De Dutch

De Dutch Employee Reviews

Learned a lot about cooking .and had a lot of fun handling knew products and new ways to make food. especially learning how to make pannekoke, pancakes there signature dish.
The entire restaurant was run by servers, the kitchen had no representation at all. The menu was huge and convolutebebeing disrupted to the detriment of the majority of the customers in bill times and food quality. The kitchen just got routinely run over.
Pros
competutive wages. we had a solid B.O.H. team. my manager was a nice person.
Cons
i never felt that our hard work was recognized . wrenches were contantky thrown in the gears.
Very good place to work with professional people and down to earth bosses specially for Fleetwood location. Busy specially on weekends and statutory holidays. Best part is daily tip outs.
I only worked on weekends as the dishwasher and prep cook, it was an alright job for what it was. I really enjoyed the job until management changed and the job I once had changed drastically.
People were ok everyone was just there definitely not as motivated as I was or passionate but none the less I had fun wouldn't go back as compensation was at its cap and I needed a higher wage
Typically, the line cook's job is to be able to cook all menu items as well as cover any other needed position. Most days for cooks will require a lot of stamina and moving in between people or objects. I learned how to multi-task and do ten things at once. I learned how to recover from a mistake and not crack down under pressure; the show must go on. Management is: Non-existent. Terribly organized. Family-run; nepotism. The workplace culture is above average. Most people get along and there is very little restaurant drama. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the pace required to have a running restaurant. Cooks generally do not have the leisure of taking breaks (or at least the ones who have some pride). Minimum wage also increased a lot for certain positions, which means you'll be working 2-3 times as hard as a dishwasher, but making the same or less amount of money, depending on how fast they're willing to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Free Staff Food, Good Employees
Cons
Understaffed, Lack of Management, Poor consistency
this is nice company and it give good pay and tips to every worker. the tips are same for all. eery employee works very hard and honestly. eeryone helps each other.
This is very fast pace environment that allows you to work on your skills as a server and as a host. It provides you with opportunity to move up. Loving working there!
The people there are really nice and understanding. The food was pretty good and I would get a free meal a shift which was really nice. I was a line cook so it was stressful sometimes when you have big rushes and stuff like that but nothing too stressful. I didn't have a bad experience working at my local DeDutch at all which was mostly due to my coworkers.
Pros
Free meal, 50% discount, Nice coworkers
Cons
stressful, sweaty
Always enjoy going to work, can be intense at some points but everyone has each others backs during busy mornings. Management is flexible with hours and will almost always allow for time off with 3 weeks notice.
Pros
free meal with every shift
Cons
early mornings
A typical day at work involves ingredient prep and cooking for myself, with busy times and not so busy times. I learned quite a lot about ingredient prep and cooking there. Management when I started was great, however a new manager took over and things haven't been so good for me since. In my restaurant my coworkers were very nice and always willing to teach me how to do something. They always help me to do things the right way. Hardest part of the job is definitely multitasking. A meal has many components and each one has a different cooking time and handling techniques. Managing more than a few orders at a time can be a challenge for someone new to the industry. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be knowing that you've worked hard to provide a nice meal for everyone in the restaurant despite all the stresses that come with it.
Pros
Free lunch for every shift you work
Cons
Short hours, operating times often don't allow for an 8 hour shift
i enjoy my time at dedutch becuase it is a casual work environment but it is horribly managed and incredibly unprofessional. i met alot of awesome coworkers and you never have to wear make up, heels or a tight dress to work here. in ym experince the managers are very nice and great people but not suited to the job
I love the job and everyone that works there. that was my first job and i'm coming up to just about 3 years of working there. A typical day at De Dutch is super busy and filled with challenges that put me out of my comfort zone like the huge rush hours that happen there every weekend. it taught me a lot about giving great customer service and how to socialize with the customer to give them a really welcome experience.
Pros
a free meal during shift and 50% discount while off shift
Cons
not enough hours and only weekends
Working South Surrey location was awesome. Free meal only mornings managers very helpful great team.Very flexibile hours for students. I will be back next summer .
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Only open morning
De Dutch is a very small but busy place, if you happen to get a job there expect to be running around often because everything is going fast and fun. the managers are always happy and cheering us on. over all wonderful place to eat and work.
Pros
free meals during shifts and 50% off if off shift
Cons
not that many hours during the year expect summer
Super fun job!! The team is a lot of fun and the clientele is very nice. I can't recommend the job enough for anyone looking to enjoy their job instead of hate it!
Good work environment Good hours - the restaurant closes by 3pm The company uses Instant pay so you have the option to be paid 50% of your wages immediately after your shift.
Great place to work. A Very good manager has reasonable expectations and looks out for his crew. Good chance to expand experiences.Wonderful locations and meal given,
Good place to work anyone starting off in the job market. Fun place to work especially if you like high pace work. Another bonus to this job because this place is a restaurant job is the tips.
Pros
Always a free lunch during our shift that was a bonus
Cons
not a lot of room in the restaurant
Was one of the best companys ive worked for, amazing staff and management. short hours and only ever day shift, as well as amazing hourly wages.
well working at De Dutch i had an all right as a dish washer , the co workers where good to work with very happy people , a bonus to working early mornings they gave us free breakfast.
  1. Employee reviews