DEAN GROUP

DEAN GROUP Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
They found me a job, which was what they were supposed to do. 10 out of 10 would recommend. They were nice. They were professional. My friends used them as well.
There was a lot or changes throughout the day so you MUST be adaptable and flexible. It is VERY fast paced as well. There was always lots to do and learn.
Pros
Free delicious lunches.
I applied to a position, I was contacted to talk on the phone for a few minutes. Dean group said they'd get in touch with me later in the week for an interview with them and potentially their client.

The week comes and passes, I make an attempt to call and as soon as I provide my name, the receptionist they respond that the contact is busy at the moment and will provide them a message. The day goes by and still no call back. They might be busy I get that.

The next day comes and the same issue occurs on the phone.. So I follow up with an email asking for an update and I receive no response. The next day I try following up again, still no response.

Two days later I decide to call and email once more. I finally get through and they tell me the client doesn't know if they are going to continue with the job....

The same job is re-posted within the next couple of days, I call and email inquiring about it and what a surprise... no response.

The exact same jobs keep popping up every couple of months, exact descriptions, exact same pays, and all they do is collect your information for their fake ads to build their database.

Disgusting tactics to prey on honest job seekers, I noticed I am not the only person, nor will I be the last person to experience the garbage these frauds put out.

Stay away!
Cons
I had a very good experience with Dean Group. I was greeted as soon as I walked in, had a pleasurable interview with my recruiter and was submitted for various office positions immediately. My recruiter explained the process to me and help me prepare for my interviews with their clients. I found a great office assistant position with a very reputable company.
Pros
everything
I had a good experience with dean group from the moment i walked in the door. My recruiter took the time to find me the right job based on my experience i didn't want to be put in a job that wasnt right for me like most temp agencies do. Would recommend if you are looking for work!
Pros
staff
Cons
not immediate start
Job I originally applied for was not really available, they asked me to come in and sign up with them, when I arrived they took at least 15 min to come out and talk to me, then said they didn't have anything for me, no need to leave banking info or do any safety quizzes. They called me a few weeks later and asked me to do them a favour and take a very temporary position, in return they would find me full time permanent work, then had to scramble to get all my info. When I completed the assignment they said to come in, which I did again, was left sitting in the reception area again, with the girl on the phone saying "he is here, he is here". Finally someone came out and spoke to me, only to be told again they were looking for me and I would here from them soon. I have not heard from them since, even though they have job postings I qualify for. I would not recommend this agency.
Pros
nothing
Cons
don't call you
I registered with this company for a law clerk, turns out the job never existed to begin with and was just a ploy to get you in their office to provide your info and you never hear from them.
Total waste of 3 hours.
1-i well develop my skill am a hard worker
2- management is good

3- work place culture good relation with every one

4-the most enjoyable part of the work work at the team
Pros
1hour
Cons
fulltime
If you need a job they'll find you one; may even lead to something permanent. They certainly have the pulse on Waterloo Region and many of the region's best employers use Dean's services.
Pros
Excellent staff and management
Cons
Temp to Full-time
Immediately after I submitted my resume, I was contacted by the "Specialist for Media, Print, and Packaging”. I was invited to meet where we would be acquainted on a personal level and soon after we would discuss employment options. My specialist understood that what I needed was not just a job but one that provided me with a good salary and a good fit. Over the course of a few months I had a number of interviews. Despite my abilities to not secure a position, my specialist continued to invest time and energy in me and provide encouragement. My specialist never gave up on me. He believed in me. Eventually, he found the right fit for me and secured me a good job. I am extremely grateful for the patience, kindness and understanding this person provided. I appreciated also the professional coaching and honest feedback I received after each interview. Mock interviews, prep-work before real interviews occurred were extremely helpful. So thank you. If I am ever in a position again requiring assistance, I will contact The Dean Group.
Pros
entire experience
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DEAN GROUP?
I’ve had an excellent experience with the Dean Group.
Specifically the Print and Packaging Specialist presents great opportunities and provides a lot of support before and after each interview. Would recommend to friends and colleagues.
Though I did not know it at first, the Dean Group has a recruiter who is incredibly connected to the network of print industry employers and professionals. At our first meeting, it was immediately apparent that he knew much more about the industry than the typical headhunter.

Within a few weeks I was placed in two very relevant interviews, one of which landed me a satisfying new job.
Overall they simply waste your time with interest and potential opportunities then suddenly communication is one sided...You asking what's going on.
When I see the Dean Group listings, it's more a joke to even look into.
Pros
Cons
Read reviews to understand
They do not return your emails or calls! They post jobs that are not actually available....totally unprofessional staff when you walk into their kitchener location..i waited 40 mins to talk to someone while they were in the back talking about their weekend! They were passive and seemed like they did not really care. They waisted my time.
Pros
none i can think of
Cons
not professional/posts fake job positions
I have had the pleasure of working a few times through the Dean Group. My rep is very considerate of the type of work I'm looking for, and offered me valuable work opportunities.
Pros
Usually employed within a few weeks.
Cons
Some contracts overrun, which sounds great but you are never sure when they will end, making future job searches difficult.
The staff is very unprofessional and never return your phone calls or emails.

The jobs posted are not available and they are simply looking for your information.

My advice is to STAY AWAY at all costs and try another agency as this one is not in it for the employee.
Pros
Cons
The Staff
They can't be bothered to take on any new personnel. Will not respond to emails or call you back as requested. Won't even acknowledge you. Very frustrating and unprofessional. I was warned by a number of people, but tried to use their services anyways in hopes of a different result. Don't even bother applying to their ads- they aren't actually trying to fill those positions (was hoping for an Admin role). Horrible experience.
Poor understanding on the part of Dean recruiters and account managers about the kinds of environments they place their workers in. I was placed at a factory in Guelph that ran aged heat treating equipment. This equipment which ran on 20,000 vdc was leaking puddles of coolant upon the floor where the operator was supposed to stand. When I explained to Dean staff my belief that this was an unsafe work environment and I no longer wanted to work there they were unconcerned with the situation and their representative simply ignored my complaints
Pros
cant think of one
Cons
they could care less about worker safety
Great company with employees who have very long histories with the company and who have a great deal of expertise.
Very family feel culture with a great deal of respect for the individual and autonomy in roles.

Really put people first!
Pros
great vacation and flexibility with awesome earnings potential
Cons
boutique so not a place to grow into management
Don't even bother wasting your time registering. They don't even get back to you when you inquire about or want to apply to postings they put up on indeed. Very unprofessional.
Pros
nothing
Cons
unprofessional
would go into the factory and get our boxes opened with our clips and get our machines started up then start clipping.
was a pretty simple job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEAN GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8