DCM Integrated Solutions Inc

DCM Integrated Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews

goodcompanypeoplemanagementgreatjobworkworking

Good company

No complaints good Company good pay, safety culture was good. Camp job. Good shift, the shift rotation was a 14/7. Food provided . Fly in and fly out job

good shutdowns work

good shut down work, camp is ok and good is ok. all ppe including coveralls where provided. they have a fairly strong safety culture also and the shift was good

Insights into DCM Integrated Solutions Inc

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager

Good crew, different disciplines helped each other out.

Not many mechanical companies really give insulation divisions a chance or a helping hand. DCM always made us welcome and feel like part of the team not just a un wanted step child. Supervision has been great on the different contracts I was apart of. Working with different tradesmen allowed open collaboration on the job from start to finish.

Productive and always fun in the workplace

I would like to work always in this company because it’s very organized the management specially in safety, ppe, tools. Also dcm is good benefits specially if you are family.

Great place to learn

Great place to work, learn, safe environment, fun, benefits, retention bonus, training, comraderie, good exercise, nice accommodations, decent food, nice gyms, etc…

Mickey Mouse

Management seemed fine, decent organization, good work, shop foreman is a complete moron. Asked for days for information regarding torque specs, finally days later after pestering for an answer he gives me an incorrect value, WAY out to lunch. Felt horrifically under appreciated, refused to get proper materials for the job (was told to use incorrect gaskets because we didn’t have the proper size/rating), incredibly passive aggressive, avoided me as much as possible, straight up bad at his job. Walked out on him, stressed me out. He’s the guy you will wind up working for. This is at their Sherwood Park shop.

Pros

Good location, decent work, small crew.

Cons

Foreman.

Very short term work, you're working as long as you're needed, nothing more

I don't think I would recommend this company, worked there one week before layoffs were already planned. I was up in Fort Mac for one week before myself and a group of others were already scheduled to be "layed off". It's a ton of paperwork and everything else to be employed by them for such a short term. I see like much of other fort max contractors, their MO is to hire and lay off people. I planned on being with them for the long term, yet at the end of my short contract, they already knew that was the end, so what's the point in reality?

Great core group of co-workers, but terrible management. The shift was the best part of the job. It was 7/7

Upper management was in bed with the client and our union. Inflation rose and our wages continually went down. They cut manpower and resources and expected more production. Morale is terrible there. I was at the horizon site and I literally didn’t know a single person below the superintendents that wasn’t looking for work elsewhere.

Pros

Good shift Good group of foremen and workers

Cons

Management and the client (CNRL Horizon) were always out to hang people. Low wages Terrible morale

I had a short term contract.

DCM is well organized. A salary is competitive and fair. The accommodation was provided, a good personal room. Management is friendly, no micromanagement at all, only business.

Awesome people.. and exilant management

Working for dcm has been a good experience, not only do they look after there employees.. they go above and beyond to make sure you are doing well in and around there work sites. I would recommend anyone that has a interview with dcm.. to follow through with the interview.

Pros

Great people

Cons

No cons.. really!!

Don’t bother with them

Call you for a job tell you that your working this shift then cut you short tell you this is your rate and then give you less and ohhh nooo this is it

Cons

Not truthful at all. No integrity

Great work culture.

I worked a shutdown with DCM group. They were great to work with. Management was nice. Work life balance sucked but that’s to be expected in a shutdown. Pay was good. Communication was sometimes lacking. All-in-all, good company to work for. No major issues.

Good salary

DCM Integrated Solution was a good company. All personnel are in good behaviour. The safety rules and regulations are excellent. They do it to prevent accident and need to follow every second in a minute, every minute in an hour and every hour in a day you are working.

I worked in this company since 2016 and they gave me a lot of support to do my job easier.

I gained my experience in this company in construction and shutdown. The reason I love to work this company is the safety of worker and the management is really supportive in materials and tools we need.

productive and knowledgeable co-working

learned alignments, hand tools, and learned about equipment's. friendly, fun work place, communicate to each other and respect from each trade. understanding team mates and foreman.

Paid higher compare to other company. Good benefits.

It is a good company to work with. company promotes respecting workers and implement anti discrimination policy. Paid higher compare to other company. Good benefits. Good management. Good start for the guys that are in apprenticeship. Good project accomplishments with a high level of quality and meet time frames.

Fifo

other than accommodations it is a good place to work being fly in fly out with a decent work schedule, but this is all at the whim of the client and not the employer

Excellent work atmosphere

Excellent work atmosphere I enjoyed the company, the job, and the co-workers. I would highly recommend working with DCM to those seeking employment.

Good company

It's a good company in a tough situation. The guys there are awesome to work with. Great team. Wish they would communicate better in the office. S

Not what it seems

I had an interview with this VP of HSE, lots of words that didn’t materialize to anything. Wages were low with lots of expectations that weren’t reasonable. Be careful with this company, I learned my lesson and moved on.

Pros

Lots of work through out Canada

Cons

Low wages, unreasonable expectation

Good company

Overall they are a good company to work for. The hiring office workers have no idea of what job they are actually hiring for. They will give you very little information. Best is to talk to the guys on site on the first day to see what is actually needed from you :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Integrated Solutions Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement