De Beers

De Beers Employee Reviews

Canada76 reviews
N/a
Good company to work for.
Mostly very good management; demanding but fair.

Good salary and benefits package.

For those working at site very good camp accommodation.
fantastic
family environment where you knew you were appreciated. Loved every minute of this job. Unfortunately this particular mine has closed and Is not expected to reopen anytime soon
My experience as a house keeper with debeers
I enjoyed working at DeBeers, IN a quick summary looking back at my past experience. I was was a full-time housekeeper on a 2-week routine. The things that I liked the most about my job as a house would be: How busy I was from the beginning of my shift to the end. I enjoyed working with people and assisting them when asked.
Mucho oportunidad de crecer sus capacidades
Durante mi tiempo con De Beers, tenia mucho oportunidad de trabajar con un diverso cantidad de proyectos y personas con diferentes disciplinas.
Good Company to Work for.
Everyday is challenging and rewarding. Management was always supportive and available for people. My time with DeBeers was during the start-up period of an operation and a "Safety" culture was very important to the company. The most difficult part of the job was that of individuals who were peers who were threatened by others who were more experienced and had more knowledge then they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was developing meaningful safety policies and procedures.
Wish i were still there
It was a great place to work. Employees were given a chance to do training. Unfortunately when the place closed we were told debeers would look after us when it came to jobs at the other mine. That did not happen.
Team Building
Having had the advantage of being at the Snap Lake Mine during it's construction I was able to assemble several dynamic underground teams pairing young new miners with very experienced miners that safely broke production records in difficult ground and water conditions.

I was awarded a very prestigious safety award within the company due to my unwillingness to compromise on any safety issue.
Excellent organization!!
Excellent company to Work for! Lots of opportunities and a great health a safety culture. They truly value their employees. Above average pay, good benefits, very generous vacation and long/short term incentives. Started in Toronto and moved with the company to Calgary. Culture and dynamics changed after the move and it was never the same. Unfortunately due to business changes the company is shell of what it used to be now.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at De Beers?
Good safety culture
A good place to work. 2 work weeks in 2 weeks out. Team work with other departments was very good. Training worker's in mining to become more productive.
Exciting and new
I enjoyed working for De Beers as a underground miner. One of the best jobs I've ever had. Best experienced and was an excellent learning opportunity.
Great place to work at, awesome opportunities.
I really enjoyed my tenure at De Beers Victor Diamond Project, the people were great, the work was challenging and a great learning experience. Working in environmental was awesome, some really great people to work for. I wished in hindsight that I would have stayed a little bit longer and got to work on the metallurgical side a while. De Beers was one of the better if not the best company that I have worked at. Thank you De Beers for the opportunity you presented.
Exciting
Worked two weeks on and two weeks off having to fly an hour each way. The environment was exciting and took my management experience to a new level. I would highly suggest trying it to anyone with a sense of adventure but make sure to dress warm! It was -50 some days!
It's good if you don't have a family
This position is 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, 12 hour days. Two of my off-days are spent travelling to and from the mine-site. The benefits are awesome, and the two weeks off is nice, but it can be mentally frustrating at times being away from home in an isolated post for two weeks at a time if you have a family.
Pros
Free food, good benefits/wage
Cons
Long hours, isolated, poor access to the outside world.
Company taking good care of its employees.
Excellent safety culture.
Very good record on delivering Capital Projects.

Well-developed talent management system.

Company which is successfully cooperating with communities near the operation sites.
Good company to work for with good benfits
Meet with cross shift an discuss previous shift. Get ready for crew line up. Have a safety talk with management and crew. give the crew their line up then go u/g and check on the crew and check work places for any changes from the previous shift. Working with and helping the workers whenever possible is appreciated. management was not as involved in the mining operation as I had been use to. Safety and procedures were pushed above production.keeping water under control and meeting targets.When the ore bins were full at the end of the shift.
Pros
A good meal at the end of the shift
Cons
Bad weather and stuck in camp for a couple of days
Large Company with a small company feel
Great Place workers safety and work life balance are paramount. Working in the arctic is a challenge but De Beers are very skilled at making everything feel as close to home as possible Don't hesitate
Awesome crew to work with
I had the best crew and supervisors to work with and they made the job fun and productive. The hardest part was having to deal with any emergency situations trying to to worry about friends underground, but they were professional and at the end of the day everything would be fine.
The management was not the best by any means, but we got the job done.
Pros
The people
Cons
The management
Great Company to work for
Over 10 years of experience as Mobile Equipment / Site Service / Dewatering Maintenance & Parts Planner and also one year as Purchasing Clerk with DeBeers
Acquired excellent communication, organizational, negotiation, problem solving, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Pros
Great CoWorkers Great Team
Cons
Closing
productive
Productive work environment! Gained a lot of experience working with this company. Too bad the mine closed though. Great people and good staff!! That's all.
Very good salary with an ideal work schedule
This was a fly in job but the mine shut down. It was a good place to work with good coworkers and management. The salary and benefits were great with a good schedule of 14:14
Pros
Salary benefits schedule
Cons
Security
Productive place to work
I enjoyed working for this company very much. Accommodations, food, everything was excellent. This is where I learned the importance of safety issues related to equipment and the mining industry. Management was very helpful in all areas. The hardest part may have been the -45 climate. The most enjoyable part would have been operating various pieces of equipment as well as co workers.
Pros
flights, accommodations, equipment, management, safety
Cons
weather