DCM Group

DCM Group Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews

goodjobworkdcmgreatworkinglongmanagement

Productive no fun

Supervisory sucks , far away camp , heavy demeaning positions not for oldies fast peasing job , competitive between groups. Who’s faster , no lunch room, only water supplies

It’s a good company to work for

Overall as a supervisor with them on and offI keep going back for TA’s etc., so it’s goodGreat place for apprentices to learn from experienced hands, excellent team environment ideas are encouraged

Pros

Pay is on time, higher management a good group

Cons

More hours

Insights into DCM Group

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment

Working with good,motivated and team driven crew with excellent forman .

Unfortunately I was only there for a 12 day shift, told me they would call me back because they had more work but never heard back. I would like to work with DCM again in a heart beat and would definitely recommend them.

Great company

Great experience working for DCM, fast paced environment & room for growth. Met great people over the years and worker multiple project in Alberta and Saskatchewan.

Culture is get it done as fast as you can

Found that the pay at DCM was good and fair. I found that the management wanted things done quicker than was usually safe to do so. Some workers were over worked and this resulted in them constantly complaining to other workers who would then be influenced to complain.

Enjoyed my work experience with DCM

I enjoyed working for DCM. I learned many skills working with this company. I gained many contacts for my trade that were helpful when my job came to an end. I would love the opportunity to work with DCM again.

Really enjoyed working with DCM

They were great a providing me the training I needed to work at the job site safely! Management was more then easy to work with. I highly recommend taking employment with DCM

Great pay

Wages were good and the camp wasn't. Free flights were great but never any tools for the job, always had to go looking for what you needed, Tool crib was empty. frustrating

productive and good work experience

Dcm was a good place to work. I learned quite a bit as far as working in a team environment. The salary and benefits are great, but the hardest part of the job is working away from friends and family.

Pros

great people to work with

Great learning experience

A lot to learn! More advantageous and lucrative for workers directly involved in construction. Limited room for growth in support roles. Friendly environment, family vibe. They recognize the importance of flex time and family values.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at DCM Group?

fair company

It is a fair and friendly company with good benefit. We can use our technology and experience in work site. It is an organized company. we can learn a lot of knowledge.

last resort

The 3 head of the company think too highly of themselves and the managers below them will do and say anything to make a good impression on them, so all the underpaid employees get the blame.

good people

great place to work,good people good camp , good food, the work load was good I really enjoyed working there , and would really look forward to going back again soon

Pros

good camp

Cons

Great people to work with.

Worked as a contractor on the CNRL site in fort mcmurray . fly in/fly out. & days on & days off. Job security is a bit unstable but thats mostly due to economy.

Pros

camp life

Cons

It was a team work effort to complete all tasks on a timely matter

Was very productive and i enjoyed the work and knowing i completed certain projects was very satisfying .It was a great experience to work away from home.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No job security

Environnement de travail

Bonne compagnie aucun problème avec cette compagnie depuis les 3 annee travailler peur eux

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Rien

Accommodating and perfessional

DCM accommodates employee's family needs when working from province to province. Superintendents are helpful and work as a team with their Admins. Overall DCM is a good company to work for.

Exceptional company

Completed the tank farm project at YYC. Management and attitude were some of the best I've ever worked with. Tradesmen were exceptional. A rarity in today's job sites.

Pros

Any tool we needed was promptly supplied. Management's attitude was exceptional!

Cons

Great company to work for

Very face paced, busy environment. Most of the management team work together like a family and treat the employees with respect and professionalism. As with many companies there are exceptions but overall I worked for them for 6 years and had minimal issues regarding staff. Hardest part of the job was peak hiring time getting all employees on boarded and settled into their respective roles. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many new people and making lifetime friendships along the way.

Pros

Paid Flights

Cons

Staff Benefit package

Excellent Company and great working atmosphere

DCM was one of the best companies that I've worked for. Even starting out with no planning experience, they took me in based on my relative work experience and I fit right in instantly. Everyone was friendly, easy to talk to and it was enjoyable to go to work. The pay was great, hours were great.

Pros

3 free meals a day, flights and accommodation were paid for, wage was great, team and management all got a long.

Cons

Camp life, 14/7 shift work, job security wasn't the best being a construction job but that's understandable.

Great workplace for safety

I did not speak French so my breaks was quiet for me as the whole lunch room was spoken in French. Also my Foreman would speak to my apprentice to give me as the journeyman for direction. I had a great relationship with co workers as I tried at my French and they tried at their English. My co workers had good work ethic and good quality of work.

Pros

Good quality of work

Cons

I don't speak french

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DCM Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement