DEAN GROUP Employee Reviews

1-i well develop my skill am a hard worker
2- management is good
3- work place culture good relation with every one
4-the most enjoyable part of the work work at the team
Pros
1hour
Cons
fulltime
Great Company!
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON7 September 2018
If you need a job they'll find you one; may even lead to something permanent. They certainly have the pulse on Waterloo Region and many of the region's best employers use Dean's services.
Pros
Excellent staff and management
Cons
Temp to Full-time
Great Experience with the Print & Packaging Specialist
Production Manager (Applicant) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
Immediately after I submitted my resume, I was contacted by the "Specialist for Media, Print, and Packaging”. I was invited to meet where we would be acquainted on a personal level and soon after we would discuss employment options. My specialist understood that what I needed was not just a job but one that provided me with a good salary and a good fit. Over the course of a few months I had a number of interviews. Despite my abilities to not secure a position, my specialist continued to invest time and energy in me and provide encouragement. My specialist never gave up on me. He believed in me. Eventually, he found the right fit for me and secured me a good job. I am extremely grateful for the patience, kindness and understanding this person provided. I appreciated also the professional coaching and honest feedback I received after each interview. Mock interviews, prep-work before real interviews occurred were extremely helpful. So thank you. If I am ever in a position again requiring assistance, I will contact The Dean Group.
Pros
entire experience
Very talented in the Print and Packaging Industry
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
I’ve had an excellent experience with the Dean Group.
Specifically the Print and Packaging Specialist presents great opportunities and provides a lot of support before and after each interview. Would recommend to friends and colleagues.
Invaluable resource for people in the printing industry.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2018
Though I did not know it at first, the Dean Group has a recruiter who is incredibly connected to the network of print industry employers and professionals. At our first meeting, it was immediately apparent that he knew much more about the industry than the typical headhunter.

Within a few weeks I was placed in two very relevant interviews, one of which landed me a satisfying new job.
Shotgun Sales with no aim
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2018
Overall they simply waste your time with interest and potential opportunities then suddenly communication is one sided...You asking what's going on.
When I see the Dean Group listings, it's more a joke to even look into.
Pros
Cons
Read reviews to understand
Stay away not, worth your time
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 June 2018
They do not return your emails or calls! They post jobs that are not actually available....totally unprofessional staff when you walk into their kitchener location..i waited 40 mins to talk to someone while they were in the back talking about their weekend! They were passive and seemed like they did not really care. They waisted my time.
Pros
none i can think of
Cons
not professional/posts fake job positions
Unprofessional Staff - Stay Away!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 March 2018
The staff is very unprofessional and never return your phone calls or emails.

The jobs posted are not available and they are simply looking for your information.

My advice is to STAY AWAY at all costs and try another agency as this one is not in it for the employee.
Pros
Cons
The Staff
Waste of Time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON26 January 2018
They can't be bothered to take on any new personnel. Will not respond to emails or call you back as requested. Won't even acknowledge you. Very frustrating and unprofessional. I was warned by a number of people, but tried to use their services anyways in hopes of a different result. Don't even bother applying to their ads- they aren't actually trying to fill those positions (was hoping for an Admin role). Horrible experience.
not a good experience
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON27 October 2017
Poor understanding on the part of Dean recruiters and account managers about the kinds of environments they place their workers in. I was placed at a factory in Guelph that ran aged heat treating equipment. This equipment which ran on 20,000 vdc was leaking puddles of coolant upon the floor where the operator was supposed to stand. When I explained to Dean staff my belief that this was an unsafe work environment and I no longer wanted to work there they were unconcerned with the situation and their representative simply ignored my complaints
Pros
cant think of one
Cons
they could care less about worker safety
Great ownership, ethical, smart and great balance of life
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2017
Great company with employees who have very long histories with the company and who have a great deal of expertise.
Very family feel culture with a great deal of respect for the individual and autonomy in roles.
Really put people first!
Pros
great vacation and flexibility with awesome earnings potential
Cons
boutique so not a place to grow into management
Don't Bother
Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 May 2017
Don't even bother wasting your time registering. They don't even get back to you when you inquire about or want to apply to postings they put up on indeed. Very unprofessional.
Pros
nothing
Cons
unprofessional
factory work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 September 2015
would go into the factory and get our boxes opened with our clips and get our machines started up then start clipping.
was a pretty simple job
Very Supportive Company
Medical Secretary - Grand River General Hospital (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 September 2015
I have been contracted out to many jobs through The Dean Group and have found them very supportive.

The jobs I was employed by through The Dean Group were excellent and I learned on the job to further advance my skill sets
Pros
Friendly Group to Work for
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEAN GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.