alot and every one their willing to help you learn. Pay is good and good benefits good working hours
it was an amazing experience to work here. staff is very polite and cooperative.
All the crew members help each other, but one get bored to stand at a particular place.
fastpaced environment.
i learned a lot specially in trouble shooting and how to work in difficult situations. and about the management uhmmm... it's really really bad that's why i decided to leave that company.
Deciem is a fast growing company, but need a better management. Deciem has 'Learning by doing' company culture with multi culture in worldwide. 8 hours working hours per day.
Middle management was terribly unknowledgeable how actual stores were run, focused on unnecessary things, schedules were hectic and often led to barely enough time to sleep.

Progression seems based on luck, or a type, with nothing to do with experience or work ethic.
The CEO has no structured plans nor any plans on how we will grow with substantive goals. All sales and marketing is done through the CEO with no input from other directors of the company
Pros
Innovative
Cons
CEO centric
I do not recommend working there currently. Their management team was less than desirable in many departments while I worked there. Currently they are in a transition as the CEO was ousted recently, so I imagine their situation may change for the better or worse; I do not know
The culture is such that if they like you personally then you can progress whether qualified or not. If they don't then life is not good. Horrible management. Horrible chain of command. Corrupt from top to bottom. The products are actually good though. People progress way too fast for no real reason and the pay discrepancy is also based on if they like you and how much and not really the job that you do. If you get into the "in circle" you'll be golden though.
Pros
paid on time
Cons
management
Good environment of co workers and management to work with. Everyone is friendly and out going. Time flies by. Clean environment as well. Lots of hours available to work.
Pros
Lots of over time hours
Cons
travel to get there
I had an amazing team, my supervisor was the friendliest person ever. I learned a lot from her, she had amazing communication skills, data management, customer service as well. We were working together for a while, after wards we built trust and we could split the job easily. It was really creative environment, very talented people.
Pros
Free lunches, own kitchen
Cons
no cons