DCM Group

Canada27 reviews

Clear

goodjobworkdcmgreatworkinglongmanagement

Productive no fun

Supervisory sucks , far away camp , heavy demeaning positions not for oldies fast peasing job , competitive between groups. Who’s faster , no lunch room, only water supplies

It’s a good company to work for

Overall as a supervisor with them on and offI keep going back for TA’s etc., so it’s goodGreat place for apprentices to learn from experienced hands, excellent team environment ideas are encouraged

Pros

Pay is on time, higher management a good group

Cons

More hours

Insights into DCM Group

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Culture is get it done as fast as you can

Found that the pay at DCM was good and fair. I found that the management wanted things done quicker than was usually safe to do so. Some workers were over worked and this resulted in them constantly complaining to other workers who would then be influenced to complain.

Really enjoyed working with DCM

They were great a providing me the training I needed to work at the job site safely! Management was more then easy to work with. I highly recommend taking employment with DCM

last resort

The 3 head of the company think too highly of themselves and the managers below them will do and say anything to make a good impression on them, so all the underpaid employees get the blame.

Exceptional company

Completed the tank farm project at YYC. Management and attitude were some of the best I've ever worked with. Tradesmen were exceptional. A rarity in today's job sites.

Pros

Any tool we needed was promptly supplied. Management's attitude was exceptional!

Cons

Great company to work for

Very face paced, busy environment. Most of the management team work together like a family and treat the employees with respect and professionalism. As with many companies there are exceptions but overall I worked for them for 6 years and had minimal issues regarding staff. Hardest part of the job was peak hiring time getting all employees on boarded and settled into their respective roles. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people and making lifetime friendships along the way.

Pros

Paid Flights

Cons

Staff Benefit package

Excellent Company and great working atmosphere

DCM was one of the best companies that I've worked for. Even starting out with no planning experience, they took me in based on my relative work experience and I fit right in instantly. Everyone was friendly, easy to talk to and it was enjoyable to go to work. The pay was great, hours were great.

Pros

3 free meals a day, flights and accommodation were paid for, wage was great, team and management all got a long.

Cons

Camp life, 14/7 shift work, job security wasn't the best being a construction job but that's understandable.

*-Management assumes you know who they are without them introducing themselves. Cheap company and False promises.

Typical day at work for me was to schedule training for 100-500 employee's based on how many different contracts we had on the go. Maintain the training matrix, enter and file all training records into company system and then into employee files. Management were great to deal with, any issues I had were resolved immediately. I worked with a great group of people, if I had questions they were always there to help and explain what I needed to know. I loved the social aspect of the job with the other employee's and how I had new challenges almost on a daily basis.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DCM Group?

real good culture

DCM is employee oriented company. It like to retain its employees for long term.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement