dbrand

• Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Friendly People and Free Drinks

In general, the people in decent and the work is pretty straightforward. You can tell they are still stuck in that transition from a small business to a medium sized company. Like any job you'll find people you like and people you dislike. Management had it's weird moments.

Pros

Chill people and free drinks

Cons

Almost no rooms for advancement due to size of company

Unlike any other job I've had before

Do you want a job doing the same monotonous task endlessly? Do you want to stare indignantly at the clock, cursing each minute and second that passes in the day? Do you want to work within a dysfunctional team of individuals who only look out for themselves? Do you want a boring, staid office-space that is trapped in traditional ideas and cannot adapt?No, of course you don't. You want a challenging but satisfying role, where you can be creative, have your voice heard, and help solve problems. You want your days to fly by, have every minute count, and achieve both common and individual goals. You want to make friends with the people you work with, and trust they've got your back when you need help. You want an agile workplace that doesn't rely on standard operating procedure. You want to have fun, and get paid to do it.I had the latter experience working at dbrand, and overall have very positive things to say. I found the mix of collaborative and independent work very satisfying, and felt supported by my coworkers and management throughout. HR in particular worked very hard to keep spirits up and identify any points of concern, even during the most challenging and busy times for the company.Opportunities to be creative and contribute to the company identity were plentiful. These contributions in a CXR role are often identified and lauded within the CX team, and the greater company as a whole, for their positive impact on customers, which gave a great sense of satisfaction. Coordination between departments was great, and it feels like everyone is working towards the common -

Pros

Plentiful opportunities for creativity, plenty of recognition for hard work, good benefits, competitive pay, good opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Deadlines can be stressful, some tasks can be highly repetitive, target market customers can be ill-mannered, prepare for some strong language

They're always watching, ESPECIALLY the spotlight.

Don't let yourself stand out or you'll be watched for your whole tenure. From the start of your day, you're pressured to get through as many picklists as possible, regardless if you have other duties, say in the Joint Health and Safety Committee, or if you're cross-trained in multiple departments.

Pros

Flexible management, pool and fooseball tables, basketball court

Cons

Stressful hours, high pressure, low pay, hard to advance, disconnect between upstairs and downstairs, hard to prove justification for a raise

Productive, clean and good environment to work

Dbrand is a well known company, those who choose to work with this company; rest assured that you will have a steady employment opportunities. It is a good environment to work with. Great and helpful colleague.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

It could be difficult to advance and challenging to move up the ladder due to small company size

This place is never boring

It's an amazing feeling to be a part of a company that is admired and envied by it's peers.There are challenges and some tight deadlines to stay ahead of the industry's pace, but this just drives the energy and creativity. The payoff is a rewarding sense of accomplishment - seeing the impact of your (and the company's) contributions in near real-time.dbrand thrives on creating experiences for customers and fans, and then challenging ourselves to be more interesting, more remarkable, and to get bigger reactions. It's what happens above and beyond the product and delivery that make working here unlike anywhere else.

Pros

- strong culture, transparency, ability to contribute and grow

Cons

- quick deadlines to catch small windows of opportunity

Great Culture, and Encouraging Workplace.

This isn't your typical clock-in and clock-out job. It extends a bit beyond that. From the moment I started, I was encouraged to do my best. The mentality, or culture, I felt was that your mistakes don't define you, the resolutions you find to correct your errors do. When I stepped in the door, on my first day, I felt welcomed by not only my team, but the rest of the company as well. That's not to say there wasn't tough days, or issues that needed additional assistance in tackling, but I never felt like I was on my own. There was a sense of community, and comradery, that I've not felt at many other workplaces. There's a reason why dbrand's motto is "it's not a product, it's a culture." If you're hard-working, and like challenges, I can't recommend this place enough. I was incredibly thankful for my time here, and am glad to have learned from such a great group of people.I will be honest though, if you're easily flustered, and don't respond well to constructive criticism, you'll likely have a less-than-pleasant experience. The industry is fast-paced and unforgiving at times, and you need to know how to roll with the punches.

Pros

Bonuses. Free beverages (pop/sparking water/coffee/tea etc.). Room for advancement. HR is awesome, and often brings little snacks for team members. Benefits!

Cons

Hours can sometimes be long if it's busy season. However, I was always asked if I wanted to work over-time and was never expected of me.

Seems like a good place at first.

You walk into the building on your first day and you think that the workplace is amazing; everything seems to be running smoothly, everybody seems to be nice, the work seems like a good balance. Give it about 3 months, after that things start going downhill. You will start getting more and more responsibilities without any extra compensation, and if you make a mistake they make it seem like the end of the world. The owner and CEO is known to come down and scream in employees faces, or say entirely inappropriate things to employees upon making mistakes. You are made to feel like you have to work ridiculous hours once you have any bit of responsibility at the company, sometimes going past 18-20 hours in one shift. The managers tend to favour family over current employees, and even terminating employees for family members to replace them. If you end up being terminated and you think that it is done there, think again. They will try to find hours that you "owe them" and then all of a sudden any small bit of severance you are given seems to just disappear.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Extremely long hours, Disproportionate compensation, No possibilities for advancement, Underpaying for the amount of time/work expected

It could be great.

Even as a senior employee I feel no job security. Raises are non-existent, and a question about fair pay is responded with market averages and percentages when they claim to be number one in their industry. A percentage of a small number is a small number. They act amicable but in reality they are just another profit driven corporation trying to squeeze every penny out of their employees for the 'culture'. You are a robot in name and n practice. I have seen many people go above and beyond for the promise of 'high growth' to simply be cast aside due to managers and those with influence making personal promises and commitments to family and friends while ousting former employees without cause. If you need employment terribly this is a good avenue, but long term employment is definitely not recommended. Imagine being asked to come in less than twelve hours after your last shift in order to personally cater to the CEO of your company with non work related activities.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Unrealistic expectations without proper compensation. No job security.

Challenging, Fast-paced, and Rewarding

If you are someone who can be complacent or intimidated by challenges, this is not the place for you. However, my time at dbrand has been nothing short of an amazing ride. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment, dbrand creates a culture that will accelerate your personal and professional growth. There are always new and exciting challenges to keep you on your toes every single day. The diverse work experience alone has taught me far more than I could have imagined walking into this role. Feedback is a continuous loop in this work environment and opinions are taken seriously. It's extremely refreshing to work at a company where everyone genuinely cares about each other and the work we share as an organization. There will never be one person left behind - you are always working as a team.

Captivating culture combined with an elevating mindset

IMO this company currently strikes a perfect balance between startup and established company. It still has the growth potential many startups have and is young enough to allow anyone who's motivated to get involved and make a difference. At the same time it's mature enough to have established structure, processes, and guidelines, but is not yet so old as to be bogged down by bureaucracy or long-standing opinions.If I had to pick the one thing that stands out to me the most when working with this company, it's the unique culture and mindset present in my colleagues. It's the kind of culture that aspires you to be involved and grow with every challenge, and the kind of mindset that allows you to be open and candid with anyone across the company, regardless of role, age, or background.Personally I find a lot of smaller things to be grateful for, too. Whenever I hear a friend at another company complain about either one of their colleagues, a project, or a certain "established way of things", I can't help but wonder why they can't "just" be candid with their colleague, ask for guidance from HR or their manager, or openly challenge the status-quo, all of which seem natural and part of the culture here.Needless to say, not everything is perfect either. Expectations are always high, there are still lots of things that need to be improved (especially planning), and many challenges will require putting in some extra time and effort. If you just seek a 9-5 job where you can do your own thing and be done afterwards, this is not it.During my time at dbrand I got to witness tremendous -

Pros

High growth potential, fun colleagues, exciting challenges, flexible hours

Cons

High expectations, occasional tight deadlines

Unique Product, and a Workplace to Match

The size and scale of the business was quite eye opening when first joining, and it has continued that same growth over the past couple of years. At times, this can cause challenges, but the team comes together to figure things out!There is a high attention to detail required from both a product and operational perspective, with quite a few moving pieces always in play. This was a perfect fit for me, as in past companies I have suffered with team members that did not share the same drive for 'getting things right', or getting bored coming in to the same thing every day.If you are one to accept 'good enough', this place may not be the best fit for you. If you strive for excellence and enjoy a new challenge/opportunity every day, this will be a perfect fit.

Pros

dynamic environment, high attention to detail & quality, new product opportunities

Cons

some long days surrounding major releases

A life-changing experience

I know what you're thinking: "that title sounds overdramatic!"Maybe it is, in a general sense. For me, it's the honest truth. My life would be in a very different place right now, had I not strolled through the doors of dbrand HQ one evening for a job interview.I don't just mean this in a banal "I'd be spending 1/3rd of my weekday existence in a different room" sense. I mean I'd be on a completely different (and definitely worse) career trajectory, with way fewer notches of experience on my belt, dramatically reduced stake in the success of my company, AND I'd be spending 1/3rd of my weekday existence in a different room... with far less interesting people.Simply put, dbrand provides a work environment where anyone can succeed, thrive, and grow - as long as they've got the grit, determination, and smarts to pull it off.If you consider yourself intelligent, agile, flexible, hardworking and multi-talented, the best work of your life is just an application and an interview away.If you're merely coasting on the length of your resume, or just looking to collect your next paycheque, you won't last a week.Putting this whole weird self-help motivational speaker spiel aside, it's also a ton of fun, as long as you gel with the culture.If I had a time machine I could use to fix all of my past mistakes, I'd make sure to leave intact all of the mistakes that indirectly led to me working at dbrand.

Typical Day

- Lots of walking - Different duties everyday - High pace - Learned different types of devices - Most enjoyable was the flexible hours - The workplace has a different environment from other companies

Strong culture that feels like a high performing sports team

Ability to truly make an impact. It feels like everyone holds themselves accountable. It's a transparent working environment that leaves you feeling energized.dbrand is a growing company that offers constant opportunities to learn and challenge yourself. The hardest part is finding which obstacles to tackle first. The team is talented and well equipped to help as well. It's great being at a company where I can rely on my colleagues. There are no slackers in this group project, and that is a unique selling point now-a-days. The core values are solid. It ensures we keep alignment on tasks, projects, and objectives. The one thing that continues to blow me away, is the standard of communication. External and internal communication continues to be strong. dbrand leverages tech platforms to ensure everyone is in the loop. It's both efficient and effective.

Pros

Work Opportunities and Coworkers Performance

Cons

HQ currently west of Toronto

Fast-paced and Collaborative Environment

Awesome culture, great people, welcoming environment, and unique company. Things are fast-paced and challenging, but there are lots of opportunities for autonomy/self-directed projects and personal growth. Teams are tight-knit and work collaboratively. The company is still at a size where everyone can make a direct impact. Management is transparent and generally easy to deal with. Work is held to a higher standard than other places I've worked at. You can tell that people care a lot about the company and it's a good place to be inspired by others. Have had a great experience working here.

Pros

down-to-earth management, team events and lunches, passionate coworkers

Cons

there can be some tight deadlines during busy times of year

A fun competitive place to work

It was a fun place to work with opportunities for advancement. the people are down to earth and same with the bosses running the warehouse. Everyone got along in my opinion

Dont work here

The management and supervisors here are unprofessional, and swear a lot dont work here The turnover rate here is so.high They have no proper procedures on.how to do.things, they don't provide any training and expect you to work like a robot

A great business with not so great leaders.

If you are a go-getter, this is a place that may offer growth to you; given you can keep up with the demand and have thick skin. However, there are far better companies that will truly value your input and efforts than this place. There are some not so ethical things going on in this place and unfortunately with the pace and reality of the job, most if not all, issues get swept under the rug. Take your talents to a place that will groom and nurture you rather than a slaughter farm. Pros Great physical space to work in. Cons Management is as unprofessional as their recruitment process. Unfortunately, for management, there are no real distinguishable lines between a legitimate business and a tree-house boys club. CEO seems to be lacking in people's skills outside of selling.

Be careful before accepting any job offer

It’s a growing company but there’s a lot of aggressiveness and inappropriate treatment of employees. It’s a good work space but it’s unnecessarily hostile but they pretend like it’s a cool work environment.

Pros

Cool gadgets and work space

Cons

Agressive, hostile and inappropriate treatment

Late stage start up with potential, still learning from their mistakes

Lots of potential for growth for the company and yourself within assuming you have thick enough skin/want to deal with the internal issues. You'd be better off applying to one of the many tech companies in Toronto offering similar or higher pay without the often non-professional and labour-law violating behaviour from the CEO/Management.

Pros

Nice working space.

Cons

Location, inappropriate treatment of employees by owner/CEO, unessecarry long hours at times due to poor project management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at dbrand. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement