DCM Group

DCM Group Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Fort McMurray, AB16 reviews

goodjobworkdcmgreatworkinglongmanagement

Working with good,motivated and team driven crew with excellent forman .

Unfortunately I was only there for a 12 day shift, told me they would call me back because they had more work but never heard back. I would like to work with DCM again in a heart beat and would definitely recommend them.

Great company

Great experience working for DCM, fast paced environment & room for growth. Met great people over the years and worker multiple project in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Insights into DCM Group

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Culture is get it done as fast as you can

Found that the pay at DCM was good and fair. I found that the management wanted things done quicker than was usually safe to do so. Some workers were over worked and this resulted in them constantly complaining to other workers who would then be influenced to complain.

Really enjoyed working with DCM

They were great a providing me the training I needed to work at the job site safely! Management was more then easy to work with. I highly recommend taking employment with DCM

Great pay

Wages were good and the camp wasn't. Free flights were great but never any tools for the job, always had to go looking for what you needed, Tool crib was empty. frustrating

productive and good work experience

Dcm was a good place to work. I learned quite a bit as far as working in a team environment. The salary and benefits are great, but the hardest part of the job is working away from friends and family.

Pros

great people to work with

fair company

It is a fair and friendly company with good benefit. We can use our technology and experience in work site. It is an organized company. we can learn a lot of knowledge.

good people

great place to work,good people good camp , good food, the work load was good I really enjoyed working there , and would really look forward to going back again soon

Pros

good camp

Cons

Great people to work with.

Worked as a contractor on the CNRL site in fort mcmurray . fly in/fly out. & days on & days off. Job security is a bit unstable but thats mostly due to economy.

Pros

camp life

Accommodating and perfessional

DCM accommodates employee's family needs when working from province to province. Superintendents are helpful and work as a team with their Admins. Overall DCM is a good company to work for.

Great company to work for

Very face paced, busy environment. Most of the management team work together like a family and treat the employees with respect and professionalism. As with many companies there are exceptions but overall I worked for them for 6 years and had minimal issues regarding staff. Hardest part of the job was peak hiring time getting all employees on boarded and settled into their respective roles. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people and making lifetime friendships along the way.

Pros

Paid Flights

Cons

Staff Benefit package

It was an ok place to work at.

It was an ok place to work at. They are fairly new to working in the oil field so you need to be patient with the way they do things but so long as you work safe and still get work done then it's a good job place.

Typical day at work for me was to schedule training for 100-500 employee's based on how many different contracts we had on the go. Maintain the training matrix, enter and file all training records into company system and then into employee files. Management were great to deal with, any issues I had were resolved immediately. I worked with a great group of people, if I had questions they were always there to help and explain what I needed to know. I loved the social aspect of the job with the other employee's and how I had new challenges almost on a daily basis.

Secluded

Very repetativescanning, copyingentering datagood shiftfar away

Pros

camp

real good culture

DCM is employee oriented company. It like to retain its employees for long term.

Energy sector oriented employer

Skills mandatory include: Safety training, material handling, process evaluation, writing technical reports, and working as a team. Communicating with complimentary trades is essential (pipefitters,insulators and operators)

Pros

specialized training is provided

Cons

as with most large companies, difficult to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement