DeCicco & Sons

DeCicco & Sons Employee Reviews

zero room for mistakesobvious favoritism hours get cut to an unlivable amount

this place leaves 0 room for mistakes & learning. HR only exists to protect management. The union is terrible. There was nothing enjoyable about that place, everyone including the owners are phony. Met a few nice co workers along the way but they run a tight ship for a pretty average supermarket.

Overall great place row work

Deciccos is a great job if you want to grow and exceed at a high level overall I had a good experience Covid cause me to leave the job earlier than I wanted to but it’s a great place

Pros

Laid back workplace

Productively

The company’s super good , the people they so nice to you no matter your races or where you from everybody treat you like a family. They love their job, and they love to work.

Great employees & good company

Family owned business, great culture. Some department managers are helpful and good to work with, some are unbearable. Overall, working in a supermarket is what it sounds like.

Fun workplace

I really enjoyed my time here, it was a fast track to a promotion. I started as a cashier then after only a few months was moved to work in the office.

Pros

Good manager

Can be fun if you have friends

Overall Working here was not enjoyable. Whenever you show up to you shift you will immediately want to leave. Most but not all of the management is very toxic. When you have personal issues to deal with they will most likely let you leave but they will then go talk about you and how bad of a worker you are, Even when you have been with the company for several years. Overall this place is a toxic area with a bunch of people who dislike their job.

Pros

Free lunch, good pay, Good amount of days given

Cons

Rude and miserable workers

horrible place

managers take advantage of you and hr is only there to protect manager and owner they dont care about employees and schedules are horrible there they put you only when they need you

Pros

free lunch

Cons

everything

Okay for entry level experience but..

Have to wait around 6 months to get a discount , lunch is free, can change schedule but I felt very discourage approaching managers about it, seem to receive unfair treatment compared to others, drama that feels like high school, good pay , sometimes get a lot of hours sometimes get barely any so depends on how much you like to work

Pros

Free Lunch, Discount

Cons

Managers, Gossip and Drama, Favoritism

Decent for what it is

This job was quite boring, and not much happened. The pay is decent but some of the managers were not accommodating at all. As a part time job, it was acceptable at first. However, it becomes very monotonous and boring.

Best place I have ever worked

I've worn a lot of different hats and worked at many places, I never thought I'd work in a grocery store. Then COVID hit, for many of us it's the most significant thing in our lives, so I'll focus my review on that. They give us free testing, which is STRONGLY encouraged and you can normally get tested once a week if travel permits it (varying locations/different stores.) If an employee tests positive, their team members are informed. Employees who catch it are paid until they can return. All surfaces are sanitized, those who travel to hotspots are required to inform management and are put on quarantine until they can return, masks are provided to them at no cost, hand sanitizer is everywhere, they even gave us toilet paper on the house, strange times indeed. This is not even all encompassing, the list of other examples is a lot longer. This is absolutely the way to deal with this pandemic. I'm in a union, I have dental, healthcare, vision, a 401K, paid vacation (provided by the company, not the union) and a company discount. Once again, the list goes on. I feel respected and valued. This is an excellent place to work, and a great place to start out. I think everyone should work retail for some period of their life, it can instill a sense of courtesy that can be lacking in some. Maybe I've had a better experience than others, but you reap what you sow.

Pros

Free lunches, union, benefits, paid time off, discount, covid testing, great company culture

Cons

Some people aren't as motivated as some, but there are people who have been amazing at picking up that slack

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DeCicco & Sons?

Good job but management makes it horrible

Fellow employees are nice, but the managers always are rude, degrading and don’t know what they’re doing. When they clearly mess up on something for example breaks, they act like nothing happened and don’t take responsibility. Second they treat us like children, and expect us to be robots and have no interaction with fellow workers. They only care about themselves and are pretty selfish people. It’s all about a buck with them. If someone asked me whether they should apply I would refuse to say yes under any circumstance.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Managers aren’t good

devertido interesante

no se como se trabaja es la primeras ves que estoy solisitando trabajo en este empresa

Pros

no todavia

Cons

ni la mejor idea no se sigan descanso

Pay was decent

I had to be at work for 9 to 5 & I was on time everyday. It was a very great job & I found myself starting to become very motivated when my grandma passed.

Good first job

I have worked at DeCicco and Sons since I was a freshman in college. I believe this work place is a great start for students. The hours are great for students. The management is nice and helpful. It is a easy start and an easy job to continue. The customers are also nice, which helps the environment feel welcome. I recommend DeCicco and Sons as a good first job.

Consumes a lot of your time but had good co workers for the most part and good management

Learned some valuable parts of business and made some friends but long hours and a lot of physical labor for not enough money. Usually understaffed which puts more stress on the employees

The worst!!!

They are by far THE WORST!!! There are no room for mistakes, and if you do make one You are yelled at and degraded in front of customers. There is a lot of favoritism and some employees acts has if they own the place. I worked at the one in Millwood, NY. These Employees are intimidated by new hires because their hours are being cut. In the deli the ladies wear jewelry, no hair nets, I've even seen hair on sandwiches. they are nasty I've seen food fall on the floor and was still served to customers. They don't like to throw out anything so everything is warmed up and served again to the customers. Take a look behind there. Its NASTY!! Dirty knives are used to cut your food and dirty dish rags used to wipe off knives. You should see how dirty and nasty the slicers are. You ordered turkey and red bloody roast beef is on your turkey. The floor is full of garage and employees walk on top of it and don't care. New York city subway is cleaner than the deli area in Decicco Millwood. They also have employees who doesn't speak or understand English. How is that possible 🤷🏻‍♀️

Pros

Ok pay, location

Cons

Hard to work with employees, favoritism, no room for mistakes

No good

Do not work here, managers are jerks who only care about making money and themselves, does not care about employees. Very unfair rules and everything sucks about working here except the pay and employee discount. Biggest problem are the managers, nice to customers, awful to employees

Working there

Managers only look out for them self. They lie & keep people down who want to move up. People like there titles & when they get them they barley work & like to play mind games & lie to keep there positions. The HR union is on there side & they say work as a team but they don’t work at a team & only work when the owners are there. Managers think they are the best & only look out for themselves

Hard work with no support

Company's difficult work for minimal so p's. No true leadership shown across-the-board. I need to catch up with inventory and operating procedures. Sanitation skills super poor with minimal education shown.

Family business, can often be poorly run.

Ideal for a first job, not so much for a career. The stores tend to be fast paced and busy, and offer a good introduction into the general workforce.

Great environment, great co workers and customers

Very positive and helpful coworkers. Amazing customers. Managers were the best. Hardest part of job was preparing food/salads before customers arrived

Pros

Postivity and teamwork.

Cons

No privacy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DeCicco & Sons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement