De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd

De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
I'm a former employee... has been a while since I worked at De Havilland. However when I was there, fellow employees and management were awesome... Really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Great pay, friendly atmosphere.
Cons
I work preflight. It's one of the best positions you may ever have in the aviation industry. Great job all around with no complaints. When the vice president and the union chair both meet you with a smile and call you by your first name, it can't be too bad. I highly recommend this place.
I was fortunate enough to get an internship where my job was to engineer repairs for damaged in service aircraft. I was very glad to have the chance to apply all the things on which i have spent years in class.

Every day offered a new situation with its own challenges, and it was very interesting.

I worked with amazing people who were very helpful and taught me countless things that a classroom never would.
The company was a onsite development program support. Never worked there as an employee. Cannot give reviews at this time. The people interfaced were helpful and supportive
Pros
good people
Cons
cold place in winter
productive workplace, Manufacturing the Dash 8 aircraft and the Global 7500. People are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. Enjoy working there for 30 Years.
Pros
parking available, 2 cafeterias on site
Cons
too much levels of management resulting in slow process.
When I worked for de Havilland Aircraft, the company was owned by Boeing Aircraft. The Company paid very well, and the benefits were very good. However the Company has since been purchased by Bombardier, I have no knowledge of the management style that is now in place.
Pros
The Company paid very well and had good benefits.
Cons
The Company has since been bought by Bombardier Aerospace
A typical day at work involved design activities associated with a regional transport aircraft. I learned that the company was totally resistant to adopting process improvements that were working well with other companies. The management was fair at best. The workplace culture was mediocre. The hardest part of the job was dealing with peers & management resistant to new employees ideas. The most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing the Canadian culture.
Pros
Adequate pay
Cons
Old world thinking
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd?