DeCicco & Sons Employee Reviews

Worst Managers Ever, Even Worse Co Workers
Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sometimes9 June 2019
DeCiccos was my first job, as an 18 year old high school student i was willing to work and never complained. I was given little to no training from the manager and was placed in bad situations from the start of the job. I was fired for asking for a day off a week prior to my event, and was screamed at by the manager. I worked with 40 year old men who would curse at me and try to fight me on the job for simply asking them questions. By far the worst experience I could have ever had for my first job, and not to mention employees receive no 15% discount until you are an employee for 6 months or so.. the food is cross contaminated and all around bad (the food they make atleast.) bad company
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management, bad co workers, no discounts, no respect for employees
It’s ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NY6 July 2018
The work wasn’t hard . People was ok. No tips , pay . Managers suck sometimes but the co workers are awesome. I wouldn’t wanna work there again. I use to get free Stuff all the time. The bakery was to die for
Horrible management and extremely overpriced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NY27 June 2018
The managers are not reasonable and everything is so overpriced. The pay is next to none. The employees complained a lot of how unreasonable the mangers are.
Pros
Some nice customers
Cons
unreasonable breaks, mean managers
not that great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NY20 May 2018
Since new management the place has gone downhill. The new manager is mean and doesn't respect cashiers and enforces strict rules. They don't listen to you or give you the amount of hours you ask for instead they cut your hours.
Not that good
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NY21 March 2018
Just stocked shelves with no allowencephalitis for medical issues in the workplace as I have a few. A typical day at work started with making palletes. Then stocking out one U-boat of cereal then repeating.
Poorly managed, negative environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NY10 March 2018
Being a cashier at Decicco and Sons, a typical day of work for us was to ring up/check out customers. If you are young, they make you stock shelves because the older employees will not do it. There is a lot of favoritism in that job. It is terribly managed.
Pros
Employee discount
Just another piece of the puzzle
Front End Supervisor and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Millwood, NY25 September 2017
By nature of the job, the weekends are the most busy and stressful. Management is only concerned with making money, so many things and most people just get swept under the rug. Regardless of how you perform at your job, it is very unlikely you'll get any feedback, praise or repercussion. This allows for each department to fall into the same pattern, where one person carries the burden of work for all the employees in the department. There are no raises or rewards for the hard working individuals and no punishment for the employees who spend their shift on their phone or in the bathroom. Ideally it would be nice to have a free lunch here or there but not at DeCicco's. As long as they're making money, they don't care.
Pros
Discounted groceries and lunch
Cons
breaks are skipped, lazy incompetent employees
Fun location
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ardsley, NY23 July 2017
Pretty cool place to work. Hot food bar always available, fresh sushi and sandwivhes to your liking. Amicable staff and customer are good to work with.
Cashier
New York - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NY19 April 2017
I was a Cashier. Its not so tough. The management there is not very good and the place is very dirty. The hardest part of the job was leveling the items in the frozen section because your hands would be freezing.
Social, Interactive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ardsley, NY11 April 2016
It was a pleasure to work at DeCicco & Sons. My managers and coworkers were great to work with and very relatable. I enjoyed learning how to work a cash register, as well as interacting with all of the customers and assisting them with issues or concerns. The atmosphere was very balanced between social and productive. Overall I would recommend the establishment to anyone looking for part-time employment.
DeCiccos
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NY25 January 2016
AN excellent place to work. The hours are tough but the benefits and overtime are great. Great ownership and always will to talk about things with you.
benefits
Cons
hours
Disgusting People
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Brewster, NY14 October 2015
if I could I would give no stars! I was fired for not going on a delivery while 5 months pregnant!! they have no concern for their employees at all. they serve old nearly rotting food at the food bar!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything!!!