De Dutch

De Dutch Employee Reviews

Best workplace ever!!

De Dutch is an amazing place to work! The manager is a very kind, flexible and dependable manager. It is a very fun, positive and upbeat environment. Everyone there is incredibly fun and kind and I couldn’t ask for a better place to work!!

Pros

Free lunches, good pay and great people

Kind People

My co-workers were very kind and the environment was good. I actually enjoyed my job. Management was a bit unorganized at the time. Overall, I thought it was a great place to work.

Pros

Free food

frustrating and more stressful than nessesary

The entire restaurant was run by servers, the kitchen had no representation at all. The menu was huge and convolutebebeing disrupted to the detriment of the majority of the customers in bill times and food quality. The kitchen just got routinely run over.

Pros

competutive wages. we had a solid B.O.H. team. my manager was a nice person.

Cons

i never felt that our hard work was recognized . wrenches were contantky thrown in the gears.

fun place to work.

Learned a lot about cooking .and had a lot of fun handling knew products and new ways to make food. especially learning how to make pannekoke, pancakes there signature dish.

Professional Management and staff

Very good place to work with professional people and down to earth bosses specially for Fleetwood location. Busy specially on weekends and statutory holidays. Best part is daily tip outs.

Okay Workplace

I only worked on weekends as the dishwasher and prep cook, it was an alright job for what it was. I really enjoyed the job until management changed and the job I once had changed drastically.

Ok place to work

People were ok everyone was just there definitely not as motivated as I was or passionate but none the less I had fun wouldn't go back as compensation was at its cap and I needed a higher wage

Decent restaurant for cooking experience and a few perks

Typically, the line cook's job is to be able to cook all menu items as well as cover any other needed position. Most days for cooks will require a lot of stamina and moving in between people or objects. I learned how to multi-task and do ten things at once. I learned how to recover from a mistake and not crack down under pressure; the show must go on. Management is: Non-existent. Terribly organized. Family-run; nepotism. The workplace culture is above average. Most people get along and there is very little restaurant drama. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the pace required to have a running restaurant. Cooks generally do not have the leisure of taking breaks (or at least the ones who have some pride). Minimum wage also increased a lot for certain positions, which means you'll be working 2-3 times as hard as a dishwasher, but making the same or less amount of money, depending on how fast they're willing to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.

Pros

Free Staff Food, Good Employees

Cons

Understaffed, Lack of Management, Poor consistency

a lovely and family environment

this is nice company and it give good pay and tips to every worker. the tips are same for all. eery employee works very hard and honestly. eeryone helps each other.

High pace restaurant that ensure opportunities to advance

This is very fast pace environment that allows you to work on your skills as a server and as a host. It provides you with opportunity to move up. Loving working there!

Jobs at De Dutch

See more jobs

Nice people, alright food, usual kitchen stuff

The people there are really nice and understanding. The food was pretty good and I would get a free meal a shift which was really nice. I was a line cook so it was stressful sometimes when you have big rushes and stuff like that but nothing too stressful. I didn't have a bad experience working at my local DeDutch at all which was mostly due to my coworkers.

Pros

Free meal, 50% discount, Nice coworkers

Cons

stressful, sweaty

Lots of fun, great staff and resonable hours

Always enjoy going to work, can be intense at some points but everyone has each others backs during busy mornings. Management is flexible with hours and will almost always allow for time off with 3 weeks notice.

Pros

free meal with every shift

Cons

early mornings

Great atmosphere with poor management

A typical day at work involves ingredient prep and cooking for myself, with busy times and not so busy times. I learned quite a lot about ingredient prep and cooking there. Management when I started was great, however a new manager took over and things haven't been so good for me since. In my restaurant my coworkers were very nice and always willing to teach me how to do something. They always help me to do things the right way. Hardest part of the job is definitely multitasking. A meal has many components and each one has a different cooking time and handling techniques. Managing more than a few orders at a time can be a challenge for someone new to the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be knowing that you've worked hard to provide a nice meal for everyone in the restaurant despite all the stresses that come with it.

Pros

Free lunch for every shift you work

Cons

Short hours, operating times often don't allow for an 8 hour shift

great friendly coworkers but overall disorganized

i enjoy my time at dedutch becuase it is a casual work environment but it is horribly managed and incredibly unprofessional. i met alot of awesome coworkers and you never have to wear make up, heels or a tight dress to work here. in ym experince the managers are very nice and great people but not suited to the job

it's super fun job and great management

I love the job and everyone that works there. that was my first job and i'm coming up to just about 3 years of working there. A typical day at De Dutch is super busy and filled with challenges that put me out of my comfort zone like the huge rush hours that happen there every weekend. it taught me a lot about giving great customer service and how to socialize with the customer to give them a really welcome experience.

Pros

a free meal during shift and 50% discount while off shift

Cons

not enough hours and only weekends

Fun place to work

Working South Surrey location was awesome. Free meal only mornings managers very helpful great team.Very flexibile hours for students. I will be back next summer .

Pros

Free meal

Cons

Only open morning

very great place to eat and meet new people

De Dutch is a very small but busy place, if you happen to get a job there expect to be running around often because everything is going fast and fun. the managers are always happy and cheering us on. over all wonderful place to eat and work.

Pros

free meals during shifts and 50% off if off shift

Cons

not that many hours during the year expect summer

Great Place to work

Super fun job!! The team is a lot of fun and the clientele is very nice. I can't recommend the job enough for anyone looking to enjoy their job instead of hate it!

Great place to work for students

Good work environment Good hours - the restaurant closes by 3pm The company uses Instant pay so you have the option to be paid 50% of your wages immediately after your shift.

Great seasonal work.

Great place to work. A Very good manager has reasonable expectations and looks out for his crew. Good chance to expand experiences.Wonderful locations and meal given,

Working as a dishwasher

Good place to work anyone starting off in the job market. Fun place to work especially if you like high pace work. Another bonus to this job because this place is a restaurant job is the tips.

Pros

Always a free lunch during our shift that was a bonus

Cons

not a lot of room in the restaurant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De Dutch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement