DCM Integrated Solutions Inc

DCM Integrated Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
I love the patient attitude towards quality that we focus on here on site. I've worked for many different contractors up here. Good/bad/ugly. Every company has their up's and downs. DCM is one of the best I've ever had the oppourtunity to join. Recent pay cuts and lay offs have been....... Not so pleasant. I went from getting a 4$/hr raise when I signed up(compared to last employer) position to making 1$/hr less than I used to. But the times are tough and it s to be expected at times.
Pros
Excellent pace, proper trade/supervision structure.
Cons
Pay cuts have been extreme Lowest hourly wage in over 7 years for an embedded maintenance contractor
Call you for a job tell you that your working this shift then cut you short tell you this is your rate and then give you less and ohhh nooo this is it
Cons
Not truthful at all. No integrity
I worked a shutdown with DCM group. They were great to work with. Management was nice. Work life balance sucked but that’s to be expected in a shutdown. Pay was good. Communication was sometimes lacking. All-in-all, good company to work for. No major issues.
DCM Integrated Solution was a good company. All personnel are in good behaviour. The safety rules and regulations are excellent. They do it to prevent accident and need to follow every second in a minute, every minute in an hour and every hour in a day you are working.
I gained my experience in this company in construction and shutdown. The reason I love to work this company is the safety of worker and the management is really supportive in materials and tools we need.
learned alignments, hand tools, and learned about equipment's.
friendly, fun work place, communicate to each other and respect from each trade.

understanding team mates and foreman.
It is a good company to work with. company promotes respecting workers and implement anti discrimination policy. Paid higher compare to other company. Good benefits. Good management. Good start for the guys that are in apprenticeship. Good project accomplishments with a high level of quality and meet time frames.
other than accommodations it is a good place to work being fly in fly out with a decent work schedule, but this is all at the whim of the client and not the employer
Excellent work atmosphere

I enjoyed the company, the job, and the co-workers. I would highly recommend working with DCM to those seeking employment.
It's a good company in a tough situation. The guys there are awesome to work with. Great team. Wish they would communicate better in the office.

S
I had an interview with this VP of HSE, lots of words that didn’t materialize to anything. Wages were low with lots of expectations that weren’t reasonable. Be careful with this company, I learned my lesson and moved on.
Pros
Lots of work through out Canada
Cons
Low wages, unreasonable expectation
Overall they are a good company to work for. The hiring office workers have no idea of what job they are actually hiring for. They will give you very little information. Best is to talk to the guys on site on the first day to see what is actually needed from you :)
company provided everything I needed to be successful. They treated me like I was more than a number. I felt comfortable discussing anything with my foreman and super.
had fun working up in camp, pay was good, hrs were good, did some shutdowns. got to build new construction at Canadian horizon. Forman's were easy to get along with and everyone looked out for each other.
The company is mainly French, the west coast operations is limited to Fort McMurray and the east cost operations are mainly based out of Montreal. The company does not have a good benefit program nor is their RSP mantching.
Welcoming work environment and friendly employee, enjoyed the crew, work a lot of great people, great company to work for them there's work. productive work place.
Pros
Good accomodation
Cons
safety meeting , review the job , carry out the task , clean up go home. great team to work for . professional work force with many skilled tradesmen .
great company to work for, good team environment, awesome co-workers. downside lay offs occur often with no previous notice, Eastern based company with preference always given to eastern workers, western workers laid off first everytime.
Pros
great salary
Cons
employment non consistent
Good place to work. Good people. CNRL horizon camp was the only downfall really. Everything on DCM side was handled very well. PPE provided and HR girls were nice.
Great place to work however as a scaffolder there is no job security every shift I come in there is always rumour of a new company taking over, no piece of mind
The type of work was fine, I just didn't speak the language. This is a company from Quebec, and naturally they speak French. I was put on a French crew that barley spoke English. I hold no ill feelings towards the crew, but was left wondering why I was put there in the first place. One of the worst jobs I've ever had in Alberta.